Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2332
    Since when is -9 a reason to close a lift in New England?

Quote Originally Posted by halliday View Post
    Since when is -9 a reason to close a lift in New England?
    Deicer doesn’t work at those temps

been lurking for years. often get off a chairlift wondering if im a jerk so figured this is the place to find out for sure

keep your nose up, kid

Quote Originally Posted by crankplank View Post
    been lurking for years. often get off a chairlift wondering if im a jerk so figured this is the place to find out for sure
    You put the J in ONG. Thanks for coming. Got pics of your hot sister?
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

thanks gary it is good to be here. If i come to canada ill bring the binder

After a long break

Haven't been on TGR since 2018, though I've been skiing plenty (well, for someone who lives 500 miles from the mountains and has a day job). Can't access my old account (horizon), hence this new one. Once I can post photos I'll start a thread, but I assume I need a bit of post count.

Feel free to JONG me.

The Real Maggots

Check out FS Moment skis and my answer to question is on page 5

love

I like it, my kids like it, my friends like it too

Long Time Lurker

But I'm here get froggy

Lurkerrr

Newbie maggot representing!!

Lurk -> Mag

Fresh mag joining up!! Currently based in LA, grew up in Vancouver. Lookin forward to losing brain cells with everyone here

Hi

Hi from SLC! Getting on the boards as I have a lot of spare time now with a season ending ACL tear

went wrinkle-brain for 10 minutes and read the meeting-the-maggots + gearswap rules threads. ISO access to the half-pair thread to find a companion to my lonely K2.

Another delurker

Longtime Tech Talk lurker, never had much to say -- used to ski all over BC but mostly stay local to the southern Interior with the kid these days.

He's a teenager now so I may need to step up the dad-ripping in order to keep up.

Testing

Testing. Got locked out. Am i back?
    Do what you like. Try not to arbitrarily be an ass. -- skizix

the bumps are just better without hooveprints in them. -- lightranger

WTF

It appears so

FNG HERE

Been lurking here for over a decade for ski reviews. Figure I should finally join this shit show rodeo. Know a few of these maggots from skiing in the Montana & Wyoming regions for 30 years. Im old school, my hat brim is curved and no man bun here bro. Grew up skiing with ranchers, farmers and cowboys of yester year before the money defiled the interior west.

Broke my leg and in the same boat

Just wanted to add that as someone who has lost friends to avalanches, I take snow science and awareness seriously. That is one of the reasons I have returned to TGR; I am looking for ways to improve avalanche education in the Inland Northwest. I have some experience with control work at A-Basin, Silverton Mountain, and around Spokane. I am seeking knowledgeable backcountry partners, however I am also open to sharing my experience with those willing and able to learn. I am familiar with most of the backcountry areas in and around the greater Spokane area including Sherman Peak and Fourth Of July Pass. I am also interested in skiing in other parts of Washington that I have not been to yet. It has been years since I've been up to Red, but hopefully I can start that up again.

Anyways, I usually make one multi-day trip up to Schweitzer per year and other than that am looking to do most of my skiing at Mount Spokane and Lookout Pass. The new lift at Lookout has changed things and created a wonderful new skiing opportunity. Mount Spokane has secrets out of bounds. Other than that if people are looking to skin at Micah Peak, that would be even easier for me to get to. That's all for now, I hope you all are getting ready for an ass-kicking season.

quit bumping threads about dead people, jong.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

go fuck yourself
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Saw one comment about the bumps.. then started to see the list. WTF bot? Seems like "fatality" was the search criteria?

Their post here reads like a ChatGPT response. The weird phrasing around "control expereince" and naming off as many resorts around Spokane as possible sets off my AI written alarm bells.

I'm betting bot personally. If a real person is bumping every thread made in the last year about avalanche deaths, they need to fuck right off.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Their post here reads like a ChatGPT response. The weird phrasing around "control expereince" and naming off as many resorts around Spokane as possible sets off my AI written alarm bells.

I'm betting bot personally. If a real person is bumping every thread made in the last year about avalanche deaths, they need to fuck right off.
    yeah, it does read sort of chatbot. But pretty impressive to have a 4+ year old account and just start posting. And the IP address tracks to Spokane.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy