Page 137 of 510 FirstFirst ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 12749
    Kicking Horse now - shot ski needs a tune.....

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I'll just leave this here.
    I want that
    cross between snow cat and the mystery machine
    skid luxury

My dad had a van just like that when I was a little kid. I rode on the engine cover between the front seats. Perfect kid launch position in the days before child restraints.

AK style
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valdez.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	223429
    off your knees Louie

^^^^^^ Well, that's different

Fucking tapatalk, fix the photo upload! Grr...

How much more stealth in white cargo van compared to black one? I’m thinking of high top so it probably will not fit into “true” cargo van stealth but would like to know if the choice of color between black and white makes a huge difference.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

A little project for someone?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8914.JPG 
Views:	169 
Size:	875.6 KB 
ID:	223604

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    How much more stealth in white cargo van compared to black one? I’m thinking of high top so it probably will not fit into “true” cargo van stealth but would like to know if the choice of color between black and white makes a huge difference.

Definitely more stock white vans out there than black. Just tint the windows for privacy.

Also to consider, white doesn't get nearly as hot as black in the summer. Makes a difference for your (and your dog's) comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Definitely more stock white vans out there than black. Just tint the windows for privacy.

Also to consider, white doesn't get nearly as hot as black in the summer. Makes a difference for your (and your dog's) comfort.
    Most commercial vans are white due to lower purchase cost.

For the ultimate in stealth, go with an Acme Painting Co. sign on the door. Could be plumbing or whatever. Just don't go with Acme Expensive Electronics Co unless you want to invite a break-in.

I was thinking of “wrapping” the roof with white if I get a black van. I thought of some painting or plumbing company logo at the same time “wrapping”...

I want the black van with all black but I wonder how much it stands out to have a “murdered out” tall roof cargo van.

Tall roofs always look like handicap vans so I wouldn't worry about it. Just put ARC logo stickers on it.

Here is what I found on a parking lot in Italy. Pretty neat rig.
    Argh. No Pic sorry. And no url embed?
    Basically this:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc2358E_ii4
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Newb help.
    ;-)
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post

White with plumbing logos and some dents and rust potentially broken down appearance...black points to a government operator stake out look.

Don't forget the stealthily placed change stickers...

The Chinook is back in Virginia. 5 week ski odessey totaled 10,693 miles skiing CO, WY, MT, and BC. Added a run from Red back down to CO to see the Xgames then back to BC and MT to finish the trip. Certainly met some great folks along the way.

Sent from my SM-T580 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by B6Fischer View Post
    The Chinook is back in Virginia. 5 week ski odessey totaled 10,693 miles skiing CO, WY, MT, and BC. Added a run from Red back down to CO to see the Xgames then back to BC and MT to finish the trip. Certainly met some great folks along the way.

Sleeping 2017/2018:
    Summit County: Dillon, CO overnight parking lots free - they alternate locations each night
    Aspen: Airport Parking Lot B. $6 day and ski area shuttle buses short walk.
    Steamboat: gravel lot behind La Quinta and next to Holiday Inn. Strawberry Park Natural Hot Springs.
    Jackson: we did one night in TGR's lot
    Targhee: paid the $20...
    Utah Canyons: local church parking lots. Holladay Rec Center-$7 hot tub/shower highly recommended
    Big Sky: roadside turnout right at the resort entrance. Bozeman Hot Springs and Fitness $8.50
    Whitefish: Larch Lot (Ski in/Out via Home Again) Not charged at checkin
    Fernie: Lot 4 - free. Fernie Rec Center $7 hot tub/ shower. Must do Big Bang Bagels for breakfast sammy.
    Kicking Horse: Free
    Red: free

Nicely done! 10k is awesome

Welcome home B6Fischer - you had a truly epic trip itinerary and thanks for the report & stoke. That was a stealth move at Big Sky - cool!

Thanks all. Glad to be home but planning a VT March trip and ME April one!

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Great! We’re still noodling around BC - its a holiday today so instead of skiing we are on a bus to Calgary to see Flames vs Bruins! Can’t stand in our van so after 23 nights we slurged for hotel for a coule of days - back to the van tomorrow and on to kimberly for a few days

B6fisher pm me if you’re coming through Norwich vt (not sure if we’ll be home by March though....)

Vanlife is so glamorous until your electrical system develops a gremlin where you can't run your heater off your battery. Using the generator for heat sucks. Not just the heater either, my fridge causes the system go freak out as well.

Gonna have to take a break from chasing pow to fix this mofo. Last winter season it was another series of issues that kept me busy.

These RV things are money pits but oh so worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Vanlife is so glamorous until your electrical system develops a gremlin where you can't run your heater off your battery. Using the generator for heat sucks. Not just the heater either, my fridge causes the system go freak out as well.

Gonna have to take a break from chasing pow to fix this mofo. Last winter season it was another series of issues that kept me busy.

These RV things are money pits but oh so worth it.
    My first rule for winter RVing: have backup systems.