Page 135 of 510 FirstFirst ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 12727
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Fair point. I already have a 10 year old Subaru. Having a room in the lodge means that we occasionally have to listen to screaming children, have shitty cable t.v. in our faces, and sleep on beds that countless people have jerked off on to. That plus $25 for a cheeseburger and a beer makes having a private RV pretty damn cozy.
    Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Why not add your semen to the mix?
    I laughed

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    i hope you felt uncomfortable to even type that. if not you might be a sociopath....
    uh-oh, I didn't type that, but I thought it was funny

Quote Originally Posted by skibaru View Post
    I bought mine all together and the truck is a 550 so its got no problem with the weight - even in crazy cross winds - I don't love the height however - but so far haven't run into too many issues.
    Gross tonnage has an advantage or two.

Get a bat pole for the dismount. Then rent it out to strippers.

Quote Originally Posted by spnce View Post
    Why did the plow guys make you move & not me? That was fucked up
    He made a pass by, then went to another lot. Thought it was my wakeup call to move. When he came back he cleared another lane and I prepared. No biggie. I have plowed for cash so know it helps...

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app

Utah Wyo trip

Did a quick Utah-Wyoming trip right before Christmas while bumming it in the back of the tundra with a buddy. We hit Snowbassin, Snowbird and Alta. Snowbassin barely had any snow but was super nice about letting us crash in their lot as long as we stayed somewhat invisible. Snowbird was pretty disappointing as well with barely anything open and not much of an effort to make snow. Alta was pretty rad rad about having a lot open and allowing you to go somewhat everywhere even with the poor snow cover so it was pretty nice to finally get some more advanced skiing, also got a taste of what real Utah skiing might be like when we were hit with a little 1 foot storm on our last day.
    Plan as to hit Telluride but last second decision to follow a storm allowed us to end up in Jackson. We slept in the hostel parking lot after getting into the Teton Village round 12, we weren't bothered until we tried to repark the car in the ranch lot that morning and found out it was 15 bucks to park (wtf!) decided to go to one of the more remote lots to pick up a stranger and get in for free (ranch lot has a 3 person cars park free rule). Skiing in Jackson was really dope with nearly the whole mountain open and enough snow to keep us finding stashes all day. The storm was also underestimated which didnt hurt! After our two days in JH we had to start driving back to California in order to be home for Christmas and not face the wrath of our mothers. On our drive through Idaho we were very close to saying fuck it telling our families we had gotten stuck in a snow storm and sneaking off to Sun Valley.
    Now just waiting for California to get pounded by some storms in order to head off to mammoth and squaw to get my fix.

Wish I could have waited for more snow in utah to actually get the full experience but im a college student on a tight schedule....

The only spot we had any trouble trying to crash was little cottonwood canyon, we figured it out by spending 4 nights in Sandy's walmart parking lot. Got friendly with the staff and made sure to park in the light to avoid some sketchiness, only woke up to people drifting around the parking lot once!

The lil platform in the back of the truck was super practical for excess ski gear, stove and food!

The dra is nothing compared to some of your guys' adventure rigs and they have got me dreaming/coming up with some wild life plans!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4568.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	221606   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4585.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	221607   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4593.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	221608  

Quote Originally Posted by backcountrybummer View Post
    The dra is nothing compared to some of your guys' adventure rigs and they have got me dreaming/coming up with some wild life plans![/COLOR]
    Do it. You've already discovered that you don't need much to live an extraordinary life. The ordinary world will be there when you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It would be easier to sleep if you didn't park on such a drastic sidehill.

Took the camper out to rescue a buddies broken truck, and it blew/slid over. Fack.

Name:  IMG_20180119_120655_570.jpg
Views: 1413
Size:  39.2 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180119_103201.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	221762

Skid steer is a few feet to short, and doesn't have forks. May have to just go rent some forks...

If I can get the camper back in the truck I can duct tape the holes over and finish out the season. Only issue with that is the front jack mounts were the main tie down points. Fack.

Name:	20180119_130616.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	221763

Sent from my SM-G930V using TGR Forums mobile app
    Last edited by Yukonrider; 01-21-2018 at 04:56 PM.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

^^^ That is massively fucked dude. Really sorry to see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I find it endlessly fascinating that bad things can happen while trying to help people. Totally fucks the whole notion of karma.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    I find it endlessly fascinating that bad things can happen while trying to help people. Totally fucks the whole notion of karma.
    "no good deed goes unpunished"

Fuck Yukonrider, super bummed for you.

Nothing is fucked dude.

A couple of pipe jacks, some wood, and some love with patching. You'll be on the road a bit after tomorrow.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Nothing is fucked dude.

A couple of pipe jacks, some wood, and some love with patching. You'll be on the road a bit after tomorrow.
    Heh. Intentionally teed up a softball. Nice.

Man, I forgot how awesome Phillip Seymour Hoffman was in that too. Such a loss.

2:22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

My good deed of the day. Picking up hitchikers. 9 snow riders+ my dog and i...

Name:	20180119_161338.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	221868

Did get instant karma, party style. Just about all the hitch hikers present.

Name:	20180120_215530.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	221869

And a sweet camp spot. And no hassle from the man.

Name:	20180121_003007.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	221870

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    ^^^ That is massively fucked dude. Really sorry to see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    "no good deed goes unpunished"

Fuck Yukonrider, super bummed for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Nothing is fucked dude.
    Thanks guys! About the only good thing about it is I am parked in a spot I don't have to leave, and the owner of the house is gone so I'm 'house sitting' until I get my house put back together. Hot showers and a warm house every night can do wonders for morale!
    Recovery attempt begins tomorrow. Current plan is to go rent a set of forks for the Bobcat, then lower the rear jacks until the camper sits on the forks, then raise it all up as one until I can get the the truck under the first foot or so, then use the skid to push it the rest of the way into the truck. Could mess up my drop in bed liner, but a full lift and set is not an option, may put some snow in the bed so it slides in better.

As far as the holes go, I can tape them over for the rest of the season. Fixing the broken wood where the jacks mount isn't a huge issue once I'm back at home with all my tools, and it isn't cold out. Won't even cost much money, the most expensive part is the RV sealant. $50 max for both sides.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Parking our Chinook Concourse at Kicking Horse this week, my son Gerrit woke to find this rig parked next to him!

Sent from my SM-T580 using TGR Forums mobile app

That rig is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by B6Fischer View Post
    Parking our Chinook Concourse at Kicking Horse this week, my son Gerrit woke to find this rig parked next to him!

This is everything. Spacious. Rad lift and 4x4. And likely full of shag carpet soaked in bong water and puss juice.

How does something like that happen? Do you buy a Chinook and drop it off at Quigly?

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeRidges View Post
    How does something like that happen? Do you buy a Chinook and drop it off at Quigly?
    Looks like a quadvan conversion

He drove down to Red last night to catch the storm. A worthwhile move. Cant wait to fly out next week to meet him at Whitefish.

We are hoping to have Chinook coverted to 4x4 by www.ujointoffroad.com

Good on ya! Pricey but really the only way to go in terms of performance, ride, and durability. Saving to do the UJOR conversion on my 7.3 E350 extended.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

We came very close to doing the same, but then Tiger...

http://www.duncanimports.com/used/Is...e53784e997.htm

Who is going to buy this rig so I don't feel tempted by it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    http://www.duncanimports.com/used/Is...e53784e997.htm

Who is going to buy this rig so I don't feel tempted by it?
    Fuckin' A that's cherry. Luckily not in the market. If I lived in the PNW where not being stealthy was okay, I'd be tempted to cash out on my van ASAP.

We had the same gen Rodeo. Thing would never die. Despite my father who is notorious for taking shit care of cars driving it to 320K.