A Skier's Journey - A few shorts to wet your whistle

A few vids put together by Jordan Manley and Chad Sayers chronicling trips of last season. Enjoy!

[ame="http://vimeo.com/13085385"]http://vimeo.com/13085385[/ame]

[ame="http://vimeo.com/15315278"]http://vimeo.com/15315278[/ame]

[ame="http://vimeo.com/15520629"]http://vimeo.com/15520629[/ame]

Wow. Makes most other ski movies look like trash.

yeah, my season was pretty much like that.......

NOT

Very impressive collection of shorts

Nice finish with hjorleifson skiing some ak stylee lines in titans and dynafits
    Aggressive in my own mind

oh man, watched the la grave one, will definitely be watching the others.

These are amazing, the story, cinematography, picture quality, colours, music, theme, skiing... Just wow. Output them from my laptop to the LCD in my hotel room last night and it looked like Blu-ray. Everyone needs to watch these.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    These are amazing, the story, cinematography, picture quality, colours, music, theme, skiing... Just wow. Output them from my laptop to the LCD in my hotel room last night and it looked like Blu-ray. Everyone needs to watch these.
    x2

love Hoji's little bit on the last one- drool worthy
    "What moves men of genius, or rather what inspires their work, is not new ideas, but their obsession with the idea that what has already been said is still not enough."

-Eugene Delacroix

you left kashmir too early!

Sick footage though, really liked the Canada one

Yep. About the most polished, beautiful ski segments I've laid eyes on in a long time. Nice work.
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

I'm not sure if words can truly express how beautiful these films are.

I'm simply stunned. (And really jealous).
    go Go GO!

18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

La Grave was incredible... Freshfield Icefield not so much, but a bit more interesting at the same time.

Both great shorts!

I'm pretty much gonna repeat what everyone has said....jesus, these shorts are amazing and how ski cinematography should be. Granted, these don't get me 'amped' to ride, but at the same time these communicate so much more of what it means to live the lifestyle. 100% soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Thoroughly enjoyed the first two so far, the colors captured in Kashmir, awesome video cameras or processing. Loved the music choice a ton too, apparently by Ar Ramen, apparently his only good song. Totally creative editing, makes me think in new ways, ur using that software correctly

Keep rockin em out this year!

where's the full length feature film by those same filmers? that style is amazingly inspiring and captivating.

I'm guessing it was done on 5Dmk2's, anybody know for sure?

holy god. that just expressed how i feel and why i love skiing and being in the mtns. it was truly a work of art, i could watch those all day long, bravo
    i shred the gnar

Those were all amazing and inspiring. I officially can't wait for winter...again.
    "Kids today, all they talk about is big air. I say, stay on the mountain, that's where the action is. If you want big air, pull my finger." ~Smooth Johnson~

Quote Originally Posted by enginerd View Post
    Those were all amazing and inspiring. I officially can't wait for winter...again.
    The fever has officially hit...

Quote Originally Posted by enginerd View Post
    wow. powder panic in full effect.

This could use a lunch-time bump, cause those vids are awesome.

awesome. that knife ridge bootpack on the 3rd vid looked fun....
    @EdgeLinkJohn