Page 12 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    ...of esteemed Powder Maggots...

Hi TGR,

I lived in Colorado my entire life. I did two years of college in Colorado and then moved to New York to get some more college education. Now I cannot ski because New York is flat. I will be posting on TGR's forums instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Hi TGR,

I lived in Colorado my entire life. I did two years of college in Colorado and then moved to New York to get some more college education. Now I cannot ski because New York is flat. I will be posting on TGR's forums instead.
    Stop huffing paint cans, then post. It makes for much better English.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Hi TGR,

Dude, Greek Freakin Peak

Cut him some slack. There are three ways of doing things, the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way(which is the wrong way, but faster)
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I just joined a couple of days ago as well. Not like anyone gives a shit, but I thought i would post on this thread anyway. BTW, great handle Joey (John "absurdsmith the wordsmith" Smith is da bomb!)
    Umbrellas are for fags.

Quote Originally Posted by telepariah View Post
    I joined last night.
    You just registered! And you're almost 50!

Yup - I too just joined, and yup, I know it's a lil' late. HOWEVER, I am here, and that is all that truly matters.
    Yah yah?

So, exactly WTF am I here?
    Simple - I heard some of you have an attitude problem. That's it!
    I truly love peeps that are not afraid to be an ass, as I do not have much time for fawking self-righteous faux (or wannabe) libertarians! You know: those that SUPPOSEDLY fight for "freedom" yet constantly apply restraints: Oh you should not say things like I hate - I do not like to see the word because <blahs 'n' wahs /> !
    (Y0 - check out my XML skills.)

Okay, now to the important thingy ... ME! Me me me me...
    As you already can tell, I am a broke ass mudda pumper who can only afford to buy the front half of a set of bindings. Damn heel-locks from Bomber be too damn 'spensive! (LOL - whom am I trying to kid! I am a FREAKIN' gear-whore. My huge list of vices includes non-stop shopping for mountaineering gear - no, not toboggans.)

Anyhow - I look forward to telling and being told to STFU and twatever else!

Awesome welcoming page, BTW.
    Last edited by FreeHeelin; 10-19-2006 at 11:40 AM.
    aka JunkMonkey (Ttips) ... aka TheBadGuy (Ep'ick)

I lurked for a while last year, finally joined in March, started posting actively at the beginning of this month, and am just now introducing myself. I'm 19, grew up in Massachusetss and have been skiing since I was four. I'm a freshman at UVM and plan on skiing Sugarbush A LOT with a few trips to Jay probably. Oh and I plan on spending way too much time here when I'm not skiing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You just registered! And you're almost 50!
    Yeah, but emotionally, I am still stuck at 15.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

Quote Originally Posted by Biscosity Breakdown View Post
    I just joined a couple of days ago as well. Not like anyone gives a shit, but I thought i would post on this thread anyway. BTW, great handle Joey (John "absurdsmith the wordsmith" Smith is da bomb!)

Yeah, I thought it was a John Smith reference too, but turns out its not....

welcome to the insanity adam!

Well, it should be. John Smith is the PIMP!
    Umbrellas are for fags.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscosity Breakdown View Post
    Well, it should be. John Smith is the PIMP!
    Who lifted the name from a old Simpsons episode.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I guess he did. You should check him out though. Best hip-hop out there right now and from Halifax! Blunderbus is a work of genius. Homer rules too though.
    Umbrellas are for fags.

So here's my big toe making waves in the deep end of the pool... just testing the water for the first time before I Cannon Ball your asses!!

Seriously though... I am a good swimmer, however, I have learned from pow4brains that being a JONG means that I am fair game for dunking from time to time.

I won't waste any more of your time reading another boring introduction.
    I really have the American dream licked.

Yet another Jong

Well, here we go Ive done some homework, used my search function and avoided three posts I would have otherwise sent. I cant remember how I found the site, but very refreshed I am here after reading posts on other sites 3rd to 4th grade level one liners that made me scratch my head.

Thanks already out to El Chup, Vicious and others for the helpful dialogue on the '06 Ant that I ended up just ordering was choosing between Ants/190 Gots . Also, thanks out to ptavv for the sweet deal I got on some shades.

Now that Ive taken, I look forwarding to contributing on my journey through jongdom.

Also, looking forward to getting on the mountain w/ some PNW/PDX Mags.

Just posting to introduce myself. Im from the DC area and stuck here till may when I graduate. Later guys I am being distracted by Celebrity Jeopardy.

Doing the introductory postage here... East Coast skier from New Hampshire, grew up skiing Sugarbush and went to school at Holderness, so I also skied a bunch of Loon and Waterville. Just getting pumped, hearing about all the snow on Mansfield and Jay already, so decided to come and share the stoke.
    -Hazen-

East Coast Skier here mainly Loon and Waterville because of the young kids I found out I have but do a few trips to Jay to excerise on the east coast ice....I mean pow! Great site hope to tune in when the weather hits cold but may be out playing!

Quote Originally Posted by tromano View Post
    Just posting to introduce myself. Im from the DC area and stuck here till may when I graduate. Later guys I am being distracted by Celebrity Jeopardy.

DcSki refugee??? Welcome JONG!
    Courage + believe = life. Life is not about how many breaths you take. It's what you do with those breaths

Quote Originally Posted by tromano View Post
    like the avatar JONG

Ok so I guess I should of stopped here first before posting....I have been skiiing for 6 years mostly in the SE but hope to make my first trip out west soon.
    skiing make me excited!!

Quote Originally Posted by AshleySkis View Post
    Ok so I guess I should of stopped here first before posting....I have been skiiing for 6 years mostly in the SE but hope to make my first trip out west soon.
    Pee before you get on the plane!

Not Very New JONG

Another long-time lurker saying hello.

I have been backcountry skiing in Colorado for about 30 years, which is why I am not so new, except to TGR. Mostly I ski the Indian Peaks and RMNP because I hate driving I-70. Over the years I have descended quite a few of the 14ers, mostly in spring corn conditions on the more mellow lines (not the more agressive mid-winter couloirs I see on TGR).

For all those years of skiing I don't have much wisdom gained, except for a better appreciation of Murphy's Law ("what can go wrong, will go wrong").

TGR TRs definitely help me decide when and where to ski, so I will try to give back a little info after hoovering it up for so long. I mostly ski tele, but I also alpine and snowboard if I am in the mood.

So maybe me and TelePariah can form the Geriatric Chapter at TGR.

Since my sister is pushing 60, people can get by without the naked pictures, I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiEvil View Post
    DcSki refugee??? Welcome JONG!
    Yea I post on DCski now and then for a few years. Thanks for the welcome! Its good to see I didn't make an incorrect first impression.

Quote Originally Posted by BushwackerinPA View Post
    like the avatar JONG
    You know u want one.