Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 2336
    Howdy from Portland. Longtime reader of threads. Joined a few years back but never figured out how to post and just lived my life on the sidelines. From some recent renewed interest looks like I’ll have to post 10 times to simple threads before I can join the club. Correct here?

Howdy, howdy. How'd U come up with that screen name? Your choice? Trying to be forgettable?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

New Poster - moving to Salt Lake next week

I'm relocating my family from the San Diego area to Salt Lake City next week. I'm a lifelong skier and surfer, but will be moving far from my beloved waves. The mountains are a worthy tradeoff for winter but I'm left without a warm weather leisure activity. I really haven't been into bikes since I was a kid, but I think I'm going to give mountain biking a go and see how I like it.

My real estate agent in SLC is a member here and told me that I'd find like minded freaks, so here I am. If there is anyone in the area interested in mountain biking with a beginner (not likely, I know) or skiing this winter I'd enjoy meeting you as I try to get settled into an awesome new area with all kinds of good outdoor activities.

-Mike

I'm a Brit skiier and am mostly in the Alps. Been to the US once and aiming for Japan next year.

Quote Originally Posted by curvenut View Post
    I am new too and trying to figure out the requirements but cannot find info nowhere ..

Is it 10 posts for the requirements ?
    Likewise, my posts elsewhere are being moderated apparently...

asdfg

hi

old account got locked out, so starting up my new one

What up

What up from Three Rivers OR!

Well, hi there sailor
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

They call me Billy - born and raised in the NW.
    Anyone who calls it 'the PNW' is a transplant, or defective.
    Or both.

Well this should be fun
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

I met Buzzworthy back in 2003 or 2004. I thought he was a drunk, white trash piece of shit back then, and it's nice to see that hasn't changed in the intervening years.

Yardley was a better fit for you, "bud."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Adirondack View Post
    I met Buzzworthy back in 2003 or 2004. I thought he was a drunk, white trash piece of shit back then, and it's nice to see that hasn't changed in the intervening years.

Glade? Is that you?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Adirondack View Post

Hi Ben. Hope your life continues to be is shitty as it’s always been. Thanks for playing.

I’ve always wanted a banned head case, returned to TGR stalker. Let’s fucking go!
    Last edited by Buzzworthy; 09-10-2022 at 02:25 PM.

SD to Tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyUtah801 View Post
    I'm relocating my family from the San Diego area to Salt Lake City next week. I'm a lifelong skier and surfer, but will be moving far from my beloved waves. The mountains are a worthy tradeoff for winter but I'm left without a warm weather leisure activity. I really haven't been into bikes since I was a kid, but I think I'm going to give mountain biking a go and see how I like it.

My real estate agent in SLC is a member here and told me that I'd find like minded freaks, so here I am. If there is anyone in the area interested in mountain biking with a beginner (not likely, I know) or skiing this winter I'd enjoy meeting you as I try to get settled into an awesome new area with all kinds of good outdoor activities.

-Mike
    Made a similar move 2.5 years ago. Get a mountain bike and the MTB plus ski (BC) will eclipse SD surf. I can't really believe I just said that, but I get MORE, not less from the mountain lifestyle than the ocean. Ride and ski, and you're golden.

Dark arts

Quote Originally Posted by Keeeeth View Post
    Hello, I’m a lurker from the PNW. Hoping to eventually post and reply in gear swap, but like my therapist always said about puberty, it’ll happen when it happens.
    Honestly, I have no idea what the mentality is about how to get into such hallowed ground as the gear swap... and I'm with you.

Gotta give before you take to have change for a nickle

Long road from East to West

Lifelong skier, grew up skiing and racing in NJ with annual trips to VT. Moved West and raised a family in the Bay Area and now have a house in Truckee and ski Lake Tahoe. Managed to hook two boys on the outdoor life, the oldest one is now a patroller and ski guide at CB.

New Mag Alert

New member here. Grew up skiing Tahoe, now living in SoCal. Try to get 30-40 days a year, but having a stable job is a real drag on that. Mostly do Mammoth or out of state trips. Also into surfing, and hopefully MTB soon...

New mags!

Whattup! I've been occasionally lurking on TGR, and definitely obsessed about gear forums and gear trade.
    Skiing in the PNW, and always looking for friends to ski with! If anyone is a Baker local and would mind showing me around, I'd love it! I've adventured on my own, and tried to find some fun, and haven't had to hike out yet!

Hey All,
    relatively new. Spent years ski bumming in MT, OR, CO and UT, everything from loading lifts to washing dishes. I switched to snowboarding a few years ago and loved that too. I sadly don't ski and snowboard much anymore. I am not wealthy so I can't raise a family in a place where there is good skiing. Thank the universe for mountain biking though, that is great bang for your buck and there is a lot of that in my life. Cheers

Ohioan here! Grew up skiing at mad river in Ohio. It aint much but its an honest little hill. I have been fortunate enough to make it out west for the past couple years to hit vail and park city. Look forward to hanging around!

Just looking to use the Gear/Trade forums.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ad47 View Post
    Just looking to use the Gear/Trade forums.
    How much for the little girl?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by safetymeeting View Post
    Hey All,
    relatively new. Spent years ski bumming in MT, OR, CO and UT, everything from loading lifts to washing dishes. I switched to snowboarding a few years ago and loved that too. I sadly don't ski and snowboard much anymore. I am not wealthy so I can't raise a family in a place where there is good skiing. Thank the universe for mountain biking though, that is great bang for your buck and there is a lot of that in my life. Cheers
    Welcome, you'll likely find sprocket rockets great here!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB