Page 1703 of 2251 FirstFirst ... 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 ... LastLast
Results 42,551 to 42,575 of 56273
    When I was a kid living in Williston around 82-84 they had something really, really big, i was told it was a C5-A but I don't know for sure, doing touch and go at the BTV airport. It was out of the AFB across the lake. It was pretty amazing to look at in the twilight as it seemed to just hang there in the sky. I was told that whatever it was, it couldn't land due to runway length. No clue why they would practice touch and go at BTV if they couldn't land.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Its amazing how they can circumnavigate the state so quickly.
    They don't have to worry about the Winhall police.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Wow. Those poor guys have purple balls...even worse than the blue ones
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I heard them take off low and fast and then return an hour later.

Its amazing how they can circumnavigate the state so quickly.

Attachment 329328
    They tried this in Canada and it did not turn out so well...

Snowbirds flew across the country, and towards the end of the tour one of them crashed and the pilot died.
    27° 18°

We live not more than a few miles from Westover ARB in Western Mass which houses a bunch a C5s. Still amazed at how those big fuckers stay in the sky, they seem to move so slow. Over the last 20 years or so been doing some occasional work with my father in law at Westover and we have seen some amazing aircraft: AC130 Special Ops Gunship all blacked out, the U2 came in briefly, one of those big Russian cargo planes came in between FEMA runs and the comrade pilots hit the streets shopping. They loaded up with tires and jeans for the return flight to Mother Russia. That big cargo plane barely made it off one of the longest runways on the East coast.

Mowing the lawn little while ago and a pair of F15s screamed overhead with wings swept back, heard them clearly over the mower. Not sure where they were going but Barnes ANG isn't far either and they have F15s for East Coast protection.

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    They tried this in Canada and it did not turn out so well...

Snowbirds flew across the country, and towards the end of the tour one of them crashed and the pilot died.
    The pilot survived. The woman who died was the public relations officer for the Snowbirds.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Guy's got a rope on him
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The pilot survived. The woman who died was the public relations officer for the Snowbirds.
    Damn, not a good day to tag along for a rip.

Pretty interesting analysis of crash video from an ex pilot (cbc ads b4 tho).

RIP
    27° 18°

They look kind of suicidal. What meds were they on prior?
    watch out for snakes

My buddy's dad ejected out of Starfighter and fucked up his back pretty good from the compression of sitting on what I think was a 30 or 50mm cannon shell charge. And the Air Force tried to bill him for the plane.

The chutes didn't have time to open on that Snowbirds ejection? Looked like enough altitude. Must have been the side ejection....

Quote Originally Posted by snowday View Post
    We live not more than a few miles from Westover ARB in Western Mass which houses a bunch a C5s. Still amazed at how those big fuckers stay in the sky, they seem to move so slow. Over the last 20 years or so been doing some occasional work with my father in law at Westover and we have seen some amazing aircraft: AC130 Special Ops Gunship all blacked out, the U2 came in briefly, one of those big Russian cargo planes came in between FEMA runs and the comrade pilots hit the streets shopping. They loaded up with tires and jeans for the return flight to Mother Russia. That big cargo plane barely made it off one of the longest runways on the East coast.

Mowing the lawn little while ago and a pair of F15s screamed overhead with wings swept back, heard them clearly over the mower. Not sure where they were going but Barnes ANG isn't far either and they have F15s for East Coast protection.
    F-15s have fixed wings

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    The chutes didn't have time to open on that Snowbirds ejection? Looked like enough altitude. Must have been the side ejection....
    Looked pretty low to me. Couldn't have been more than a few hundred feet and the ejection didn't really help them gain any altitude at all.

I almost got to fly with the blue angels once. Was road managing some famous people. We were in FLA and the pilots came to the show, hung backstage and invited the guys to go for a ride the next day. One of the famous guys didn't want to go which opened my seat. He changed his mind the next morning as we were heading for the field, and puked all over the inside of his headgear in the flight.

Since they thought I was coming they did have a personalized, signed, 11x14 promo pic with my name on it waiting for me. Still have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

3.5 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    F-35s doing a Vermont hospitals flyover today.

People are stupid video of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

I love KQ

Not only does she hang in the twisted man thread that is a special collection of junk that is nsfw
    She blows our doors off.

Fuck yeah. High five to the KQ
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    the old man flew f-100 and 105 thuds for the ft wayne national guard
    id spend summers on irish lake on the tippiecanoe chain with the grandfolks
    theyed fly over when they could and buzz the lake and pull a barrel roll or fire up the afterbuners
    pretty much covered the my dad could whoop your dad silly kids debates
    Whaaaat!!! Mrs HTFB's parents have a house on Irish, straight across from the entrance to little barbee. She spent ever spring summer fall weekend there growing up. We go there occasionally when back in IN

Small Fucking World.Buddy!
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    apppreciate the names for further research
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    What could go wrong?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post

I don't understand the alarm clock. Should have said Time is irrelevant Edition.

I was disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Just slap on your 400mm F2.8 G Master and put the shutter 1/4000. Looking forward to the pics NEK.

The VT Air National Guard out of Burlington does some interesting low level stuff thru the valleys of S. VT sometimes. Scares the bejeezus out of me.

Slapped on the 200mm with the 2x extender. Set up on a hillside across the valley from the hospital in ST J (just of the I-91 exit). This provided a better side view rather then just looking straight up at them. I was hoping they would fly by a little lower but apparently they were supposed to maintain 1500' above the terrain. So I think they were somewhere between 1500 and 2000' up. Cruising along at a good clip. Not very loud as they weren't cranking and just at a constant speed. My son was a little disappointed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F35s (1 of 1).jpg 
Views:	463 
Size:	1,016.5 KB 
ID:	329375

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F35s Closeup (1 of 1).jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	322.8 KB 
ID:	329376
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

I almost got to fly with the blue angels once. Was road managing some famous people. We were in FLA and the pilots came to the show, hung backstage and invited the guys to go for a ride the next day. One of the famous guys didn't want to go which opened my seat. He changed his mind the next morning as we were heading for the field, and puked all over the inside of his headgear in the flight.

Since they thought I was coming they did have a personalized, signed, 11x14 promo pic with my name on it waiting for me. Still have it.
    Highway to the danger zone is playing as soundtrack to your post.

How did you do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........