Page 15 of 94 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I think it's kinda funny that this thread, which was originally posted to bring together some semblance of old fogey "wisdom" for new arrivals, has instead turned into some kind of wedding reception line where all the newbs to the forum line up to introduce themselves to the groom and bride.

But hey, whatever.
    Yea, it is kinda funny. I can't remember what I first posted on powdermag.

I don't think I've posted in this thread before... meh.

Wisdom? Don't fail your Organic Chemistry final, it might mess up your plans for the following summer.
    Last edited by backpack; 12-14-2006 at 12:52 AM.

I'll join the wedding reception line.

I'm an undergrad music major at a school in WI. I'll be graduating in May and will hopefully be going to grad school in the fall, maybe somewhere out west.

I love biking and snowboarding, though I have to admit it's been a while since I've hit the slopes. Being in college = no time or money. Lift tickets in Wisconsin and Minnesota are a waste of money anyway.

Unfortunately, it's going to be a while before I can snowboard again. In October of 2005, I was in a really bad bus accident, and I suffered a lot of severe injuries, mostly in my right leg. Since then, I've had seven surgeries, and I'm still recovering. Luckily everything should get pretty much back to normal, but it's just going to take time.

I found this forum through an internet query about knee braces. My brother lives near the Tetons, so the name TGR caught my eye. I've been looking through the Gimp Central folder, and it's nice to find people I can relate with (well, nice for me, bad for them ). I love reading all the stories from people who've recovered from injuries and have been able to snowboard/ski/whatever again. People in Wisconsin don't really understand the injuries I've sustained, and they definitely don't understand my desire to return to snowboarding.

Last, but not least, I have to include this icon because I think it's funny:

howdy

I'm pretty pissed off that I grew up in the south. I mean I learned skiing...just the liquid kind, and I've shredded a wave or two and that's been a blast but i'm ready to hit the backcountry this season. So lay it on me. Now where do I find the beta on the beta.
    everything you needed to know you learned in kindergarten...line up and take your turn.
    www.gearsamples.com

Hey guys. I just made my first post, so i figured i'd go ahead and get the whole introduction over with. I'm definately a long time lurker, but my habit of visiting this site grew into a full-on addiction over the summer while i was "serving" an internship in Shanghai. In case you didn't know, Shanghai is where outdoor recreation goes to die. You guys kept me sane! Luckily, I am back in California and about to start my ski season.

Anyways, I just wanted to get this out of the way, and let you guys know I have officially arrived! Keep doin' what you're doin' mags! FKNA!!!

Long time lurker who was told to come over here to be eaten alive.

Start the feast.

brandspankinn00bie here.

Skiied bachelor, meadows during the day and skibowl by night growing up. Havent skiied in a good 6-7 years, but your site has brought back that urge. My kids about to walk, so ill literally have her on ski's next year and she'll be able to say "i been on ski's since i could walk". Gives me a PERFECT reason to get back on the mountains. I'll be one of the lamer's posting my great day on the mountain with the kid. But i'll be sure to be up there to try and match some of these TR's early before i cater to the little one.
    Last edited by cramer; 12-21-2006 at 09:03 AM.

Got forwarded this site from a friend. Tele by day, drinker by night.

My name is Hotcarl and i like tittyballs and wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzilla View Post
    In October of 2005, I was in a really bad bus accident, and I suffered a lot of severe injuries, mostly in my right leg. Since then, I've had seven surgeries, and I'm still recovering. Luckily everything should get pretty much back to normal, but it's just going to take time.

I found this forum through an internet query about knee braces. My brother lives near the Tetons, so the name TGR caught my eye. I've been looking through the Gimp Central folder, and it's nice to find people I can relate with (well, nice for me, bad for them ). I love reading all the stories from people who've recovered from injuries and have been able to snowboard/ski/whatever again. People in Wisconsin don't really understand the injuries I've sustained, and they definitely don't understand my desire to return to snowboarding.
    Good luck recovering, Amy! Hope you get to ride again soon! Sounds like it's time to leave Wisconsin???
    washu feeze drive me to firenze?

Quote Originally Posted by gbarnum View Post
    Sounds like it's time to leave Wisconsin???
    haha, perhaps

hello, my name is Skidmarks and I haven't skied in 9 months. Fucking depressing really. Currently residing in the quaint hamlet of SF. If you want to know the rest of my life story you better have boobs and be buying me beers. Or ask nicely.

I fully endorse the 'no pants' platform, although I recommend strategic use of sun block while skiing.

oh my god this place has gotten pathetic... where are all the hookers?

Quote Originally Posted by Lance_K View Post
    oh my god this place has gotten pathetic... where are all the hookers?
    They left with the blow. Your mission...find them...

live in boulder, skiing forever. cu student, always lookin for a ski partner for almost anything especially bp

Live in Golden, ski when not working. Always f-ing working
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

I took warren millers advice to heart.... work a night job... I shred all day at the bird, work all nite at a shitty job... am obsessed with this forum when not doing either or the above...

Quote Originally Posted by mavrick View Post
    "Slider, you ... stink."
    Heh.

Watch out for Iceman, Mav.
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

some of you know of my already, live in bolivia, moving to utah once they let me back into the states. dont stalk me or someone will stalk you and they will have a gun. if you want to know just ask.

PM normally work better

Quote Originally Posted by bauerbrian View Post
    Okay I want to know, I'm asking
    Dooooood, watch out. Powderchick is actually a super-hot contract assasin, hiding out in the rainforest of Bolivia while the heat from her last hit cools down.

Don't ask - that's how she lures people in close enough for the kill!!

Quote Originally Posted by powderchick View Post
    dont stalk me or someone will stalk you and they will have a gun.
    The glock 40 thats in gear swap?
    Last edited by My Lovely; 01-08-2007 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bauerbrian View Post
    Ha Ha, that's some funny shit! Good for a late afternoon laugh

You are kidding, right?
    Of course I'm kidding, I know nothing about powderchick whatsoever.
    But that would be cool, right?

yeah it would be way better if that was the truth, although the real story isnt that bad

I`m packing a Gucci handbag.

100th POST!

feels like i lost my virginity all over again.

oh wait, ummmm, er, uh, yeah... again.

and south american girls rule, even if they're imported from the states. viva barilochenses! and powderchick, when are we going to have a south america mag convention with you, me, and enlosandes.