Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    A good friend recently told me to check out this site and like many of you, I live to ride big lines on chest deep days. It's what I think about in the morning when I wake up and it on my mind when I lay down for bed. I live and ski at Squaw and love to catch sunrise in KT line up on powder days.

Work is work and skiing is a dream. Let's keep doing what we can to keep the dream alive!

People4Powder!

extree ski turned me onto this site. am a 37 year old powderhound , been skiing since i was 4. grew up on east coast but was lucky to have a father who knew that EC mt's blow and who took us to utah/colorado to ski the real have since moved out west and am loving the 8 hour or less drive to many major western ski areas.looking to take the next step into AT and backcountry and this place seems to be the place to pick up tips and knowledge.

Colorado girl, moved to Montana.... love the mountains, love the snow, live to ski. I found this site not too long ago and now I'm hooked. For the most part, I have very few addictions to speak of.... recently, I've learned this has become one of them (I lurk a lot, trying to break in slowly with my posts). Other addictions....okay, now that I think of it, there may be quite a few....but travel, adventure, and anything outdoors and physical seem to headline. Can't seem to get enough of this place and look forward to getting to know it and all of you better....

Originally from montreal, been in van for about 8 years now, have ridden at whis for all of those years. Posted an 'I'm new here thread' before realizig this was the thread for newbies. Finally discovered that there was a site for guys who prefer biglines and steep and deep to being a park rat, ahem ns. Most of my ski buddies have since moved back out east so I'm psyched to meet some new folks to ride with...
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Powder

Born and raised in the small resort town of June Lake California (25 miles north of Mammoth Mountain). June Mountain is my home www.junemountain.com
    Was on the race team growing up as a kid, then progressed into being on the freeride team.. Now the park just plain bores me, so I've been progressing into BC skiing.. There is literally a lifetime worth of BC skiing in this area (eastern sierra).. Just got a sick BC setup: K2 Made'n AK's with some Fritschi Freerides.
    This is my first year on June Mountain ski Patrol.. Nowhere on the net have I seen as many cool TR's as the ones you guys post.. I look forward to contributing many TRs and hanging out with all you big-line loving powderhounds
    Love and Gratitude!

Just registered. Done some lurking for a while. Mainly east coast guy, been out west a few times. Everything is melting back here, and it looks like the CC areas just got 30 inches in the past couple of days.

Obviously I'm new here...
    Last edited by Gary; 10-06-2006 at 08:35 AM.

I am a JONG and I would like to add my JONG Reply to the list of newbies replying to this thread!

I LOVE TGR! I love the shit you give to each other (JONG or not), the advice, the camaraderie and of course the maggot lovin!

My hubby is a maggot from the old school PM days...he has me hooked (especially now that I finally have the sack to post)!

Grew up on the Ice Coast (and because of that I can MOTOR down any west coast bump line with NO PROBLEM! In fact I LOVE west coast bumps - and pretty much any other terrain)...still here, but hoping to make the big move to the "Best Coast"..well Ooootah anyway.

Thanks TGR for giving me an escape from the mindless hours I spend behind my computer at work everyday!
    ‎"Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality." -Dolores LaChapelle

Yo Folks,

Looks like I am officially a JONG. Referred to this board by a ski partner of mine (Mountian Freak). Sweet site. There is quite the wealth of info here and some kick ass trip reports. Little about myself - been skiing for about 20 years on alpines, 1 yr on tele's. Moved out to CO from Cali 12 years ago to attend CU Boulder. Currently reside in Denver. Looking forward to spending some time on this board.

Cheers

hey all,

ive lived in colorado all my life (littleton/south denver for 18 years & boulder for 3). i went to UVM for a year and transfered back home for obvious reasons (heady dur dur brah). Been on skis since i was 2, for the last 5 years been in the back country alot (touring berthoud pass alot). Currently living in Barcelona, Spain but will be back in sweet sweet rado in about a month. Ive been lurking on this board for a while without registering but would like to find some other addicts to the BC. I ski around 50 days a year and am a full time student. I am loving all of the TR's that i have read and some great pics and vids and kept me entertained for hours. look forward to skiing with some mags next season.

peace

hi

hi! new here. I am NJ Born, Tennessee raised, and a recent transplant to the West Coast. (Inland Empire, California)

Trying to learn to ski again after a 3 year hiatus of snowboarding. This season is my all-time record for most days in a season. A whopping 13 days. (hey, you don't get out alot growing up in the flatlands and my parents only took us about once every other year when I was younger)

I love being outside and I am really involved with our local mountain rescue team, RMRU. Home Mountain is June Mountain, CA because that is where I have my pass. I am making plans to move up to Mammoth Mtn or June next season to finally make my dream of living in the mountains a reality.

So instead of just lurking like I have been, I hope to learn a bunch from participating here.

Please'd to meet ya
    Erica

Quote Originally Posted by erica_z
    a recent transplant to the West Coast. (Inland Empire, California)

Wow, I'm sorry!! Welcome JONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Whoa, what you gotta say?? Whoa, girls turn 18 every day!!!
    --Vandals

bah!

OC people....

interestingly enough, I seem to think I have the upperhand since I can automatically subtract 2 hours of traffic to get to the mountains on the weekend.

Joey bag'o donuts, go immediately to park on the 91. do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

I too will be a transplant to California soon.

I feel like such a dork.
    Buy nice things here.
    www.motorcityglassworks.com

I've been lurking for 2 months, and I guess its time make a post. I grew up in a family of Texan skiers, and decided to come up to UNR to go to college/get my commmision/ski my life away. During the summer I work at the Wynn in Vegas as a lifeguard and ride my mountain bike. I Let the hazing...er jonging begin.

I finally subject myself to the abuse that is the TGR Forum!

New, but not so new. I've been enjoying the banter now for a couple of weeks after my hubby got me hooked. Native of SLC and hopefully will always be here. Just started BC skiing this year and am hopelessly obsessed. I LOVE dawn patrol tours before work...nothing beats the smugness factor you get knowing you were ripping while your co-workers were sleeping.

Other hobbies include climbing, drinking beer, biking, drinking, oh wait, did I say drinking yet? Super excited to meet you all, either electronically or up in the mountains! Bring it!

Blurred's thoughts on regulating Gear Swap made me finally decide to be less of a lurker. Considering that I'm trapped in that dreaded formerly malarial swamp in one of the flatter parts of the country, I try to get out West as much as possible.

As the only son of widowed, alcholic Montenegrin steam fitter, I have no naked pictures of my sister to post.

Just stumbled onto the site yesterday and after reading a couple of trip reports I may not have another productive day at work. So I haven't seen much of this place but I'm thoroughly impressed, love the stoke and want to be a part of it.

Grew up in the Bay Area skiing Tahoe, and after a rugby-induced lull and then a few years in NYC my skiing addiction has come back with a vengeance the last two years. Sitting in an office Mon-Fri kills me but this place seems like the place to go for a quick midweek hit.

Cheers!

Matt

bump for pussgnarbitch
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Been lurking for a couple months now, figured its time to post already.

Been skiing since age 6, fell out of it when we moved to Chicago, but moved West 1.5 years ago and I am quickly becoming completely obsessed. The TR's on this board have been inspiring, and this is one of the best forums ive seen.

And with that, another doppelganger entered the fray
    If the radiance of a thousand suns
    Were to burst at once into the sky
    That would be like the splendor of the Mighty one ...
    I am become Death,
    The shatterer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar
    And with that, another doppelganger entered the fray
    Dude, you can't refer to YOURSELF as a doppelganger. That is only something that can be attributed to you by someone else. JONG.

Anyways, enough about you.

I like long walks on winter days with no pants but warm socks.

I like to smear ground coffee beans on myself after cold showers.

I enjoy sitting by the woodstove with my WIFI enabled laptop and looking at Beaver's posts in the padded room. Especially the one with Santa's Helpers.

I prefer powder to sex.

Once, while getting my ass handed to me this winter, I actually considered locking my heel down. But only for a second.

I believe Pabst, not Budweiser, is the TRUE king of beers.

And I want to see naked pictures of your sister, JONG.

can we change the title

to Meat the Minions?

I think that would be oh-so sexy.

what is Thrutching and is cletus still doing it?
    "In the woods, we return to reason and faith. There I feel that nothing can befall me in life, — no disgrace, no calamity, (leaving me my eyes,) which nature cannot repair." -Emerson

well here i am.

I am now a "newb" to this site, and this is my story in short. I am 27, I live in Denver. i grew up in Vail, no I am not your typical rich kid from Vail, I am as blue collar as they come. I started skiing when I was 2. I skied moguls when I was young through some years in highschool. Real life hit, moved to Mexico City, to Portland Oregon, and back to Denver. I now have no ski buddies just my snowboarding friends to enjoy the mountains with, I have no problems with that we all are there to enjoy the snow. I enjoy steeps, and building bc booters, I need some more bc and avalanche training for sure, I view myself as a old newschool skier who needs new knees. I am stoked to join this online community, as an alternative to one I am kind of active in. so, howdy.
    .i need new knees.