Page 122 of 508 FirstFirst ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 12696

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Seems too good to be true. Should be double that in price. Proceed with caution and keep in mind it could be a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    That things pretty awesome.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Turn key winter rig

Not mine, but I wish it was. Nice rig located in CO Springs. If I had $29k sitting around and could quit my job and ski all winter, I'd buy this rig.

Pick up a Honda 2000 generator jetted for altitude + a helper tank, throw on an extended hitch carrier for it and have all you'd need to boondock at areas for extended periods of time in any weather.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 1.17.58 PM.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	337.5 KB 
ID:	213031

Pretty good price on that rig. I wonder what the mileage is on the truck.

Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    Pretty good price on that rig. I wonder what the mileage is on the truck.
    Ad said 85k

Based on the text I think that price is just for the truck.

that dodge pleasureway looks nice- altho sometimes I forget that 1996 means over 20 yrs old
    skid luxury

I think you're right. I went back and looked at the ad more closely. I've been looking on craigslist a lot lately at truck campers. Between Arctic Fox and Bigfoots, I like the encapsulated look of the Bigfoots better.
    We used to have a Six Pac camper on a Chevy 1500-now we have a pop up on a Tundra- I miss the hard side camper-much better for skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    that dodge pleasureway looks nice- altho sometimes I forget that 1996 means over 20 yrs old
    Mileage says this was likely a southern summer toy. Little use. Utah life. Little to no rust I bet. Still is 20 years, but it looks pretty cherry and the electronics have been upgraded.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by bovine View Post
    Ad said 85k
    I didn't see the text. Just the pic.

FYI Bigfoot are premium units manufactured in British Columbia. The top end models are very good in winter.

Here is what I have been up to. I completely rebuilt my four wheel camper. Thought some of you might be interested in it. Its been a project for sure! But I think it will be worth it. Looking forward to a great winter!

Quote Originally Posted by shredforfun View Post
    Here is what I have been up to. I completely rebuilt my four wheel camper. Thought some of you might be interested in it. Its been a project for sure! But I think it will be worth it. Looking forward to a great winter!

Very cool...I love my fwc! Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by myles long View Post
    Very cool...I love my fwc! Have fun
    Thanks man! Its been a project for sure!

Thanks man! Its been a project for sure!
    btw, i have a similar setup. have you done any mods to the tacoma suspension yet?

Very nice camper but why was it necessary to disassemble the cabinetry in order to paint it? Or were there major modifications to the cabinets?

So how well do these work in the winter? Do you have insulating panels that you put against the fabric walls? Does the heater crank all night long?

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    So how well do these work in the winter? Do you have insulating panels that you put against the fabric walls? Does the heater crank all night long?
    There is a arctic pack that will add another layer over the canvas on the inside. Newer campers have the velcro and hooks installed from the factory to hang the pack.

I don't have a arctic pack but have been in mine down to the low 20's with the furnace set at 55 and been fine with just a regular sleeping bag. The furnace runs, but not all night...crank it up in the morning and its nice and toasty to get dressed. I have had a little bit of condensation inside so I like to leave the top popped while the sun is out so it can dry.

Yes, when I made the new canvas I also put a layer of Velcro for just that reason. I will make an artic pack sometime soon. After sewing the canvas myself I am confiedent I can handle that artic pack, but I might be eating my words later.

What furnace do you have? Right now I just have a little wave 3. I do not know if I want to bit the bullet and get a better forced air, or try to supplement the wave with a mr buddy. Need to figure that out all that out. I have to figure out how to make it nice a toasty so that my wife is comfortable, if not we will have far fewer nights in it.

Yes, when I made the new canvas I also put a layer of Velcro for just that reason. I will make an artic pack sometime soon. After sewing the canvas myself I am confiedent I can handle that artic pack, but I might be eating my words later.

What furnace do you have? Right now I just have a little wave 3. I do not know if I want to bit the bullet and get a better forced air, or try to supplement the wave with a mr buddy. Need to figure that out all that out. I have to figure out how to make it nice a toasty so that my wife is comfortable, if not we will have far fewer nights in it.
    Pretty sure mine is a Atwood 12,000 BTU, comes stock with a new FWC. My kids slept in their kiddie type sleeping bags when it was around 20 and the furnace at 55 and they were fine. They sleep on the rollover couch in front of the air vent to stay toasty but its pretty warm overall

Not FWC-related, but similar...
    My folks are likely buying one of those enormous Lance 1172s with the double slide-outs. They have a Ram 3500 Dually to put it on. Anybody have any tips for slideouts in real winter weather (e.g. 2-3 foot overnight dumps)? I understand the "don't use them when it's dumping" argument, but as I understand it the layout of that camper essentially requires them to be extended to use the camper without having to climb over furniture and whatnot. They're pretty set on that model with the slides because it'll let them easily take my kids places with plenty of room.

It doesn't seem like there's any specialty product that helps deal with snow and ice other than the various models of slide-out toppers. So it's cleaning off the topper with a roof rake and ladder? Be pretty shitty to have to wait for sunny weather to melt your refrozen ice layer in order to avoid ruining the seals on the slides.

Am I missing anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Am I missing anything?
    All the people in our group would keep them shoveled off whenever possible.
    Never saw any stuck open.

Quote Originally Posted by myles long View Post
    btw, i have a similar setup. have you done any mods to the tacoma suspension yet?
    I just have the ride right airbags. I take it pretty easy. I don't even have the TBS recall My leaf springs are getting pretty flat, once those go all the way I will put in a new stiff pack. just waiting on that full frame buyback lawsuit to shake out Hope not, wouldn't be able to find any used ones after that and I like my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    Very nice camper but why was it necessary to disassemble the cabinetry in order to paint it? Or were there major modifications to the cabinets?
    Ha, my wife said the same thing. it was really quite easy to take out, and makes the sanding and painting way easier. no taping etc. I have put it in with the interatoin of taking it out with things just tacked together etc. not sure how a pro would do it, but I get by.