Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    Arrive Nov 29th and leave April 2.

Thank you so much. Seems I have other options, so don't feel undue pressure on this. If you sense reluctance from the wife, let's drop it right away.

If i sense ANY reluctance im sure to drop it..remember i have to live with her...

Anyway....if i can help i gladly will...if not..at least i tried right?

Let you know tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Finstah View Post
    Yeah, nice sentiment, but I wouldn't hold your breath SheRa. I can see that conversation now:

"Sweetheart, do you mind if this girl who I met on the internet parks her car in our driveway for 5 months? It'll be cool and easy to shovel around, and when she uses it to go to the Discrete party downtown and returns to park it at 2am I promise I'll be the one to get up and shuffle cars around so she doesn't park either of us in."

I can't see why she'd have a problem with that...

Seriously though, you wanna park your car in Alta, even if your 4wd doesn't work. If the road is restrictetd to 4x4 or chains your not gonna want to be driving anywhere anyways. People park all kinds of shit boxes up there for the winter, you just can't let it get completely buried. Having your car stuck in the valley would suck, and it turns running to the store or going to see a movie, etc. into a total production because you then have to rally other people to go with you because you can't get down the canyon. I'm telling ya, sometimes you're just gonna wanna bounce.

p.s. last bus down the canyon every night is at 6pm.
    Yeah if this is the case its surely not going to work. If the questions i asked SheRa in a pm get answered in the way i expect them to it wont be an issue, but if its like "im going to use it all hours", etc...then yeah its not going to work out.

Hope we can work this out. I enjoy helping out mags and i think it does good things for my karma, so....

JUST GET YOU A CAB OVER CAMPER AND LIVE IN THAT BAD BOY THAT'D BE CUSTOM

OH SORRY, I MISSED THE PART WHERE YOU SAID UTAH AND 99 TACOMA, NOT EYE-DA-HOE AND 68 FORD

Calm down there, cowboy. You're gonna give yourself an aneurysm.
    classic, mir.
    scroll to "Buy DVD", very bottom of page http://bhandf.com/bhandf%202008/longform.htm I do not work for Bill, just dig his work.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. (It) is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. . .There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so. . .people won't feel insecure around you. . . -Williamson

I hadn't even considered how often I would use my truck. I might want it on a Sunday here or there to ski at Solitude. But I don't want to paint myself into a corner.

Of course it will be insured.

I don't know what a Discrete party is, maybe I'll get invited though. Not seeing how taking a bus to go and get my truck and go drinking and driving or whatever you guys are envisioning works though. Is that how you guys party in SLC? I'm personally not a big fan of night driving, with or without alcohol.

Skidog, this is feeling like a little too much karma for me. I just wanted to trade some beer for a place to park my truck. I'm going to look into my other options. Thanks for trying.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

I hadn't even considered how often I would use my truck. I might want it on a Sunday here or there to ski at Solitude. But I don't want to paint myself into a corner.

Of course it will be insured.

I don't know what a Discrete party is, maybe I'll get invited though. Not seeing how taking a bus to go and get my truck and go drinking and driving or whatever you guys are envisioning works though. Is that how you guys party in SLC? I'm personally not a big fan of night driving, with or without alcohol.

Skidog, this is feeling like a little too much karma for me. I just wanted to trade some beer for a place to park my truck. I'm going to look into my other options. Thanks for trying.

Its up to you.....i can probably work something out (get it past the wife without issue) as long as its not like constant traffic in and out at all hours, or like random people picking it up and using it.
    Obviously its your truck so you need to use it when you need to use it. Getting to my place on a bus line wont be easy, so that could be a factor. I wouldnt need anything in terms of payment, just looking to help a fellow mag/magette out. Just let me know...i got the space.

Quote Originally Posted by Blurredzilla!!! View Post
    Don't worry. He's a hudge pussy in person.
    but, so far, not quite enough a pussy to get thrown off of the high traverse

You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
    and more first chairs from the GMD than the sandy motel 6

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    and more first chairs from the GMD than the sandy motel 6
    so true.............
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

so true.............
    Bumping this..offer still stands. Im sure we can work something out.

Just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    but, so far, not quite enough a pussy to get thrown off of the high traverse
    It's ghetto up there. Lord help you if end up in Eagles nest. Makes SW west philly look like a playground.

^^^^

True.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Finstah Guest
    Parking your truck in north side parking up in Alta aint so bad after all, eh?

Even in really big winters.

Quote Originally Posted by Finstah View Post
    Parking your truck in north side parking up in Alta aint so bad after all, eh?

Even in really big winters.
    Hehe, I got 2 tickets, one of them cost me money. I ended up paying tswain to dig me out, although I did it myself a lot of times. What a workout - the whole time I'm thinking about avy rescue. Dig, dig, dig, keep digging. But yeah, having a vehicle up there is good.

edit - I was just thinking. Later in the season I would dig MsC's vehicle out every storm even if I left mine buried because I would ride into town with her. If you stay on top of it, it's a lot easier.
    Last edited by SheRa; 09-10-2011 at 09:41 AM.
    Henry David Thoreau

Finstah Guest
    Yup, if you can keep your license plate clear it helps.

p.s. classic pic. No matter how clear you keep your plate, your car ends up looking like that multiple times a season anyways...