Page 1705 of 1746 FirstFirst ... 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 ... LastLast
Results 42,601 to 42,625 of 43633
  1. #42601
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    on the edge
    Posts
    6,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    .......
    Erica Campbell....

    1st ballot HOFer
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

    BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

  2. #42602
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    31,226
    This thread jumped like 40+K hits overnite??!!!


    Lockheed C-141 Starlifter?
    Attachment 329306

  3. #42603
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,808
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    This thread jumped like 40+K hits overnite??!!!
    Hmm. Was it the planes or the pussy?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  4. #42604
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,808
    Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    Going to try to catch them with my camera. Not too hopeful as it sounds like they are going to whip by at around 600 mph.
    Just slap on your 400mm F2.8 G Master and put the shutter 1/4000. Looking forward to the pics NEK.

    The VT Air National Guard out of Burlington does some interesting low level stuff thru the valleys of S. VT sometimes. Scares the bejeezus out of me.

    Last edited by Timberridge; 05-22-2020 at 11:45 AM. Reason: added video
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  5. #42605
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    F-35s doing a Vermont hospitals flyover today.
    I heard them take off low and fast and then return an hour later.

    Its amazing how they can circumnavigate the state so quickly.

    Name:  IMG_5533.JPG
Views: 1397
Size:  168.0 KB

  6. #42606
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    10,896
    When I was a kid living in Williston around 82-84 they had something really, really big, i was told it was a C5-A but I don't know for sure, doing touch and go at the BTV airport. It was out of the AFB across the lake. It was pretty amazing to look at in the twilight as it seemed to just hang there in the sky. I was told that whatever it was, it couldn't land due to runway length. No clue why they would practice touch and go at BTV if they couldn't land.
    Bill Weld for President, 2020

  7. #42607
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Its amazing how they can circumnavigate the state so quickly.
    They don't have to worry about the Winhall police.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  8. #42608
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    16,940
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  9. #42609
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Suckramento
    Posts
    19,647
    Wow. Those poor guys have purple balls...even worse than the blue ones
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.


  10. #42610
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I heard them take off low and fast and then return an hour later.

    Its amazing how they can circumnavigate the state so quickly.

    Name:  IMG_5533.JPG
Views: 1397
Size:  168.0 KB
    They tried this in Canada and it did not turn out so well...

    Snowbirds flew across the country, and towards the end of the tour one of them crashed and the pilot died.
    24° 06°

  11. #42611
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    31,226

  12. #42612
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    295
    We live not more than a few miles from Westover ARB in Western Mass which houses a bunch a C5s. Still amazed at how those big fuckers stay in the sky, they seem to move so slow. Over the last 20 years or so been doing some occasional work with my father in law at Westover and we have seen some amazing aircraft: AC130 Special Ops Gunship all blacked out, the U2 came in briefly, one of those big Russian cargo planes came in between FEMA runs and the comrade pilots hit the streets shopping. They loaded up with tires and jeans for the return flight to Mother Russia. That big cargo plane barely made it off one of the longest runways on the East coast.

    Mowing the lawn little while ago and a pair of F15s screamed overhead with wings swept back, heard them clearly over the mower. Not sure where they were going but Barnes ANG isn't far either and they have F15s for East Coast protection.

  13. #42613
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    20,063
    Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    They tried this in Canada and it did not turn out so well...

    Snowbirds flew across the country, and towards the end of the tour one of them crashed and the pilot died.
    The pilot survived. The woman who died was the public relations officer for the Snowbirds.

  14. #42614
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    on the edge
    Posts
    6,134
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Guy's got a rope on him
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

    BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

  15. #42615
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The pilot survived. The woman who died was the public relations officer for the Snowbirds.
    Damn, not a good day to tag along for a rip.

    Pretty interesting analysis of crash video from an ex pilot (cbc ads b4 tho).


    RIP
    24° 06°

  16. #42616
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    16,828
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    They look kind of suicidal. What meds were they on prior?
    watch out for snakes

  17. #42617
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    31,226
    My buddy's dad ejected out of Starfighter and fucked up his back pretty good from the compression of sitting on what I think was a 30 or 50mm cannon shell charge. And the Air Force tried to bill him for the plane.

    The chutes didn't have time to open on that Snowbirds ejection? Looked like enough altitude. Must have been the side ejection....




  18. #42618
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imaginationland
    Posts
    3,802
    Quote Originally Posted by snowday View Post
    We live not more than a few miles from Westover ARB in Western Mass which houses a bunch a C5s. Still amazed at how those big fuckers stay in the sky, they seem to move so slow. Over the last 20 years or so been doing some occasional work with my father in law at Westover and we have seen some amazing aircraft: AC130 Special Ops Gunship all blacked out, the U2 came in briefly, one of those big Russian cargo planes came in between FEMA runs and the comrade pilots hit the streets shopping. They loaded up with tires and jeans for the return flight to Mother Russia. That big cargo plane barely made it off one of the longest runways on the East coast.

    Mowing the lawn little while ago and a pair of F15s screamed overhead with wings swept back, heard them clearly over the mower. Not sure where they were going but Barnes ANG isn't far either and they have F15s for East Coast protection.
    F-15s have fixed wings

  19. #42619
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    20,063
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    The chutes didn't have time to open on that Snowbirds ejection? Looked like enough altitude. Must have been the side ejection....
    Looked pretty low to me. Couldn't have been more than a few hundred feet and the ejection didn't really help them gain any altitude at all.

  20. #42620
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,920
    I almost got to fly with the blue angels once. Was road managing some famous people. We were in FLA and the pilots came to the show, hung backstage and invited the guys to go for a ride the next day. One of the famous guys didn't want to go which opened my seat. He changed his mind the next morning as we were heading for the field, and puked all over the inside of his headgear in the flight.

    Since they thought I was coming they did have a personalized, signed, 11x14 promo pic with my name on it waiting for me. Still have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  21. #42621
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,920
    3.5 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    F-35s doing a Vermont hospitals flyover today.


    People are stupid video of the day


    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

  22. #42622
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dystopia
    Posts
    10,930
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I love KQ

    Not only does she hang in the twisted man thread that is a special collection of junk that is nsfw
    She blows our doors off.

    Fuck yeah. High five to the KQ
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.”
    Hunter S. Thompson

  23. #42623
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    3,552
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    the old man flew f-100 and 105 thuds for the ft wayne national guard
    id spend summers on irish lake on the tippiecanoe chain with the grandfolks
    theyed fly over when they could and buzz the lake and pull a barrel roll or fire up the afterbuners
    pretty much covered the my dad could whoop your dad silly kids debates
    Whaaaat!!! Mrs HTFB's parents have a house on Irish, straight across from the entrance to little barbee. She spent ever spring summer fall weekend there growing up. We go there occasionally when back in IN


    Small Fucking World.Buddy!
    Bunny Don't Surf

    Have you seen a one armed man around here?

  24. #42624
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    3,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    .......
    apppreciate the names for further research
    Bunny Don't Surf

    Have you seen a one armed man around here?

  25. #42625
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Suckramento
    Posts
    19,647
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    3.5 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
    What could go wrong?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •