Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    What new products did Zeal and Bern have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I suggest we do more airmchair QBing with no facts except as stated in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum93 View Post
    What new products did Zeal and Bern have?
    Goggles and helmets!
    TRs, photos, videos, and building skis (2 pairs so far...):
    http://wasatchprotocol.wordpress.com/

Still a sliding AFD though, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond View Post
    Pretty certain that's the MX128. But also have heard that the BMX's are shorter versions of MX's, not diff construction. So given no swirly flowers, feasible if you're a lightweight.
    Correction on this: BMX's are new designation for former MX's over 78 mm. Only true "women's" version is in fact the pink cutout MX118, which only comes in a 168, apparently companion to the "male" BMX128. Below that, unisex.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    so what is it about the "custom oven designed by Fischer" that would be different from putting the boots in to the current ovens at 175F for 10min. or the special "custom machine specially built by Fischer." Sounds like a plan for fischer to sell shops a thousands of dollars in equipment to make up for their shitty sales.
    Can't comment on current ovens or what new ones will cost, but process apparently is more than cooking boots; the chilled bladder is intended to push shell inward, rather than the usual approach of expanding with pressure from inside. So in theory, it'll be able to reduce space, such as around ankle.

Also can't speak to shop sales, but know that a lot of W.C. guys are wearing them.

Interested to hear more about the new Technica AT line, they look like the burl. Replaceable toe and heal blocks, rubber instep ($$$$ for snowmobiling!), Dynafit for those that swing that way...

Quote Originally Posted by NPG View Post
    More specs:

Comi
    Length | 182, 192 (swallowtail)
    Dims | 160-135-145

Is that right? Will the non-swallowtail Comi be getting 4cm's shorter next year?

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmurphy View Post
    Still a sliding AFD though, eh?
    No, it is FIXED
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    No, it is FIXED
    The one in the picture sure looks like a sliding AFD. Has the tongue and groove for it anyway. It would make sense for it to be fix on a burl version of this binder though.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

salomon bbr:

Correct me if im wrong but I think its for surf skiing(like waves), not snow skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by fouldsys View Post

Correct me if im wrong but I think its for surf skiing(like waves), not snow skiing.
    can't tell if this is sarcastic or not...

^I just realized what a stupid assumption that was. Please feel free to flame me.

Quote Originally Posted by fouldsys View Post
    ^I just realized what a stupid assumption that was. Please feel free to flame me.
    the skis look fucking retarded so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

2012 4frnt

Don't know if this has been up but here we go.

http://www.skiersrealm.com/general/2...rnt-skis-sia11
    I think

Quote Originally Posted by rludes025 View Post

Jester Pro have a boot bottom scraper on it?
    its pinned to stiffen. otherwise the exact same as a regular jester +2 din points.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    1. Patagonia outerwear is back in a big way. No more hippy coloorways, bland styles, etc--their new stuff is seriously legit.
    And the Ascensionist is still dead. The closest replacement is a pullover.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

mtn approach is also way sick. that will take bc snowboarding to a whole new place. really cool.

i want a pair to tour on actually... set it up with a crampon style binding for ski boots. hmm.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by rludes025 View Post
    The one in the picture sure looks like a sliding AFD. Has the tongue and groove for it anyway. It would make sense for it to be fix on a burl version of this binder though.
    Who knows, I can assume that maybe it still appears to slide because that isn't the "final version" of the binder. They made sure to plaster "NOT FOR SKI USE" all over the bottom of it.

my 1st gen pair of dukes (that i was sent to test) had that written on them too. just saying.

if they are significantly changing the mold, its time to get cracking, cause the bindings are becoming available super soon.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

^^^^ I agree.

Reverend:

re: MTN Approach. We've had approach skis for years. They never sold well at all. I'm really skeptical that these will be any different. I had Karhu ones and they were so-so at best. You still have the downside that you're climbing with the weight of your board on your back. Then 6lbs extra on your back on the way down. Sure, its way better than snow shoes, but will people really pay $800 for that stuff? You can get a split for almost that much.

Hardbooters with Dynafit toed AT boots might love it if you can replace the binding with a dynafit toe. But that's a really, really small niche.

Its cool engineering (if they don't break), but I'm skeptical that they'll sell many, especially at that price point.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Is that right? Will the non-swallowtail Comi be getting 4cm's shorter next year?
    Yes, the Comi is now in a 182 and 192. Both have swallowtail contrary to what I wrote above.

Yesterday, I got some runs on the Bibby 196, Jag Shark, PB&J, and Tahoe. For those that want a charging ski like a Garbone/RC112/Moship that will murder the pow like a Super 7/Night Train, the 196 Bibby is that ski. For those that go huge and hate the wheelie effect, you'll appreciate the stiff, flattish tail. The Jag Shark is the perfect BC ski for those wanting something fat, tip rocker, and flattish tail. It's just like a Belafonte but wider and just slightly softer in the tips and tails. Tons of fun through tight trees and soft snow but stiff enough underfoot to handle refrozen crud and hardpark. The Tahoe with tip rocker is years better than the old versions of the past. So much more life and pop now that it has carbon in it. Speaking of which, there is carbon in EVERY pair of Moments that have rocker in it.

Now onto the most fun ski, the PB&J. This is easily my favorite ski of the new line. So buttery smooth and playful yet stiff enough underfoot to handle all conditions outside the park. It's a very forgiving ski that will have you leap-frogging moguls because of how much fucking pop these have. Makes me wish I skied park more often that's for sure.
    Last edited by PappaG; 02-28-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Excellent to know. I was going to comment that I wished the shorter version had a swallowtail. I know what boards I'll be picking up next winter.

I think Moment should really look into expanding their lineup, as they don't really have a lot to choose from.

I was trying to decide between Bibbys and Night Trains and now you're throwing frickin Jaguar Sharks at me! Could be worse problems any comparisons between the Bibby and Jag Shark?