Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OK, Screw Telluride and the Others... What are the best values?

I'm tired of reading all the depressing posts about how expensive Telluride, Vail, Mammoth etc. have become. How about a more positive post about the best values out there?

I'll get the ball rolling.... not sure what prices are this year, but I was at Snowbasin and Powder Mountain two years ago and tickets were $52 and $50. Renting a big house in the area was pretty cheap as well. Throw in the convenience of flying in and out of SLC and it's a hard deal to beat.

Any other gems out there?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Homewood's free on your birthday.

Last season, Homewood was $25 on Thursday & Sunday, with a pass from any other mountain:

http://www.skihomewood.com/ski-tickets/deals

Hope they do it again this year...

Anyone know of other deep discount day tickets if you have a pass from somewhere else?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Baldy, season pass is $99
    Here is a teaser, more to follow
    Last edited by whyturn; 10-06-2010 at 12:46 PM.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

10 days at alta for $500 is pretty sweet when coupled with cheep swa flights.
    Top of the Food Chain for White Trash America

Colorado or Epic Pass? Last time I got deals like that was as a college student...and that only included 3 resorts in New England.

Mt Baker has some decent prices for a pretty damn good hill. Less than $50, and they get a whole heck of a lot of snow.

Mt Rose, two for Tuesdays, and if the chutes are open, some fun terrain.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

season pass at a truly fun place to ski. $389 Magic Mtn. Londonderry VT.
    http://www.magicmtn.com/seasonpass.php
    crab in my shoe mouth

another vote for baker. I haven't been to hemlock (outside vancouver) if a while, but its cheap too, and pretty decent / empty iirc
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Cell phones are great in the backcountry. If you're injured, you can use them to play Tetris, which helps pass the time while waiting for cold embrace of Death to envelop you.

Quote Originally Posted by ey_allen View Post
    Mt Baker has some decent prices for a pretty damn good hill. Less than $50, and they get a whole heck of a lot of snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    another vote for baker. I haven't been to hemlock (outside vancouver) if a while, but its cheap too, and pretty decent / empty iirc
    Pssshhh.....what are you guys talking about? Baker totally sucks and everyone knows it. It only rains in the PNW and its cloudy all the time any way. Don't kid yourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Can't forget the $99 dollars season pass @ the Fae

Quote Originally Posted by admx View Post
    Can't forget the $99 dollars season pass @ the Fae
    Alright, lets be fair here. Honestly, no one in the midwest should be charging more than $200 for a season pass or $30 for a lift ticket. Yeah, yeah, I know they need to make snow.....blah, blah, blah...but when you've got places in MI that are charging $60+ for a day of riding things have gotten out of hand.

That being said, Cabby is a sick little place in lower Michigan that still remembers its about the skiing and hanging out with good people. They rock! Not to mention that with that pass you get access to Shanty Creek for $10 during the midweek. That's a deal right there!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Saddleback (in Maine) is a great mid-sized East Coast mountain with $35 dollar lift tickets every weekday (and $50 weekend tickets). The terrain has a good number of glades and twisty, reasonably steep runs, and at least when I was there at the beginning/middle of last march, all the advanced/expert terrain save one trail was ambivalently or ungroomed allowing it to naturally bump up.

Wisp in MD usually has local day Wednesdays. All day lift ticket for $17. It's been a couple of years, so I don't know if they still do this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Saddleback (in Maine) is a great mid-sized East Coast mountain with $35 dollar lift tickets every weekday (and $50 weekend tickets). The terrain has a good number of glades and twisty, reasonably steep runs, and at least when I was there at the beginning/middle of last march, all the advanced/expert terrain save one trail was ambivalently or ungroomed allowing it to naturally bump up.
    I was going to add them to the list... Plus, doesn't the new glade open this year (or was it last)?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    I was going to add them to the list... Plus, doesn't the new glade open this year (or was it last)?
    If you mean the big Casablanca glade, it opened last year and was a lot of fun. Tight through some entries, then pretty open in the middle through most of the lines, then tighter again at the bottom. I could have spent more time there, but it was my first time on the hill and I wanted to sample a bit of everything.

Wolf Creek is $52 a day.

Copper/Winter Park $210. However, you need to open a college student banking account at Wells Fargo and its buy 1 full-price season pass, get the other free. So, find some freshman looking for someone to do this 2-for-1 deal.

Monarch-$56

Quote Originally Posted by catfishjon View Post
    Wolf Creek is $52 a day.
    Definitely the highest powder:dollar ratio I've experienced. That place is a freakin' bargain. $52 is window price! Even cheaper in town, and serious discounts for students and military.

Another favorite place of mine is Loveland. My last year in the military, they gave me a FREE season pass. I've returned a couple times since, and it's still a bargain at $52/day at the Safeway. Season pass is $359.

^^^Your still here?!

I would say Bridger or MLB are great deals, especially MLB. MLB's not in Big Sky somehow, so there's no sales tax. Free bus from town, too (stops at Big Sky resort first. watch everyone else get off, then enjoy the same snow on the correct facing side of the mountain without anyone to share it with.) Both BS and MLB have tickets available at Costco (or they did) and IIRC, BB lift tickets are reasonable. Both are accessible from cheap lodging in Bozeman.

Let me tell you who's NOT a bargain. Snowbowl. Not exactly a $1,500 season pass, but when their pass price is about the same is MLB's, it kinda makes you feel like your being ripped off. Well, it's almost my birthday, so it's my parents who are being ripped off. Thanks Mom and Dad! xoxo
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

As a young, broke student I frequented ABasin. Still seems like a pretty good deal to me.

All this for 359.

•Unlimited, unrestricted access to A-Basin for the entire 2010/11 season.
    •5 days can be used at Breckenridge or Keystone, one of which can be used at Vail or Beaver Creek. Black-out dates for the Vail and Beaver Creek day are 11/26-11/27/10, 12/27/10-12/31/10, and 2/19-2/20/11. Bonus Days valid during the 2010/11 season only.
    •One $25 Half-day Class Lesson with the A-Basin Snowsports School (for pass holder only).
    •10% off Food and Beverage (excluding the 6th Alley Bar).
    •10% off retail at Arapahoe Sports and Black Mountain Sports.
    •5 unrestricted days at Bear Valley, CA. for the 2010/11 season.
    •1 unguided day of skiing at Silverton Mountain for the 2010/11 season.
    •Present your pass at the A-Basin ticket window and receive discounted tickets for friends and family.
    •$10 off performance tune (valid all season).
    •NEW - A-Basin Charge is valid on this pass - learn more.

Last year, day tickets for ABasin were 54 dollars. Don't know what they will be this season.

This year I bought a 10 day pass a Crested Butte. It worked out to about 44 dollars per day.

Last time i checked all argentinean resorts were under 50. I remember skiing las lenas for 25 bucks 3 seasons ago.

Jay offeres vermonters 49 dollar lift passes. Or you could always suck it up stop bitching and buy a pass early and ski all winter. I surprised how many people are upset about lift tickets, since when was skiing a cheap sport? Sometimes i think if i had devloped a serious cocaine habit i would have more money than i do with a serious skiing habit. work for a mountain to get the pass for free and get your cert and ski discounted at pretty much every mountain in the world

Just picked up a pass at Stevens for $400. I think they just jacked it up a hundred bucks though.

Owl's Head in Quebec is $15 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Jay Peak used to be the best deal when they accepted Canadian money at par and the Canadian dollar was only worth $0.60 U.S.

$650 for an early bird season pass at RMR is a sweet deal.