Page 110 of 508 FirstFirst ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... LastLast
Results 2,726 to 2,750 of 12696
    ^^will trade klar for this so i can be in the old world for a season. prob like 2019 or so,

45 stay alive beans the musical fruit the more you eat the more you toot..

To rich for my blood but still pretty darn cool

https://rockies.craigslist.org/cto/6025286654.html
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

When I see the prices of Eurovan and Vanagon campers these days it makes me wish I had taken up some of the many chances I had to acquire them cheap 15-20 years ago. But back then I was all about air cooled. The only one I regretted back then was a Syncro.

While in France, I saw a bunch of campers mounted directly to the frame, not sitting in a truck bed. The are similar to this http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/n...fleet-flatbed/ however they didn't sit on a flat bed.

Does anyone know of the manufacturer's of these types of units? I've always thought that for a single purpose vehicle, a slide in wastes a ton of space.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    While in France, I saw a bunch of campers mounted directly to the frame, not sitting in a truck bed. The are similar to this http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/n...fleet-flatbed/ however they didn't sit on a flat bed.

Does anyone know of the manufacturer's of these types of units? I've always thought that for a single purpose vehicle, a slide in wastes a ton of space.
    You mean like a Provan Tiger?

Yes & no. That is is definitely a style of RV that I'd find very functional. I'd be real interested in how they handle the structure of the cut away as I've always understood that is the reasons vans (which don't usually have 4x4) are used in most conversions.

Mostly, I'm interested in the fact that the vehicles I saw were a +/-$10K Hillux plus camper. The reality is that I can't afford, nor justify what you get for your money, with most RVs that I find appropriate.

In reality, just another internet worm hole I'm going down while not getting much office work done.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Yes & no. That is is definitely a style of RV that I'd find very functional. I'd be real interested in how they handle the structure of the cut away as I've always understood that is the reasons vans (which don't usually have 4x4) are used in most conversions.

Mostly, I'm interested in the fact that the vehicles I saw were a +/-$10K Hillux plus camper. The reality is that I can't afford, nor justify what you get for your money, with most RVs that I find appropriate.

In reality, just another internet worm hole I'm going down while not getting much office work done.
    Many were probably Polycomposit as it was a French company that's out of biz now.

http://forum.expeditionportal.com/th...rs-from-France

Spent 5 nights in this guy on a January trip to Japan... I think I may have caught the RV bug.
    We fit 6 people surprisingly well.

I saw a camper mounted on frame in SLC last summer. The one I saw was from Europe. I think it sounds like a great idea. No bed = less weight, No flat bed = lower center of gravity, lower cost and less weight. It winds up being more like a small class C which is fine with me since I don't need a pickup truck.

A few people responded to my post:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...t=#post4732501

Quote Originally Posted by Kailua_Boys View Post
    Carl Isner jumped the shark. I much preferred his original build (that burned.)

I would like to do a similar flatbed with our Alaskan. I would add side boxes for storage because ours is a slide-in.

After a two year search, we ponied up for that astro tiger that was posted earlier...the sweet hand painted tiger mural on the back sealed the deal. Already had a couple shake down nights at Mary Jane. Stop by for a beer if you see us in C lot this spring. Big thanks to this forum for helping us find it.

We resolved to trade our Chinook Class B+ RV after a single hair raising descent from Little Cottonwood Canyon in favor of an Escape 17 trailer with a RAV4 as a tug. Now we leave our "house" in the valleys and travel to winter trailheads in a capable 4wd vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by yardsale2 View Post
    We resolved to trade our Chinook Class B+ RV after a single hair raising descent from Little Cottonwood Canyon in favor of an Escape 17 trailer with a RAV4 as a tug. Now we leave our "house" in the valleys and travel to winter trailheads in a capable 4wd vehicle.
    This option is interesting to me. We may have a bit of cash later this year, but not looking to buy a new vehicle. Have a 2013 4Runner right now with a 5,000lb tow capacity, so monocoque fiberglass trailers are intriguing. I specifically thought the Escapes were interesting because of insulation and general build quality for winter.

I assume you like it.

Sidenote: Lightest 17 foot Escape is 1,720 lbs per the company site, and Rav4 is listed at 1,500 lb capacity. How you managing that? No steep hills at all​?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I hadn't seen the Escape before -- looks like a Scamp or Casita.

yardsale2 - what made you decide on the Escape vs. other fiberglass clamshell trailers? Curious because have a friend with a Casita, and Mrs. C. and I have discussed whether to keep the big truck + popup camper setup we have, or sell it and replace with a trailer. There are pros + cons to every RV option...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I hadn't seen the Escape before -- looks like a Scamp or Casita.

yardsale2 - what made you decide on the Escape vs. other fiberglass clamshell trailers? Curious because have a friend with a Casita, and Mrs. C. and I have discussed whether to keep the big truck + popup camper setup we have, or sell it and replace with a trailer. There are pros + cons to every RV option...
    We also chose the Escape for the general quality and high level customer service and our satisfied with it except for the following issues. Dometic fridges are poorly designed and the propane function is finicky. Even with the extra insulation, double windows and heated tanks, the Escape is marginal as a winter tool unless you dry camp as the gray and black water dump valves are outside the heated space. In particular, the black water tank has a 3' fun of 3" pipe outside the heated space from the black tank to the dump valve. While insulated, it "freezes" during sub freezing weather even with lots of antifreeze as it becomes a snowcone consistency and will not move along that long run of pipe. Will discuss possible workarounds if anyone is serious. For a heavier but more winter worthy trailer look at Northwoods, Lance or Oliver. We are looking at Oliver but not sure it is worth twice the money of these other trailers.

We tow our 17b with a 20012 RAV 4 with a 6. It has a 3500lb tow capacity. Unfortunately no longer made.

Marin born -> Chico State -> CH -> France -> Truckee
    The Scamps are awesome. I had mine for about a year and sold it for $2500 more than I bought it for. Put an Olympian wave 3 catalytic heater in there and it did great on some winter missions. The main negatives for me with it was the size. I am 6' 2" tall so I couldn't stand up and when my girlfriend + me in the bed was too small. Other than that an awesome option IMHO. Towed great in winter conditions as well. Did I mention I towed it behind my 4 banger Tacoma?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EF1C8BE9-92B6-4458-B2A4-077CEA893B23.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	201594

Name:	D819747D-D556-4F2B-8495-3E6293881407.JPG 
Views:	188 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	201595

The new project

Name:	IMG_4974.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	201596
    "Can switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?"

"Do people really call 911 thinking they will get seen faster in the ER?"

That 19' Escape would be a great floor plan for us.

OTOH, that much $$$ buys a lot of hotel nights. So maybe we stick with the 3-season truck camper for awhile longer... It's already here and set up, and the bugs are worked out. As long as the 17-year old truck keeps running, why not.

Pros and cons, as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I would love to see this in the C-lot at the Jane.

Name:	Screenshot 2017-03-08 10.38.01.png 
Views:	218 
Size:	981.1 KB 
ID:	201957

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...SIGN-120615319

Quote Originally Posted by Dtimms View Post
    I would love to see this in the C-lot at the Jane.

Name:	Screenshot 2017-03-08 10.38.01.png 
Views:	218 
Size:	981.1 KB 
ID:	201957

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...SIGN-120615319
    Serious question. If you were in an at fault car accident in that thing would insurance even cover you?

Quote Originally Posted by DasFunk View Post
    After a two year search, we ponied up for that astro tiger that was posted earlier...the sweet hand painted tiger mural on the back sealed the deal. Already had a couple shake down nights at Mary Jane. Stop by for a beer if you see us in C lot this spring. Big thanks to this forum for helping us find it.
    NO way - that's rad. That set-up is my dream... Congrats!

clearing ole pics out of the phone today and found, posted this a lot today round here....
    this would be for the bivy sleeper with no problem for tight quarters.... 8"memory foam twin mattress, black out polartec 200 sewn curtains full circle...could stretch out full length, very concealable, easy to park, cheap to assemble this rig, get manual windows tho would be my only advice to better control temperature, tires are not bald, that's mud

blew up, gone now....some great trips

RIP

Name:	suby.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	202092
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....