Page 1680 of 2252 FirstFirst ... 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 ... LastLast
Results 41,976 to 42,000 of 56280
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    She seems nice

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Ya they're all super cute and I'd let every one of them sit on my face but I can't help but think they all have stinky feet.
    That's why they must keep those boots on at all times
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

First man cured by Trump's advice shows promise for Clorox stocks.

Name:  BLEACH.JPG
Views: 3230
Size:  49.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post

Nooooooooooo
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    you should've seen sophia loren in her prime, you young adult
    if shes that hot i bet my grandad humped her

Sent from my SM-G973F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    I couldn’t get it till someone else pointed it out to me? Does anyone want me to post a “solution”?
    i cant see any circles, so as far as im concerned its a case of the Emperors news clothes

Sent from my SM-G973F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    That sounds awesome. My personal favorite experience in that vein is skiing 2+ feet of blower pow during a full moon with a perfectly clear crisp sky. I was going to wait until the morning but the power went out so figured why not? One of those times where I was almost too lazy and then so glad I went for it.
    Yup. Yurt skiing in the Bear River range on a full moon, all of us each running a blotter of windowpane, perfectly clear night, 20' blower, kicking up pow spray moon-rainbows. Unreal.

#thefeelsarestrongwiththisone
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 7.22.24 AM.jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	223.1 KB 
ID:	326395
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Yup. Yurt skiing in the Bear River range on a full moon, all of us each running a blotter of windowpane, perfectly clear night, 20' blower, kicking up pow spray moon-rainbows. Unreal.
    Haha. Wow, talk about bringing back memories going back to the late 80's and the days of longboards. One very cold, super low humidity & clear night, we were hiking Peak 10 at Brek while shrooming our brains out. We had the opposite of blower on this occasion - freshly groomed surface. After 10 or so turns I had to stop and ask my buddy if he was seeing the flashes too. Turns out that it was so dry that static electricity was building up and discharging under our skis at every carved turn. It was wild, and you can imagine the shrooms made it spectacular.

This was back in the day when carving a 210cm GS ski wasn't as 'accessible' as it is with today's skis, and so only two of us in the group were getting the flashes. The other guys thought we were full of shit until they saw it too, and then skied the rest of the night trying to make their skis flash.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Amazing

Clicky the linky

That’s awesome
    I still call it The Jake.

Is there an explanation for the glowing dolphin vid?

I thought maybe it’s a black light under the boat or something...

Why is the moving stuff the only stuff that lights up? Prop churn, wake, dolphins...
    Why wouldn’t you see a glow in the water generally?

Bioluminescence.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Bioluminescence
    What about it...?

Cuz that’s not a dolphin thing, nor a wake thing

Why aren’t they moving thru zones of glow? Why is it only reactive to movement?

The motion disturbs the organism / algae having the reaction, making it visible. You can also see it with crashing waves:

https://abc7.com/dolphins-glowing-bi...cence/6126166/

Scroll down to the bottom video.

Sounds like they are dinoflagellates, one of the same organisms that cause red tide. From wiki:

At night, water can have an appearance of sparkling light due to the bioluminescence of dinoflagellates.[73][74] More than 18 genera of dinoflagellates are bioluminescent,[75] and the majority of them emit a blue-green light.[76] These species contain scintillons, individual cytoplasmic bodies (about 0.5 µm in diameter) distributed mainly in the cortical region of the cell, outpockets of the main cell vacuole. They contain dinoflagellate luciferase, the main enzyme involved in dinoflagellate bioluminescence, and luciferin, a chlorophyll-derived tetrapyrrole ring that acts as the substrate to the light-producing reaction. The luminescence occurs as a brief (0.1 sec) blue flash (max 476 nm) when stimulated, usually by mechanical disturbance. Therefore, when mechanically stimulated—by boat, swimming, or waves, for example—a blue sparkling light can be seen emanating from the sea surface.[77]

Dinoflagellate bioluminescence is controlled by a circadian clock and only occurs at night.[78] Luminescent and nonluminescent strains can occur in the same species. The number of scintillons is higher during night than during day, and breaks down during the end of the night, at the time of maximal bioluminescence.[79]

The luciferin-luciferase reaction responsible for the bioluminescence is pH sensitive.[77] When the pH drops, luciferase changes its shape, allowing luciferin, more specifically tetrapyrrole, to bind.[77] Dinoflagellates can use bioluminescence as a defense mechanism. They can startle their predators by their flashing light or they can ward off potential predators by an indirect effect such as the "burglar alarm". The bioluminescence attracts attention to the dinoflagellate and its attacker, making the predator more vulnerable to predation from higher trophic levels.[77]

Bioluminescent dinoflagellate ecosystem bays are among the rarest and most fragile,[80] with the most famous ones being the Bioluminescent Bay in La Parguera, Lajas, Puerto Rico; Mosquito Bay in Vieques, Puerto Rico; and Las Cabezas de San Juan Reserva Natural Fajardo, Puerto Rico. Also, a bioluminescent lagoon is near Montego Bay, Jamaica, and bioluminescent harbors surround Castine, Maine.[81] Within the United States, Central Florida is home to the Indian River Lagoon which is abundant with dinoflagellates in the summer and bioluminescent ctenophore in the winter.[82] There are a total of 5 bioluminescence bays in the world and 3 of them are in Puerto Rico .

Thx

Another brain teaser

Name:  FB_IMG_1587796821291.jpeg
Views: 2341
Size:  66.5 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Waldoboro Clam Queen
    Growing up I spent as much time in Maine as I did in NY, About 5 years ago the neighboring town decided it needed a parade, they built a giant clam hod and had a bunch of events planned. One thing they wanted to have was a Clam Queen. They eventually had a Miss Waldoboro and a Blueberry Queen.

Name:  t600-DSC_0312.jpg
Size:  35.1 KB

https://knox.villagesoup.com/p/a-hod...doboro/1111009

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    The motion disturbs the organism / algae having the reaction, making it visible. You can also see it with crashing waves:

https://abc7.com/dolphins-glowing-bi...cence/6126166/

Scroll down to the bottom video.
    Seen this twice in my life so far, once in Santa Cruz in the crashing waves which was spectacular and in Vieques in mosquito bay. Paddled out into the bay at night on kayaks and went for a swim. Totally trippy, every motion triggered the little critters to glow, and the more motion, the more glow. Arms, legs, hands, wakes off the kayaks, fish in the water, everything.

Seeing dolphins on the bow shock in person would be amazing.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Seen this twice in my life so far, once in Santa Cruz in the crashing waves which was spectacular and in Vieques in mosquito bay. Paddled out into the bay at night on kayaks and went for a swim. Totally trippy, every motion triggered the little critters to glow, and the more motion, the more glow. Arms, legs, hands, wakes off the kayaks, fish in the water, everything.

Seeing dolphins on the bow shock in person would be amazing.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    In Tomales Bay they have kayak tours and the bioluminescence is like watching pixie dust trail after every paddle stroke, rudder, or fish in the water.

It's pretty common in some of the bays around here in the summertime on still nights. I had never seen it living on the east coast, but take it for granted that I see it regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by refried View Post
    Waldoboro Clam Queen
    Growing up I spent as much time in Maine as I did in NY, About 5 years ago the neighboring town decided it needed a parade, they built a giant clam hod and had a bunch of events planned. One thing they wanted to have was a Clam Queen. They eventually had a Miss Waldoboro and a Blueberry Queen.

Name:  t600-DSC_0312.jpg
Size:  35.1 KB

https://knox.villagesoup.com/p/a-hod...doboro/1111009
    We call Waldoboro the ugly town, mostly for the route 1 strip through town

We get it on the East coast, but never seen the blue color. More of a green