Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nils/Plakespear

Nils/Plakespear

Hard to believe it's been 3 years this week since we lost such a great friend. Not sure if a thread went up or not. I've thought about Nils a few times over the past few weeks. Just wanted to make sure we all give him a shout out and also remember to make a few extra pow turns this season just for him. He'll be smiling somewhere!

http://www.myspace.com/plakespear

Thanks Dave...still missing Nils, and thanks for putting up the remembrance.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Here Here

cheers, buddy!

had a great time hanging out at Crystal, Baker, and Whistler with ya
    remembering how happy you were climbing the King, skiing the Arm, and getting a drink at Tommy's.

PBR, dbt, and pow turns for all....

follow your bliss

Missing you, buddy.

hey Speedfreak- just got the wallet pic you mailed me last week. Thank you thank you! (hug) Really meant a lot.

Whoa, we were just talking about him tonight. Three years goes by so fast.

Wow. I cant believe it has been 3 years!!!! RIP Nils!

jerr is offline Underwater trapeze artist
    I only knew him, from thousands of miles away, over the internet, but I miss seeing his avatar and words.

Edit: and I loved his spirit/guts
    Last edited by jerr; 09-20-2010 at 04:44 AM.
    Nine out of ten Jeremy's prefer a warm jacket to a warm day

Does anyone know if anything ever happened with the Normalcy project? Was looking forward to that coming together.

Three years? Boy, time flies.

We may be over the pond but Roo and I were gutted when he died. We had the pleasure of meeting him at the Jackson summit, still smiling post fractured pelvis!

True guts.

xxx
    Monty Python's version of the cougar phenomenon:
    "This is a frightened city. Over these houses, over these streets hangs a pall of fear. Fear of a new kind of violence which is terrorizing the city. Yes, gangs of old ladies attacking defenseless, fit young men".

I was just thinking about Nils a couple weekends ago when I took the roof box out of storage and saw the memorial sticker placed prominently on the back.

We miss you buddy.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Nils but I always felt a connection to him both through this community and through his hometown, which was also the home of Scotch Valley ski area, a hill I skied on quite a lot as a kid. And my best friend in Japan had a son come to the US as a high school exchange student and where did he end up living for a year? Yep, South Cortwright, Nils' home town. So whenever I think of skiing at Scotch Valley, or the mags who were close to him, or my friend Toshi, I also think of Nils. RIP. A good man done gone but he lives in all of our hearts, even those whose lives he touched without ever meeting.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

how strange - I was just thinking about Nils this morning. Remembering how active he was right up until the end, and how he never gave up hope. He's missed.
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

FKNA, Nils. Are you sure you can't get a kitchen pass or something and maybe post again? Just one more time....

imperial haute route, april 2008

Missing you buddy

It's no small coincidence that I was thinking about Nils this week as I was going over the ski gear inventory. I found the bindings I grossly overpaid for in the auction we had for Plakespear back when we hoped for a recovery (best money I ever threw away). Losing a young person with so much to live for was tough. Anyway, I just thought on this anniversary of that sad occasion, I'd make a post to his memory, and a request...

Moderators, please close his account and delete all the spam there. It's just wrong.

I'm bummed to see the spam there...but I like to see his account here. Like I can't delete his name/number from my phone. It's comforting to see it there somehow. I still miss him, a good dude gone way too soon. When the air gets a chill, I always think of him.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Wow. What a sweet dude. It was like he posted here one day and was gone the next. It broke my heart to see the fear in his eyes before he went in for that last treatment. Peace, Nils. Miss ya, buddy.

I was thinking of him just days ago not knowing it was three years to the week. Times like this remind me how much this place has meant to so many for so long.

RIP, Nils.

One Love for one of the original mags. I only spoke to him on the phone but his heart was loud enough here.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

bklyn is online now who guards the guardians?
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.