Attn Utahns/ NAC Fly Fishing tournament

Forgive the full on spam, but the NAC is holding their flyfishing tournament this weekend and there are still spots. The NAC is an awesome cause and they run a ton of great programs for the disabled. As for details check out www.utahflyfishingchallenge.org. Last year was tons of fun and this year they appear to have upped the ante including giving away a brand new Hyde. (end of spam)
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

Am I the only one who thinks ff tourneys blow ghey asshole?

No you are not the only one that feels that way, but it is a fundraiser for a really good cause. So how about we not turn this into an anti-fishing tournament thread?
    Last edited by Professor; 09-21-2010 at 02:25 PM.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    idk
    but this one and the TU jh one fly and the green one fly this week talking about catch and release fishing for good causes so I don't think raising $$$$ for fun
    is gay but to try and turn fly fishing into the good old boys bass pro tour (circus) would.
    The new hyde driftboat isn't a prize it's a raffle tickets are $20 and available through Jans mountain outfitters.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Prof you working/judging or fishin Sat?
    I was a judge last year and ended up with a couple nice park city ladies who were never evers and ended up being more of their guide instead of a judge they had fun learned a little gave some $$$ to those less fortunate so I'm not sure how that was gay but whaterz. I'll be there in the afternoon.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    The new hyde driftboat isn't a prize it's a raffle tickets are $20 and available through Jans mountain outfitters.
    Sorry if I didnt make that more clear. But it will make me less likely to dunk my fly in supercheese and salmon eggs than if the Hyde was one of the prizes for the tournament.

And just to add to the above post. You guys heading to the Green, good luck and have fun.

Edit: Skifishbum: I am competing with a buddy of mine. We had a great time last year even though we made the finals and then got skunked. Shoot me a PM when you get a chance and we can figure out how to hook up for a beer after the afternoon session. Personally I am hoping to be able to sit out the afternoon by putting up some good numbers in the morning. The weather forecast looks unseasonably nice. Good for sitting and having a beer, bad for throwing streamers

One last quick bump for some good cause spam!

I was hoping to get down for the TU tourney. In laws in town....

Have fun guys! bring back picks.

Well, no good pics since the only good fish I landed was foul hooked. My partner and I fished streamers all day even though the weather could not have been worse for that kind of fishing. But all in all a really good time and walked away with TONS of swag. Didnt hurt that my partner and I won both parts of the casting competition

I was trying to figure out which guy you were i thought you were team cobra kai but browns and boobies sounded more maggotly. I got to take a few NAC kids over to the Jordanelle + 20" hog farm and enjoy the smiles that catching fish provides. holy combat fishin clusterfuck eh? Weds weather would have been better for streamer chuckin and crowds. Anyhow props to Jans, Rivers edge, solitude fly company, smith optics and all the other spancers who kicked down swag and Flanigans & Texas Tommmys for good eats,. and those who made this fundraiser possible.

^^^ Nope, we were Blackjack Fishing club. Glad you got over to the pond though. I still want to get in there and just see the thing. Sorry we didnt hook up, but planning on more fishing this week if you are interested. Oh and if anyone is interested in a Titan Rod Vault, I now have one taking up room in my garage

Nice glad you won I know who you are now. They should have drawn prizes the opposite way and you'd have a hyde sittin in the garage
    Tu is having a river cleanup this weekend may try and make it down Sat.
    Next year we need to put a mag team togather for the green onefly comp.

They should have drawn prizes the opposite way and you'd have a hyde sittin in the garage
    I KNOW. I feel like I was robbed. Who draws the boat first?

Seriously, I feel like I got more than my fair share of swag. As for the one fly, I am hearing rumors that it got a little heated and was a bit too serious this year. Too bad if that is the case.

Yeah team cabelos brought the ringer and dude racked up 45 fish most of em planters/dinks @ the put in so the story goes. I try and stay out of the politics and either judge or guide. i'm not into hard core competiion, but enoy giving back to the ff comunity for good causes. I guided a couple great dudes from the western rivers team that were good sticks and we put some quality fish in the net and had a blast.
    Then again I told them if they were gonna take it real cereal I was gonna cut their flies off and force them to enjoy a gorgous day on the water and have fun

I try and stay out of the politics and either judge or guide. i'm not into hard core competiion, but enoy giving back to the ff comunity for good causes.
    I couldnt agree more. That is why I like the NAC thing. I dont always agree with how they run it, but both times we have had a ton of fun and look forward to next year. I do wish we would have had you for our judge though. Holy crap was ours a "talker" and the scariest wader I have ever seen. I think I worried more about having him go for a swim all day than I did about catching fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Forgive the full on spam, but the NAC is holding their flyfishing tournament this weekend and there are still spots. The NAC is an awesome cause and they run a ton of great programs for the disabled. As for details check out www.utahflyfishingchallenge.org. Last year was tons of fun and this year they appear to have upped the ante including giving away a brand new Hyde. (end of spam)
    Bump for
    National Ability Center
    and
    the pursuit of the fishes
    for a good cause
    Anybody Playin?
    Looks like 2 days this year Sept 23-24
    Fri castin comp and party
    Sat. fishin

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    Well...isn't it at Victory Ranch? Basically the head cheese-dick of getting most of us without cash to play tossed off the flowing water of Utardia? Mebee I'm wrong, but if so, I wouldn't waste a good piss on that ground. F*ck those guys and anything that happens on their "pristine" waters.
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

yeah I think the final 3 teams get to go to the ranch. But the event is a MOTHER FUCKIN FUNDRAISER for kids with diasabilities, and most of the people fishing or judging have spent hours
    of time trying to fix the MOTHER FUCKIN BULLSHIT that the whole HB 80 myself included.
    This is my 3rd year judging Ive never been to the ranch to watch or judge the finals but taking disabled kids to the hog pond and putting them into fish is great

Thanks for bumpin the threads on a good cause. Even if if it was just to ramble about the fucked up way UT politics are handled.
    Please consider kickin down a donation to the nac. and the furkid and I hope 2 C you at the next hb80 rally on the capitol steps I MUST HAVE MISSED U YOU LAST FEW

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    Yeah, the cause is great...my beer addled mind reacted to one of the main things that really pissed me off in the last couple years (insert economy, Utah politicians, blah, blah, blah). I shouldn't have ranted on it when it comes off tarnishing a great cause. Good on ya SFB and all the other folks for volunteering for the event over the years. I'm just a fat, bitter, old bastard, who stuck his shit covered shoe in his mouf last night.

Anything that benefits a cause like the NAC should be supported!

But HB 80=
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

my dog and i agree

there is a good thread Lonie started about being a lobyist against the hb40 right to acess waters to the high watermark
    please bump & put victory ranch tirades in that thread
    if I do go up this year to judge the finals I will piss on the 18 green
    4U
    BRO

sfbump it

lookin for a few more judge/guide volis for Sat
    Let me know if you all want to pool $$$ for a ticket for the Hyde drift boat drawing.
    Volis should get comp tickets but it's not my show
    Contact Wis @ Jans if you can help.
    hopefully I'll be helping nac kids hook up @ the Jordanelle +20" hog farm again this year