Thread: TALAS Experts

TALAS Experts

The new Fox 36_TALAS/180_FIT_RC2 has two travel settings.

http://www.foxracingshox.com/bike/11...AS/180_FIT_RC2

Long or full travel at 180 and the short travel step down at 140.

I'm putting this on my Reign X which has an original 36 on it with 150 travel now. I really like the way the bike handles and feels at 150 and wondering if there is a way to internally adjust the TALAS mechanism on the new fork so it only drops it to 150 instead of 140?

Anyone out there have any experience with this?
    Marshal?

I do not believe you can change the two set travel lengths. When changing travel, the TALAS system automatically adjusts to provide you with the appropriate linear air spring rate for each travel setting. There is no need to change the air pressure in the TALAS air chamber after adjusting travel. i believe this is the reason it is not infinite. Just140/180 or 130/170

That may be the case. I was hopeful that there was a way to adjust it after seeing that the Float has an internal adjustment down to 100 in 10mm increments.

According to Fox the talas cannot be adjusted in 10mm increments just the float model. Here is Tech link if it helps http://www.foxracingshox.com/fox_tec...011/index.html

Fox themselves can change it as for Ibis they offer the Talas 32 with 150/130 instead of 150/120. But it must be something in the cartridges themselves that aren't meant for us to play with.

That'll add a new level of personality to the Reign X.

It's an interesting fork with it's travel range. What's your guess at the HTº with the fork at 180mm? I'm guessing it'll be an extra slack burl machine. Fun.

That's the thought, you know, for those days when I'll be hiking up my big boy trow...

Got any sweet jumps you got an eye on? I'm happy to be the tow in so long as it's something I'm actually hitting.

I'm missing something. Or maybe you are. Why wouldn't you just buy the 160 mm TALAS 36? You could likely run it the way it is and it's a half pound lighter than the 180.

I have the new 160 TALAS on my One and I love it.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

No, not missing anything.
    I wanted the 180 for rowdier terrain, but be able to dial it back to 150, because I like how the bike handles at the height for less aggressive terrain/trails that flow.