Page 10 of 94 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    I met a few maggots over the weekend - turned out to be good folks. What the hell???

I've known MtnMan for a good many years now, wouldn't have the balls to try half the stuff he does, but love listening to the stories. Also good buds with Sprite and Steve (pube-in-my-taco?)

I'm SkiDork - live on LI NY, wife Tyrolean_Skier (a true skiing fanatic), 2 kids, one who's 9 and already better than me, other is 5 and will be better than me in a year or so...

We have a place at K-Mart and are there almost every weekend.

I love Pow, which means on the east coast I love trees...

Hello

Hey maggots,

My name is Nathan I have been reading and hardly posting (15) since I joined in Oct 2005. I am 24 and currently live in the Burgh. I am moving to Denver/Boulder Aug. 28th with my best friend and we will be looking for some people to drink and ride with this year. Hope to meet some of you guys.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364
    Hey maggots,

My name is Nathan I have been reading and hardly posting (15) since I joined in Oct 2005. I am 24 and currently live in the Burgh. I am moving to Denver/Boulder Aug. 28th with my best friend and we will be looking for some people to drink and ride with this year. Hope to meet some of you guys.

Peace
    hey JONG why dont you go find a good boot fitter that actually fit boots , and get off those weenie twin tips and get on some real skis.

being serious about the second part of that.

Hi,

Just occured to me I never introduced myself, sorry Jong manuever! Pretty much signed up right after I discovered the board searching the web for avy info. I really dig all the trip reports not to mention all the other killer content of this community. I live in Boulder and try to get out as much as possible backcountry snowboarding, mt. biking and climbing mountains. Anyway good to know all of you!
    Have fun or get hurt bad. "MFT" A.K.A. Dr. Doom

There are but three true sports--bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. "Ernest Hemingway"

Sure are a lot of homos here.
    Last edited by Jer; 05-23-2008 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer
    I'm moving out to SLC - I'm pretty boring.
    Are you a morman?

Just kidding... SLC should spice up your life and if that doesn't, TGR will. Welcome, as a fellow JONG, and enjoy the fun... (hint: The Padded Room may offer a cure for "boring"...)
    Last edited by BigDaddy; 08-07-2006 at 06:41 PM.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Out of the lurker closet.
    I just moved to the Koots from the flatlands of Oil Country. Skiing and mt. biking are my thang and I finally get to do them by just stepping out my door. This site has already given me great tech info, made me piss myself laughing and provided more stoke than I know what to do with. Rock on!

Quote Originally Posted by icanseeformiles(andmiles)
    Intro
    Just got registration today.

To paraphrase someone else on this thread: If you recognize me from another site "STFU."

That is all.
    JONG!!!! and no I wont STFU you damn newb I bet you hardly know anything about skiing or mountain biking.

*entire post tongue in cheek*

would anyone be able to explain the whole bacon thing? thanks.

As long as you eat or love it on some level you will be accepted.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

excellant. I have been known to enjoy certain pork products from time to time. I was worried it was some crazy mel gipson-esque cult that had infiltrated the maggots... mmmmm..... bacon...... I think im going to have some. Back Bacon sandwiches. I'd TR if I had a camera...

Hello everyone

My full pseudonym is I Gigron Mormon (psuedo SSN 078 05 1120) which I mainly use on junk mail subscriptions, useless telemarketing polls and occasionally online forum activity. I'm 41, live in Central Mass, grew up not skiing (playing hockey though that counts for something), learned in my early 20s at Wachusett and loved it since. I mainly ski in VT now, thanks to having a family home near Stratton. I love SLC/Utah since discovering it on a trip about 10 years ago. Please don't take every comment I make the wrong way - will try and use emoticons or whatever to convey my carefully cultivated sense of east coast sarcasm. I'm just happy to be here and looking forward to the next snowfall.

hi, i m from vermon and now live in suburban hell...cottonwood heights. i thought i might join this forum because August sucks.

_______westoxified_______

Sounds great... I am happy to be a part of this...
    MOM, there's Chicken on the rug!!! - Jack McFarland

You're part of it like an antelope is part of the leopard that's eating him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit
    You're part of it like an antelope is part of the leopard that's eating him.

Love that...You're part of it like an antelope is part of the leopard that's eating him.

Now that is funny LMAO...
    MOM, there's Chicken on the rug!!! - Jack McFarland

Quote Originally Posted by taynton
    would anyone be able to explain the whole bacon thing? thanks.
    if it has to be explained to you, you will never get it.

Be the bacon.

Popping the JONG Cherry

Kinda like sitting at the top of a nice cornice, eventually you have to say "Fuck it" and jump in. Ninjabirdman's been sending me links to incredible stoke all over these forums for a few months now, and after my issue of Powder arrived Friday, I figgured I'd better stop watching and start doing. Popping my forum cherry here and now.

I'm from Seattle, lived in Berkeley some growing up, back to Seattle and I've been in Menlo Park/Palo alto since '99. Grew up skiing good old Bald Mtn w/ the family. Got into swimming thru HS & College, put a damper on the mountain sports. Following retirement 2 years ago I got back on my '95 Burton Air 55 and got in 30+ in Sun Valley, Alpine Meadows, and assorted Tahoe. I got back on ski's last season, a pair of Rossi B2's, and God it feels good! Season passed at Kirkwood last year, looking at Alpine Meadows for this Winter. Also looking to pop my bc cherry this winter.

Hope to hang with you mags and maggettes in the future, after all, winter is near!

-Fatty
    (I can be seen on the forums w/ a picture captioned 'ninjabirdman's roomie')
    Everyone needs to believe in something. I believe I will have another beer!

i still think meat the minions is funny....

Quote Originally Posted by erica_z
    i still think meat the minions is funny....
    i would totally do it, if I could. But the title can't be changed, unless by an admin. Maybe frozen would do it, given his bacon ravings of late??
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

December 2002 Powmag.
    Oct 2003 here (affectionately known as "the revolution").

And don't confuse Bacon with Basom.

Quote Originally Posted by road trip
    December 2002 Powmag.
    Oct 2003 here (affectionately known as "the revolution").

And don't confuse Bacon with Basom.
    And I thought I was posting in that other thread. What the hell? Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by ruhiks
    Out of the lurker closet.
    I just moved to the Koots from the flatlands of Oil Country. Skiing and mt. biking are my thang and I finally get to do them by just stepping out my door. This site has already given me great tech info, made me piss myself laughing and provided more stoke than I know what to do with. Rock on!

That pretty much covers it for me too!

TGR Virgin

First trip down maggot lane...trying to sell last years fatties to finance this years supa fatties...losing the cherry was quick and relatively painless...many thanks to Natty Dread for greasing up the pathway! Already talking about an LCC fatty reunion with Natty and Mooseknuckles...
    Golf Pro by profession...of course it is really just a thinly veiled facade to cover my full blown ski addiction. Copper is home, Vail is for pow days, Breck's new lift adds some tasty fun, always the Basin in the spring, LOVE Berthoud...BUT...the Bird is what really pops the wood...sooooo deep...and of course I am speaking strictly metaphysicallly.
    Summit newbies and out of towners happy to do a bit of tour guiding to get you off and running...let the flakes start dropping!!!

I am the Lord Jesus Christ, he who believeth in me shall have eternal life....
    I can see your house from up here