Page 119 of 510 FirstFirst ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 12727
    That's a nice looking camper.

Working on my first mod for the arctic fox - as beautiful and well thought out this rig is, it is a little short on places to store skis and related gear absent a roof box or back porch storage.

The slide out dinette in the 990 came with their ingenious fold down bunk, that folds completely out of the way for 4 people to enjoy dinette. And it is diesel and made to carry large lazy phat 'mericans. After staring at it awhile I came up with a design utilizing all the same materials, racked a little differently, and still able to convert to a bunk.
    Can prob get 4 sets of skis and poles, boots and backpacks. And the factory cut out for reaching around through the window works great as the front piece as it has the open center to remove and get at anything, or place in board and all is locked in there for storage.

Original equipment folded up against the wall

Took the two pieces apart and off the wall

Gear rack taking shape

Last edited by NoPostholio; 07-16-2017 at 08:57 AM.
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Just picked up the sprinter this weekend. Pretty psyched. Seats 6, sleeps 4, heater, AC, solar, galley, custom ski box, awning, hot outdoor shower, toilet....nothing more I can think to add.....

Eric at Tourig builds some sweet ass vans
    That little strap holding the table would make me nervous. The table will be a decapitator if you're in a frontal crash.

Otherwise nice.

^^

Agreed. Now have a much more robust strapping system. The panel they are strapped to is bolted down as well.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    Working on my first mod for the arctic fox - as beautiful and well thought out this rig is, it is a little short on places to store skis and related gear absent a roof box or back porch storage.

The slide out dinette in the 990 came with their ingenious fold down bunk, that folds completely out of the way for 4 people to enjoy dinette. And it is diesel and made to carry large lazy phat 'mericans. After staring at it awhile I came up with a design utilizing all the same materials, racked a little differently, and still able to convert to a bunk.
    Can prob get 4 sets of skis and poles, boots and backpacks. And the factory cut out for reaching around through the window works great as the front piece as it has the open center to remove and get at anything, or place in board and all is locked in there for storage.

Original equipment folded up against the wall

Took the two pieces apart and off the wall

Gear rack taking shape

Any detail on how to keep melting snow from dripping on the table and bench? Just plastic sheet lining the rack or?

Easy big fella, just storage for long distance travel - wet or snowy gear can get strapped to ladder or on roof rack.

I'm not building this thing to dry off ur skis!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

Tackled one more small project before diving into back deck.

Previous owner had built some solid temp supports for use when TC is not in truck. They were kind of heavy at like 60 lbs with both pieces and jacks.

Been stockpiling alum in anticipation of such things and decided to try a couple 4" needle beams, with aluminum screw jacks.

Still need to fabricate some slide pockets for top of jack to beam interface and some trex pads for ground

Took the shimmy right out of the camper
    Last edited by NoPostholio; 07-31-2017 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    Sweet mother. Take muh goddamn money!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Purty

Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Ski RV's, who's sleeping in parking lots?

Check out this classic! Gotta be a mag out there looking to take on a project. Saw it this morning in Denio, NV next to fire camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Purty

That yours?

I priced one out awhile back. Came out to around 50k for a fully loaded nv passenger and the Quigley conversion. I might go for it once my current car dies. That's 20k cheaper than a suburban.

Nope, just ogled it while I was passing by. 50k sounds like a bargain for that sort of rig though. Get to 90% of the trailheads and then sleep in total comfort.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!

fyi
    (sorry if a repeat)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kar.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	137.2 KB 
ID:	209999

Name:	kar2.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	210000

Name:	kar3.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	210001

Not mine.

"F350-Sportsmobile type 4x4 camp van---very unique"

https://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/45250375

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    ^^

Agreed. Now have a much more robust strapping system. The panel they are strapped to is bolted down as well.
    Could we get a few more shots of the layout of the van? Is the toilet outside? I can't see where it would be.

From the OR daily

^ lol, bring it on

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    From the OR daily

I'm really looking forward to picking up one of these kitted out vans on the cheap in a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    I'm really looking forward to picking up one of these kitted out vans on the cheap in a couple of years.
    QFT

Finally got the back deck project tipped towards finality.
    All started because I found these werner alum platforms for 25$ a piece

Still need to install shelf angle on bumper and then three sections fit in the gap with two 3/8" threaded rods locking it all together. Total weight under 75 lbs.

Temp rigging until I put a bolt hangar on back side to receive cable.
    Guaranteed to hold 2.5 mags

Nice

those look like construction sawhorses ? A carpenter who stayed at the BnB told us its common in Vancover anyway to call those things "triggers" like roy rogers horse
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Spied just a bit south of Bakerville this morning

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    those look like construction sawhorses ? A carpenter who stayed at the BnB told us its common in Vancover anyway to call those things "triggers" like roy rogers horse
    they sell them as a work platform for painting etc -