Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Hi,

I've been reading stuff here for quite some time, and this community is unbeatable, so I'm finally registering. Right now I'm going to college in NY, but I come from Utah and I'll be doing my real skiing there over breaks when I can. I ski mostly at the bird, but I also went regularly to park city last season.

looking forward to jonghood now

I think it's kinda funny that this thread, which was originally posted to bring together some semblance of old fogey "wisdom" for new arrivals, has instead turned into some kind of wedding reception line where all the newbs to the forum line up to introduce themselves to the groom and bride.

But hey, whatever.
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

I only ask, "Designed the No Ka Oi", I guess Aldo had nothing to do with it. Hmmm. I might be new but I would call bullshit on that. Maybe the graphic but not the ski.
    Last edited by coop64; 10-28-2006 at 04:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by coop64 View Post
    I only ask< "Designed the No Ka Oi", I guess Aldo had nothing to do with it. Hmmm. I might be new but I would call bullshit on that. Maybe the graphic but not the ski.
    What the heck are you talking about? Did you accidently post in the wrong thread?

MD9 designed the topsheet graphics for the No Ka Oi's. He is a professional graphic designer. The NKOs were tested in prototype phase by many people here (including me) as a result of Splat's (Pat Keane; Powder writer/photog) meeting Aldo when in Europe a many seasons back. Pat came here, spread the word, and helped AK begin to set up distribution in the US.
    This is pretty well known stuff.
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

I understand who Pat is. I also know who Dread and Corine are. I also know where the No Ka oi's were shipped to from Swiss. The King Salomon Graphic was designed by G Cooper via RPM. I read the type and just was asking not graphic questions but the designer and production. Aldo.

Not to get into a pissing of "who" match here. I counted each of the Entire AK line in at my shop of the past C.E.S where all the AK's originally landed. I have also spoken to and have dealt with Aldo on his skis. I was just pointing out a question I have when I read your welcome.

Wasssuuup!

I probably introduced myself somewhere over a year ago when I registered here, but didn't post since so I guess I'll reintroduce myself.

I'm 21yo from Italy, lived in Munich Germany most of my life. My dad got me skiing when I was 3-4years old, had my first downhill race when I was 5 or so, kept racing for a few years, but what somewhat too distant from the mountains to really ski everyday and stay in it. So yeah, I kept skiing all my life, but never professionally

I love powder, as all of us do, I love ski touring, I love pretty much any activity in the mountains. From hiking, running, mountainbiking to ski touring, glacier touring, ice climbing, rock climbing ... anything you can do in the mountains, I've done it before or I'm sure as hell up for it.

I'm currently finishing college in Florida on the atlantic coast (B.S. Aerospace Engineering and Math), recently started surfing, just WHY didn't I start earlier???

Currently working as an engineer beside school - saving up for a 'mountaineers' car (Nissan X-Terra 4WD 6-speed MT), saving up for some new equipment and money to travel out west. Hoping to get transfered to Boulder, CO within my company once I graduate (~May 07).

Guess that's it for now... Take it easy folks.
    Bernardo

I'm a front ranger who's made turns with quite a few of you guys, crossed tracks with even more, but never spent much time on this board. But I've been checking out some of the recent TR's, and feeding on the stoke going on here. Thanks for the inspiration, hope I can add a little as the season unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolbury View Post
    I'm a front ranger who's made turns with quite a few of you guys, crossed tracks with even more, but never spent much time on this board. But I've been checking out some of the recent TR's, and feeding on the stoke going on here. Thanks for the inspiration, hope I can add a little as the season unfolds.
    damn, this place is turning into a geriatric ward!

But since your avatar is cool I should probably cut you a little slack.

Thanks Danno. I just notched another step on my downward slide today(56), so I need all the slack I can get. And if nothing else, my Mantra's love me.

Happy Birthday Larry! Danno is just jealous cause we geriatrics get all the chicks.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

well, that, and because you geriatrics can kick my ass on the skin track!

Happy b-day Woolbury!

lurker cavin in

CU student I can get down the hill on a snowboard, livin in Spain at the moment and seeing all the snow has had me lurking on here at an unhealthy level figured it was time to cave in. Some of you´ll might know me as Jackson or have seen me wandering the A-basin lot jamming to Mike Jones with a pimp stagger in my step. Occasionally I try to hike up mountains but I prefer to burn gasoline in the doominator. phish should be bootpacking my favorite spots for my triumphant return to CO in december.

Squatch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by era View Post
    CU student I can get down the hill on a snowboard, livin in Spain at the moment and seeing all the snow has had me lurking on here at an unhealthy level figured it was time to cave in. Some of you&#180;ll might know me as Jackson or have seen me wandering the A-basin lot jamming to Mike Jones with a pimp stagger in my step. Occasionally I try to hike up mountains but I prefer to burn gasoline in the doominator. phish should be bootpacking my favorite spots for my triumphant return to CO in december.
    curious if you're the guy who met nate (en Espana).

Quote Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
    curious if you're the guy who met nate (en Espana).
    It would make sense.
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

Yeah thats me, I don't know which one of you'll is Max but we've met briefly as well though the condition you were in you may not remeber. Phish aka stem is my roomate

First day for posting

Hey all..been lurking for a while and enjoy the humor and info which can be gleaned.

Been skiing for 30 years or so..I tried instructing a couple of seasons ago and hated it.

I couldn't make my wedge turns like they wanted but could blast through the pow better than most. they really fuck with your skiing at those clinics:

I live on the West Side of Vail and get plenty of powder days w/out the I-70 front range nightmares. Don't do the backcountry yet, but am looking at taking some avy training class at CMC.

Local hill is BC--yeah there are some great stashes there and it is never crowded.

Skiied the PNW slop for many years, and am enjoying the consistent light snow in CO..but not the core shots when it is bony (which can be often in CO)

Cheers
    LB

Yo Scott this is Adam (Niwot). I caved too. Welcome aboard. It'll be a total shitshow when you get back to Boulder. RAGE!
    Umbrellas are for fags.

Talking

Yeah thats me, I don't know which one of you'll is Max but we've met briefly as well though the condition you were in you may not remeber. Phish aka stem is my roomate
    Welcome to the board bro. MIKE JONES!!!!!!!!!

Should I feel guilty about the ttips exodus?

....naw, I don't think so.

Larry, it was good to see you again at Loveland and thanks for shutting down your business so Doug and Eben can ski. Well done.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

phish should be bootpacking my favorite spots for my triumphant return to CO in december.
    Excellent. I would like to know where all these bootpacks are located, as my spats truly suck with skins and trekkers.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

What up. Time for the introduction and subsequent JONG response.

Grew up skiing on a small hill in Mass named bradford. 250 virtical, dont go if you have the chance. Raced there in high school. Skied mostly at killington rocking bear mtn as much as possible.

Had the pleasure of going to school in Richmond. My local mountain because Wintergreen. Starter jackets and camo are the prefered style at this gem of a resort. Random drainage pipes and rocks on the trails are also great additions.

I now live in San Fran and ski in Tahoe. I had an alpine pass last winter and got another this year. Cant wait for another tahoe winter
    Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.

likewise my snowshoes took a shit, my sled can only go so far, and these spanish cafe´s are killing any chance at retaining any money for a split board

I've been lurking for about 6 months, and joined a month of so ago. I've been skiing for 17 years or so, and while most of you will probably think of me as the JONG park rat kid, I'm actually quite the opposite. Quite addicted at this point in time, and not planning on leaving any time soon. I am have also been seen hanging around on the dreaded NS, and also on FHL

I have been reading posts on here for a few months. It has been a great resource for me. I decided to join and add my two cents. Thanks for having me.

Everyone is new at some point. Everyone also needs to be harrassed and called a "jong" as well I suppose. No complaints.

Peace.