Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Yep, there was way too much whining, but now it's gone to the other end of the spectrum where a guy can't even give a good old fashioned "Death Stare".
    Lakers bench is looking very good and giving the old guys plenty of rest. This is a better team than last year no question.

Quote Originally Posted by bluejet59 View Post
    Yep, there was way too much whining, but now it's gone to the other end of the spectrum where a guy can't even give a good old fashioned "Death Stare".
    I never thought i'd say this, especially when it seemed so fucked up in the pre season with all the ejections, but it is really nice to watch a basketball game where after a foul both guys just turn around and walk back up the floor.

I think they are finding a middle ground, and it seems to be working. in the celtics overtime win over the bucks last night Maggette got some room to question after several calls went against him. same with Pierce. no techs, and it was overtime. I bet had it been early in the games they would have gotten t's, and i am okay with that, and was pleased the refs used discretion during the most emotional and critical moments.

i say its a good thing, so far......

and rajon rondo has the most assists over the first four games of anyone, ever. not magic, not stockton, not cousey, not robinson, not paul. its my main man rondo. i've been saying it for years now, he just keeps getting better. all the rondo haters out there, and i know you are out there, suck it.

Quote Originally Posted by basom View Post
    and rajon rondo has the most assists over the first four games of anyone, ever. not magic, not stockton, not cousey, not robinson, not paul.
    Maybe it's because those other point guards could shoot, and Rondo can't.

http://celticshub.com/2010/10/22/pre...dos-jump-shot/

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Maybe it's because those other point guards could shoot, and Rondo can't.

http://celticshub.com/2010/10/22/pre...dos-jump-shot/

if the other team isn't guarding against his jump shot doesn't that make it more difficult to make assists?

My Mavs are on the backside of their run now and I'm okay with that. Barring Roddy B getting healthy and breaking out in a major way I'm looking forward to a 7 seed and 1st round exit. I actually wouldn't mind a .500 season that misses the playoffs just to shake Cuban and Donnie Nelson out of their stupor.

After watching the OKC/POR game last night: you guys are the new Mavs. Folks in Oklahoma and Oregon can look forward to 50 and even 60 win seasons, high playoff seeds, deep playoff runs, but never a championship. Lakeshow will come out of the West the next couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgof View Post
    My Mavs are on the backside of their run now and I'm okay with that. Barring Roddy B getting healthy and breaking out in a major way I'm looking forward to a 7 seed and 1st round exit. I actually wouldn't mind a .500 season that misses the playoffs just to shake Cuban and Donnie Nelson out of their stupor.

After watching the OKC/POR game last night: you guys are the new Mavs. Folks in Oklahoma and Oregon can look forward to 50 and even 60 win seasons, high playoff seeds, deep playoff runs, but never a championship. Lakeshow will come out of the West the next couple years.
    Meh. Despite winning, Oklahoma didn't look great last night. It just hasn't come together yet, and I blame Scott Brooks. Since last season, there just doesn't seem to be any offensive set play other than passing it to KD and letting him chuck it or letting Westbrook drive to the basket, especially in last posession scenarios. Anyhow, I think Oklahoma can contend for a championship if (a) they improve their offensive set play (perhaps replacing Brooks) and (b) Ibaka matures into the beast he could be or they pick up a decent center-type like Marc Gasol to replace Kristic (deadweight). It'd also help a lot of Harden got his college mojo back.

One thing is for sure though- Westbrook is the best rebounding PG in the league right now, particularly on the offensive side. [/Bruin pride]

Ray Allen was just crowned King of New England [by me]. Get that cat a red plaid flannel and some duck boots. Ray A for life!

Pau Gasol...

Just stone cold killing it. Tripple dub tonight. 20/14/10.

Also, the following makes me happy too...

"Lamar Odom, right now, he's an All-Star," Portland coach Nate McMillan echoed.

Sorry, Rev.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Pau Gasol... Just stone cold killing it.
    That'll be cold comfort for you when Pau poops all over your fantasy dreams this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Pau Gasol...
    Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the Pau show!

These guys just picked right up where they left off ... I hope the old guys have enough gas to ride it out of their first big slump and just carry through the season. Everyone's on fire right now.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    That'll be cold comfort for you when Pau poops all over your fantasy dreams this week.
    Why must we fight? Especially when Lamar and Pau are such a dynamic duo.

That said, J. Rich is gonna poop all over you.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

I cannot believe I just watched the Pacers score 54 points in a quarter and shoot 20-21 for the floor. Josh McRoberts is a dope for ruining the perfect quarter. Holy shit.

Hopefully the Nugs starters can get some rest for the fakeshow.

Milsap with 46 over the Heat, I know Woodsy is smiling somewhere.

JAZZ!!!!! No way I would have thought they could pull that off with D Will sitting on the bench the entire OT. WOW!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

20 and 17 for LaMarcus tonight. Dude is waaaay improved over last year so far--still has that deadly 15 footer but has really become much more physical (and added 20lbs of muscle). I like it.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Milsap with 46 over the Heat, I know Woodsy is smiling somewhere.
    I fucking love it. I hate the Jazz but I hate the Heat even more. Nice win!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

^ saw the highlights at the gym ... unbelievable performance ... Dwayne Wade turned in one hell of a beautiful night as well.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I'm watching the game right now on a replay since I totally missed it the first time around. I didn't realize I was watching a re-airing of the game till I got an update of this thread via e-mail. Right now the Jazz are down 8 with 30 seconds to go in regulation. How the hell do they pull this out?!

EDIT: Those last 30 seconds were just unreal. How the hell did that happen?! It's not like the Heat weren't scoring.
    Last edited by str8line; 11-10-2010 at 12:55 AM.

Yeah baby! Millsap was incredible, especially his scintillating 3rd quarter. Kirilenko saved the Jazz with his 3's and the Jazz defense was solid. But it's a good thing the Heat went cold. Wade was amazing, especially in OT. But Jerry's kids showed their potential. Just wait till Jefferson gets comfortable and Okur comes back...as I said before...click and STOMP!

if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Anyone doubting that the Jazz can take it to the Western Conference finals now? They can get quite a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by str8line View Post
    Anyone doubting that the Jazz can take it to the Western Conference finals now? They can get quite a bit better.
    Yes.

They play better when Okur is injured and Jefferson will be exposed as a 6'8" power forward who doesn't play defense.

Jazz just beat the Magic on game 2 of a back-to-back on the road, 104-94.

Dear Florida/Eastern Conference "powers"
    suck it
    we grind, we win

we don't give a fuck who you are.

take that all star shit to the beach