Page 11 of 94 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Can't decide if I should open with "Are you there God, it's me, Mofro?" or the "please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste."I've been here a few months, but for the purposes of formal introductions, I will be referring to myself in the third person.

Mofro261 loves to ski,averaging 50-60 days/yr over the last ~30+ years in the PNW, mostly at Alpental. The board name is a combination of a nickname given by some Brits after skiing in an Afro wig at Banff & KH, and Mofro's favorite run at Alpental, 261. Mofro used to check the old Alpental Geek Squad board, but didn't find the powder forum, which probably would have added another 2-3 yrs to graduate school. Mofro was first introduced to Maggots back in 2003 and was on the Powder Maggots Citileague ski team. Mofro hadn't been in a race course in 18yrs and is not an Gapic ski geek but does enjoy going full tilt all of the time. The Mag's on the team were good people, but out of a team of 12, we always had problems getting a full 6 to show up to ski thursday nights or stick around and drink beer. Around that time Mofro checked in on the the Powmag board but didn't really get it, but the exodus was occurring at the time.

Mofro started lurking here in Dec 2005 due to a serious ski-jones developed by a poor 04/05 PNW winter. Ok, no more third person. It's not working. I joined up after meeting some members after a good pow day at Alpental. They had beer, I had an opener, and I sorta connected the dots later. Since then I've seen some serious stoke and a whole lot of zaniness.

The Mag's I've met have all been stand up people, and as a bonus some of them are also pretty kick-ass skiers. I think I'll stick around awhile and try to meet more of you.

G.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Sublimaze
    I am the Lord Jesus Christ, he who believeth in me shall have eternal life....
    I no longer believe in religion, there cannot be two Jesus Christeses in one place

A recent lurker…I’ve known about TGR for a long time from a friend, but had no need 'til I moved out to Vancouver and Whistler and Mt. Baker became so close. Now I can’t stop reading

Skiing 'til now has been once a year trip to resorts and groomers in Collingwood…that said I’m a chick that rips and have been skiing since I learnt to walk. Dreamt of moving out West FOREVER…Cali was my first choice but now I don’t have to deal with American politics .

Want to take full advantage of my environment so getting into BC and then AT to follow. That said people on here know their shit, and I got no one to learn from. So if I pick your brain....I’m getting ready those naked pics of my sis, my mother, my aunt, and some hot friends. I’ve read a lot but got lots to learn…so I’m a jong with a capital J. I’ve got only two skiis in my quiver, for groomers and telemarking, but looking to add skis for BC/AT and fatties for pow (95-99 mm). I’ll be demoing most of the season.

Skied Tahoe (Kirkwood & Heavenly) this past Easter after it was puked on, so you could say that my powder addiction was ignited.
    Last edited by Spark; 08-30-2006 at 07:04 PM.

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Spark
    So if I pick your brain....I’m getting ready those naked pics of my sis, my mother, my aunt, and some hot friends.
    You know, you can always "put credits in the bank", so to speak...

Greetings,
    I've been reading the TGR forums for some time now, thought I should register finally.. so here I am. I come from the east, the not-so-far-east - Bulgaria, a small country with plenty of mountains and skiing opportunities, not so many dudes with fat skis, and a growing number of expanding ski resorts fucking up nature. I ski, when I am not in northern Germany of course, where I have been trying to finish school for the last 4-5 years, trying to become a marine biologist, which is quite a weird choice for the future for someone in a need of high attitides and snow.. still haven't figured out how this will work out.. proud member of befsa.com : )

right at the lights, straight on till night
    Quote Originally Posted by Vihren
    trying to become a marine biologist, which is quite a weird choice for the future for someone in a need of high attitides and snow.. still haven't figured out how this will work out..
    you should do your thesis on the powder maggot. it should pass for marine life as you typically need a mask and snorkel to observe it in its natural habitat.
    when everything in the world is at its darkest, it takes a big man to kick back and party.

Old Guy, taught for years, ran races for 23 years. Taking this year off and going skiing. Camper to Canada, Montana etc. Getting off piste and into the powder more. Tired of the ski school constant tips, drills, "can I tell you this", "why don't you try this", clinics, criticisim, "you can improve doing this". Just want to go SKI and have some fun. Looking forward to some of this attitude on TGR. thanks for listening-I'm venting. Ordered some Bro's and can't wait to get on them - anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by PARIdaho View Post
    Old Guy, taught for years, ran races for 23 years. Taking this year off and going skiing. Camper to Canada, Montana etc. Getting off piste and into the powder more. Tired of the ski school constant tips, drills, "can I tell you this", "why don't you try this", clinics, criticisim, "you can improve doing this". Just want to go SKI and have some fun. Looking forward to some of this attitude on TGR. thanks for listening-I'm venting. Ordered some Bro's and can't wait to get on them - anywhere!
    Good on ya...where are the pics?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

So,
    While lying in hospital with a broken tib/fib in Feb I was surfing the web (having nothing else to do since all the hot nurses didnt seem willing to spend some quality time in my bed) and I somehow came across this nice forum. Only checked the tgr page for the ski films before. I have enjoyed quite a few of the TRs full of skiing stokage, especially the ones from the Wasatch that make me think I should have extended my stay at the U. And a lot of the members and membresses,ahem, seem to be pretty cool people who actually know what they are talking about.
    I hope I might be able to contribute a couple of TRs from the Euro Zone this winter, if I can find some extra cash for a camera or get my buddy to buy one.

I don't think I posted on here, but I've been reading TGR off and on for a while and decided to join a little while back. Live up in Big Bear Lake, so I'm often at Bear or Summit. So yeah... Howdy.

WOW I fell so welcomed

Happy to be here

I just discovered this place and am hoping it will help with my addiction. I always get the first Powder magazine in August and want to shoot myself. I moved to Atlanta GA a while back. It's a great place, but apparently Stone Mountain doesn't turn into a ski hill in the winter (there's already a freakin gondola there). So I am stuck. I try to make it out a couple of times a year. Mostly to the homeland of Canada. Banff/Whistler. I love to ski and used to race. Hopefully I can meet up with some maggots in Whistler or Banff this winter.

Ok, I'm new here too. A friend of mine recommended it. I'm in Denver for grad school and looking to meet some riding buddies. Well, or I guess skiers would be ok too. That's about it. yay.

I need a place to work on polishing up my language so I thought I'd start here with you assholes. Oh, and I ski.

Quote Originally Posted by road trip View Post
    December 2002 Powmag.
    Oct 2003 here (affectionately known as "the revolution").

And don't confuse Bacon with Basom.
    Not to nitpick, but I think "migration" is the word you're looking for. Exodus has also been used.

Iggyskier finally convinced me to register here.

I'm in school in COlorado right now, which will last until december when I can't stand it anymore and move back to Utah for the winter. I lived up in LCC last season and hopefully will get to do it again...assuming they let me back.

I'm originally from New York where I skied moguls. I still own my Hart F17 bump skis which I rode a few times last year (Most noteably when I "skied" down from High Boy. Trying to navigate knee deep slush on skis as wide as my pinky was entertaining to say the least...)

Everyone on here seems pretty much hilarious, and I hope as least a few of you guys are just as so in person. Looking forward to tearing up colorado this fall with people just as addicted as I am.

Oh, and I might or might not be facebook stalking someone who goes by the name of "Squatch."

-nikki

Just joined...been reading around for a while now. Ski the east, couple trips a year to CO and UT. Nice to meet you. Cant wait to rip this year.

"Don't just ram it in there like that, This is not a hole in the wall pal, It's Rollergirl. "-Jack Horner

Long time lurker, recently registered and forgot to say my piece here. Only been here about a month and a half and I'm fully addicted.

I never actually posted in here two years ago when I joined, so figured I'd do it now with some down time....I've been skiing since I was about 4, and had a season pass at Kirkwood since I was 8. I started skiing with 666 way back in 1999 or so at Kirkwood, and thanks to him (and a huge crew of other maggots) not only did I get utterly and completely stoked on skiing, but also improved dramatically. Basically, because they were all such strong skiers I had to get better, stat, or get left choking on their cold smoke.

I decided to go to University at UC Davis....one of the main factors was that it has one of the strongest biology undergrad programs within decent proximity to snow...more specifically Kirkwood. I got a few "big" years in (big for me being 40+ days....longest season was 54 days while a full-time student)

I was finally pursuaded to come on here and witness some 666 TRs (the main draw was he told me I'd be in one or two, and yes, i'm a vain mofo). Just moved to SF a year ago, and unfortunately didn't ski nearly as much as I'd liked, but I vow to change that for this next season... (the extra hour minimum each way plus flakey friends kept me off the hill some)

Most people I've skied with I knew as skiers, then maggots, but I've definitely been stoked on the community...I owe some epic TRs this season....glad to be here...

Quote Originally Posted by skimoore View Post
    I decided to go to University at UC Davis....
    Hey alum. We're both ag schmucks.

I joined last night.

My parents were skiers but for some strange reason, they had no idea what they were getting themselves into when they put me on skis in 1962. I was six, Dad had just got out of the Air Force and we moved to upstate NY. One run down the little bunny hill at 400 vertical foot Silver Bells at Wells and I was hooked. I knew what I was going to do for the rest of my life. Had an ancient Austrian ski instructor named Amos who couldn't teach my brother and me the difference between right and left. So finally he just gave up and turned us loose on the mountain.

Here are my parents in the 50s.

Mom at Tremblant, 1953

Dad at Alta, 1954

I honestly don't give a shit about what floats anybody else's boat in the snow. It's really just all about me.

Oh yeah, sand skiing ROCKS!

I just joined, but I've been reading for a while and I'm hooked. Ski season is a good month away up here , so I've gotta do something to keep the ski jones at bay.

I am trying...

To boost my posts...

Happy to have joined the legion...