Page 86 of 465 FirstFirst ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 11608
    So I'm planning on taking some sort of Avy course around MTW in mid/late december. Does anyone have any recommendations for which guiding outfit would be the best to work with?
    Thanks
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    So I'm planning on taking some sort of Avy course around MTW in mid/late december. Does anyone have any recommendations for which guiding outfit would be the best to work with?
    Thanks
    http://www.chauvinguides.com/avycourses.htm

Mark is the best around.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

BUMPSKIER AND BLUEBIRD...its all about genetics and your kids got some good genes there awesome stoke , just awesome.......He looks comfortable already......As a ski mom....UR HOT and a good mom......glad it was a great first day for you and Blue bird........DOWORK AS WELL....
    always forward but never straight

yea, congrats bumpskier and blubird...little one indeed looks like he'll take to skiing

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    that'd work, have binders or not?
    oh yeah, the whole set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    seconded. I took my avi 2 with him last winter...

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Thirded... I was actually in the same class as you.

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    Thanks
    Might be a slim time of year for snowpack at the rate we're currently going, but here's a summary of the ne avy instruction scene:
    http://avycourse.blogspot.com/2010/0...e-options.html
    Then again, just ditto what everyone else already said re Marc Chauvin.

Quote Originally Posted by bumpskier View Post
    Got my just turned 2 year old out on skis for his first time today. It was unreal. He is an animal. After a few practice runs outside the base lodge he was ready for the magic carpet!! I had no idea we would come anywhere close to the carpet today. This little dude is unstoppable. I am SO psyched to be a ski mom.

He's got the walk down. (in fact he can walk better in his ski boots than some adults I've seen)

Some "practice" runs

Pssshhh, I am totally ready for the Magic carpet mom. And rocking Carharts. That's right..bringing a little bit of VT back to skiing.

Loving it.

Straight up killing it.

Oh yeah, let's do it again. (do work giving him a lift)

He totally made a couple of turns! (probably not intentional)

Look at that form!

Great day on the slopes!! Video footage being edited as we speak.

Oh yeah, the adults did some skiing too.

Totally the coolest part of my weekend!

Skied Slowkemo both days and actually had a great time. Saturday was a little crowded but once the squall blew in, everyone disappeared and there was probably 2-3 inches of natural to freshen everything up so OG +Mrs, Otter and I had a blast ripping around although it was icy. Sunday was a ghost town with much better snow and of course the Bman skied his first turn and to see the little dude just loving it, laughing and getting pissed when he had to stop (or when someone was trying to hold/slow him down) to ride the carpet again was awesome- kid is gonna rip! He already loves speed! Totally awesome to be there for that.

I'm already in full season swing here, I just wish the snow would freakin' show up already! The suspense is killing me!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

^^ nice bumpskier. contemplating getting my just turned 2 yr old up in the next few weeks. inspiring post, thx.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    props to diamond back for great day saturday - and bonus last run of the day on east fall, trollers lifted the rope at our protest.
    Like putty in our hands, bucket Good day dodging bodies and partying... glad it to hear it cleared up a bit Sunday.

Nice pics BS, you must be so proud!! Your little dude's a natural (no surprise).
    if signatures were sausages, this would be the wurst

Who was the mag up at Belleayre yesterday with the Change sticker on the back of there car. Wish we could of made some turns. I had on a blue coat with a Blue tgr sticker on my helmet.
    "The riding never stops" Craig Kelly

nice work BS! those are longboards! giddeeup!

my season finally got started on fri with the hill opening. rode the single plank all three days...nice to get the rust off. last couple we poached and found some nice manmade creamy turns. off and running...let it snow!

jgb@etree Guest
    Thanks bumpskier. The Mrs & I have been having heated discussions about when to start the little guy on skis (he'll be 1.5 in a couple of weeks). I said we should try it this year, she insists on waiting 'till next year..

So we compromised. I was able to score a set of strap on kiddie skis and I figured I'd give them a try around the yard this winter.

I'll be sending her a link to this thread for approval to start teaching him this winter

looking for recommendations on where to stay at / near stowe for a few days around xmas? dont want to get totally bludgeoned but need a sort of comfortable place also (wife dont ski etcetera). thanks.

lemmycaution... are you asking for recommendations, or offering recommendations?
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

jgb@etree Guest
    Top Notch isn't that cheap, but I know that my wife loves their spa. May be a little late to try to score accomodations for xmas week

Quote Originally Posted by gpetrics View Post
    lemmycaution... are you asking for recommendations, or offering recommendations?
    sorry, asking for. i always have this thing where i am trying to get some good turns in and also go to a place where there is stuff for her to do as well. stowe seems good in that its a nice authentic town with iceskating etc etc. if you have any other thoughts on that also, i am all ears- she is typically disappointed and this effects my ability to concentrate on skiing. /blog.

stowehoff!

http://www.stowehofinn.com/

edit to say that if you want a place with lots for non-skier to do--whiteface, duh!
    I could go on, and on, and on...but who cares

I see. Stowe will definitely fit the bill... and that bill will be a big one

Stoweflake is very nice with a village feel to it between the spa and the restaurant, and other cool stuff in there. The Stowe Inn is almost right in town, and offers walking distance to the other stuff downtown. I've heard good things about both. I'll reiterate that I bet they're both full for Xmax
    "Whenever I get a massage, I ALWAYS request a dude." -lionelhutz

"You can't shave off stupid." -lionelhutz

"I was hoping for ice." -lionelhutz

"It's simple science." -lionelhutz

Quote Originally Posted by lemmycaution View Post
    looking for recommendations on where to stay at / near stowe for a few days around xmas? dont want to get totally bludgeoned but need a sort of comfortable place also (wife dont ski etcetera). thanks.
    Have you considered leaving her in Brooklyn? Lots to do there and it would really open up your options!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

good day at Oh-Key-Moe. today. perfect for channeling your inner Bode hard and fast very carvie.

delicious juniper, huh

nice afternoon, looking east to the big boyz.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Sad Sally's Catskills forecast for this week:

Wednesday: Showers. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 48. Southeast wind 13 to 15 mph becoming southwest. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 2 and 3 inches possible.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post

Wednesday: Showers. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 48. Southeast wind 13 to 15 mph becoming southwest. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 2 and 3 inches possible.
    Yea...some serious flooding concerns there. At least it looks seasonably cold in the long range from weekend through next 10 days thereafter.

That's a lovely accent you have, New Jersey?
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post

Wow..I guess thats why Hunta said they wouldn't start making snow till after tues/wed.