Page 289 of 465 FirstFirst ... 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,225 of 11608
    Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    the car's in port authority heading up to magic after work with three buddies for tonight and tomorrow night. staying at the gentian room 4, knock if you want beers. hope to meet some of you tomorrow, red arcteryx on head 88's, although those praxis sound tempting...

finally timed it right, so nice!
    As an owner of 195's, those are tempting like water is tempting to a sailor Lost At sea. and at 325 for sticks and clamps.... If I were you I would be rolling up to Magic with $325 in my pocket. But I am a slut when it comes to skis...

A few thoughts- that if you followed on twitter and check on FIS you'd already know.
    1. Heavist snows snow far have been in central greens and high peaks. as the storm pivoted a convergence zone set up right over the peaks sparking upward motion and heavy snows.
    2. A heavy band is poing to roll east at the tail end of the storm starting with the cats and high peaks. Spiking snowfall rates back up to 1+ inch/hr
    3. Going to stay all snow where it's snow now (pretty much).
    4. Storm will wrap up tonight with likely widespread 10-12 in the high peaks, 12 around stowe, 12-14 in the central greens.

It has been heavy here all day. 9" on the deck at Magic, but it is compacting a little. Skiing has been silly good.

That's a lovely accent you have, New Jersey?
    Heading to somewhere in the cats tomorrow, likely solo. Anyone staying south and not heading to Magic?

My dilemma...I have a voucher to Hunta that needs to be used up by this weekend but I really would rather go to Pkill or possibly try out Hickory.

Edit: I cant read a map...Hickory is more than I want to drive for a day so its either Pkill or Hunta, praying for a dip in the snow line!
    Last edited by Irishexit; 02-25-2011 at 01:01 PM.

A Hunter voucher has got to be worth at least a 2 pounds of hair gel and a jagerbomb. Do the trade, choke down the jagerbomb, sell the gel and use the proceeds to go to pkill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Hope everyone gets the goods somehwere this weekend........be safe and party on......
    always forward but never straight

Jay was pretty underwhelming today. I skied from 1230 to 2:30 and there was mabey 4-5" on top of very hard, crustyness. Wind was minimal. Loud turns all around for the most part though. Its nuking here still and hopefully will keep it up all night.

Quote Originally Posted by dumpy View Post
    A Hunter voucher has got to be worth at least a 2 pounds of hair gel and a jagerbomb. Do the trade, choke down the jagerbomb, sell the gel and use the proceeds to go to pkill.
    2nd ^^^ Still prez weekend and Hunter will be fnkn packed. Make the trade with a guy named Vinny in the parking lot and head to Pkill. Lionel's heavy band is moving through right now. We've got around 9" of cement thus far and the wind is starting to crank. Whatever you do, get out there this weekend because Monday could suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishexit View Post
    Heading to somewhere in the cats tomorrow, likely solo. Anyone staying south and not heading to Magic?

My dilemma...I have a voucher to Hunta that needs to be used up by this weekend but I really would rather go to Pkill or possibly try out Hickory.

Edit: I cant read a map...Hickory is more than I want to drive for a day so its either Pkill or Hunta, praying for a dip in the snow line!
    Dude, thats a no brainer any weekend. Unless you can get to Hunter midweek. I was trying to sit out this weekend to give my knee a rest. Im thinking Platts tomm myself.

Quote # 69!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    ML, based on the radar I have seen all day it should be quite good at Hickory. As long as there was a base to start. I have wanted to check that mtn out. If you go, let me know how it is.
    They definitely came into this storm with a very good base; very deep and dry. I am sooooo tempted to head up there tomorrow!
    If it's too loud, you're too old

Just started really coming down hard again after steadying a bit. The bowl had about 10 when i left.

Quote Originally Posted by thin cover View Post
    Just started really coming down hard again after steadying a bit. The bowl had about 10 when i left.
    Woulda been great if not for the massive crowds

Did you ski the powerline/poma line?

Have not been twitting as the skiing is so good. My observation is this.....

Lots of quiet woods in these parts. Wind was blowing lightly but hard to tell the direction, seemed like a cirkel gerk of directional change.

Get after it bitches.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^^^ Straight up $$.
    Super stoked to tour tomorrow, especially since I've been sitting in front of my computer all day, staring down at my notebook full of matrices and vectors, trying to figure something - anything - out. FML, it might as well be greek...
    Oh well, tomorrow's a ski day!

addit: We're up to 9" here in Norwich. After it's been calm for a few hours, it seems to be picking up again, at least slightly.
    go Go GO!

18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Any NYC mags headed up to the Catskills tomorrow AM?! Cars in the shop and really want to shred this storm. Willing to pay for gas and beer.

PM if someone can help a brotha out..
    Thanks

Roughly 6" of cream cheese density snow in Concord NH, stopped snowing for now but looks like another wave coming on the radar. I'll be at Cannon tomorrow, green marmot jacket and head monster 88s. Careful on the roads for those coming up from the south, def. iced up a bit out there.

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    i dont suppose there is any hookup to be had for some tickets to magic tomorrow? housemates want to ride there again and check out the torchlight parade.

george was deep today above and below treeline. skied 6 laps from ridge while the storm puked on with favorable winds. got the middle of exit gully to run full track. love ski cuts. skiers left gully variation was boot top bliss for the remaining 800 verts. trail out was sublime. zero other souls up high.....................per usual.

glad to see so many of y'all getting after it!

SKITHAEAST!

rog

'the mother hips' anyone?

magic once again delivers the smiles. place was excellent today. although the lines were kinda bumming me out.

laseranimal

NJFreeskier getting ready for tomorrow. patrol kept everyone off of upper black line today. should be a fair comp. good luck ya'll.
    Last edited by buttahflake; 02-25-2011 at 04:00 PM.
    crab in my shoe mouth

i think we are going to be at hickory tomorrow- magic might have to wait until sunday- maybe see some of you folks. STOKED.

Yeah Sunday @ Magic is the plan for me too. See y'all there!

That's a lovely accent you have, New Jersey?
    Quote Originally Posted by NmbrdDays View Post
    Dude, thats a no brainer any weekend. Unless you can get to Hunter midweek. I was trying to sit out this weekend to give my knee a rest. Im thinking Platts tomm myself.

Quote # 69!!
    I agree, it wouldnt be a consideration if it wasnt free plus the fact that I've been charging it to the game way too much this month...With that said, Pkill tomorrow Blue DNA jacket on Vicik's.

^^NJFS

Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam09 View Post
    Love the sticker you got there.
    Thought you might.

MRG was pretty outrageous today. Had to be 8"+ by closing, very silky stuff.

Binaural Head will be at Magic tomorrow

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    matt going huge