Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    DasBlunt, until you cite something meaningful for your fun facts, it's not people's personal biases at work here. You're challenging what many have people have accepted as common fact. That's fine, maybe you are right, but Galileo didn't just say "hey, you're all wrong and stupid for thinking the earth is the center of the universe". He demonstrated proof of his position.
    fair enough. until I can wade through the swarms of misinformation about it, i will provide.

I have nothing personal against smoking the ganja. Was a strong smoker/supporter of jah for 20+ years.

it just amazes me how harmless people think it is now that it is labeled a medicine again.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    it just amazes me how harmless people think it is now that it is labeled a medicine again.
    You're making yourself look stupid by posting shit like this. If you think the medicinal marijuana thing is what makes people think it is "harmless", you're ridiculously off base. First off, very few would say it is "harmless", just that it is as harmless as many things we allow that are legal. Moreover, people have this attitude based on years of experience with smoking and smokers (and with other drugs for comparison), not because a few states suddenly passed medical marijuana laws.

There is cause and effect, but it is going in a different direction than you think. Medical marijuana has become reality precisely because of people's attitudes regarding pot, not the other way around.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You're making yourself look stupid by posting shit like this. If you think the medicinal marijuana thing is what makes people think it is "harmless", you're ridiculously off base. First off, very few would say it is "harmless", just that it is as harmless as many things we allow that are legal. Moreover, people have this attitude based on years of experience with smoking and smokers (and with other drugs for comparison), not because a few states suddenly passed medical marijuana laws.

There is cause and effect, but it is going in a different direction than you think. Medical marijuana has become reality precisely because of people's attitudes regarding pot, not the other way around.
    Actually, here in Colorado, that sentiment is changing in the younger crowd, more often than not I hear the joke " but its a medicine!".

While you are correct in part due to years of unregulated experience, this is uncharted waters.

Having business where people "legally" partake has huge regulatory ramifications on both a local and state level. The second hand smoke (the premise of this shit show) issue will not go away no mater how much weed 20-60 year olds have smoked in the last 50 years.

Obviously weed does not do as much physical damage as meth, but it is just as addictive non the less.

wow the personal bias in here is staggering. defending ones own habits is one thing, but ignoring simple facts is pretty fucking lame.

Whats next, smoking weed in libraries and public places because it is "not harmful"?

much of the past information on weed is from old government models using shit weed. Now, with the potent blueberry/northern lights/smurfberrycrunch/, shit has changed.
    WAIT. YOU WERE SERIOUS ABOUT WEED BEING AS ADDICTIVE AS METH?

MINUS DEX, DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS SUCKED COCK FOR WEED?

YOU SIR, ARE AN IDIOT.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

Actually, here in Colorado, that sentiment is changing in the younger crowd, more often than not I hear the joke " but its a medicine!"
    Jong Slaughter said it better than I, but your own post says it. these people are using the joke. the fact that it is labeled "medicine" isn't driving their value judgments about weed, it's their value judgments that drove it to be labeled medicine.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Misinformation? The whole history of prohibition has been a campaign of misinformation. The Nixon administration comissioned a notorious comprehensive study on pot, but made the mistake of not "putting the fix in". The independent researchers came back with an analysis that it wasn't any more harmful than alchohol or tobacco and that, from a criminal law perspective, there was certainly no reason for it to be classified with drugs like narcotics. Nixon was furious, the report was 86'd and only a handful of copies survived and were eventually leaked out. That's right, the government's own study recommended decriminalization.

It was called the National Commission on Marijuana and Drug Abuse and was done in conjuction with the Controlled Substances Act of 1970. Look it up, Das, while you are wading through all that pro-weed "misinformation."

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Misinformation? The whole history of prohibition has been a campaign of misinformation. The Nixon administration comissioned a notorious comprehensive study on pot, but made the mistake of not "putting the fix in". The independent researchers came back with an analysis that it wasn't any more harmful than alchohol or tobacco and that, from a criminal law perspective, there was certainly no reason for it to be classified with drugs like narcotics. Nixon was furious, the report was 86'd and only a handful of copies survived and were eventually leaked out. That's right, the government's own study recommended decriminalization.

It was called the National Commission on Marijuana and Drug Abuse and was done in conjuction with the Controlled Substances Act of 1970.
    NIXON=DOUCHENOZZLE

THAT'S WHY THE MIDNIGHT EXPRESS DUDE GOT BUSTED SMUGGLING HASH.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

Jong Slaughter said it better than I, but your own post says it. these people are using the joke. the fact that it is labeled "medicine" isn't driving their value judgments about weed, it's their value judgments that drove it to be labeled medicine.
    While neckdeep is stuck in the 70s with some brown weak ass shit, I will state clearly; the perception is changing only because of the new label among younger people.

14, 15, 16 year old kids should not be burning fatties during school. while it may effect everyone slightly different, no one could defend the effects as conducive for certain types of learning.

Getting stoned creates too many tangents and focus is impaired. Great for art and music and language, but not for much else, individual mileage may vary of course.

While neckdeep is stuck in the 70s with some brown weak ass shit, I will state clearly; the perception is changing only because of the new label among younger people.

14, 15, 16 year old kids should not be burning fatties during school. while it may effect everyone slightly different, no one could defend the effects as conducive for certain types of learning.

Getting stoned creates too many tangents and focus is impaired. Great for art and music and language, but not for much else, individual mileage may vary of course.
    before you were talking about current attitudes and now you're talking about some future change. You're a moving target as your ideas get challenged.

before you were talking about current attitudes and now you're talking about some future change. You're a moving target as your ideas get challenged.
    My example is Colorado and weed as "medicine".

The perceptions have/are/will change because of the label. It is legal here now. Attitudes, actions are changing because of it.

My best example is second hand smoke. Next best is younger kids perceiving now that it is a medicine, that it is less harmful.

Maybe you misunderstood?

Meh, you are getting hysterical now. Following your "logic" we should ban hard liquor because it is more potent than beer or wine. Just because you can drink 100 oz of beer, does it follow that you would want to try and drink 100oz of whiskey. It is merely a matter of dosage.

Of course, underage kids shouldn't be "burning fatties at school". They shouldn't be drinking vodka there either but our government has no qualms about allowing the sale and taxation of vodka to adults.

Look, we get it. You are worried about your kids. That, however, is your problem and your fears shouldn't dictate how the rest of lead our lives nor does it make your cheerleading over some poor fuck getting busted and doing time any more palatable. Now, do you get it....

Meh, you are getting hysterical now. Following your "logic" we should ban hard liquor because it is more potent than beer or wine. Just because you can drink 100 oz of beer, does it follow that you would want to try and drink 100oz of whiskey. It is merely a matter of dosage.

Of course, underage kids shouldn't be "burning fatties at school". They shouldn't be drinking vodka there either but our government has no qualms about allowing the sale and taxation of vodka to adults.
    Alcohol has a whole other argument. The culture is different and the day after effects are also different. The mental effects are completely different. You need to get a grip.

This country is on the road to medically legalizing the most potent form of cannabis. Those studies used a far less potent version that what we burn now. First, can you understand that point? The conclusions would be different had they used the good shit.

No one is saying cannabis is Cocaine, so calm down.

But second hand smoke does trigger positives during drug tests for jobs where smoking weed is illegal for good reason. second hand smoke can get you high, which is my point and my 3 year old daughters point.
    Last edited by DasBlunt; 09-17-2010 at 04:27 PM.

No, but someone is saying cannabis is worse than meth!

YOU'RE SAYING WEED IS METH, NOT COCAINE........

WHEN THOSE STUDIES WERE DONE, THEY HAD HASH WHICH IS COMPARABLE TO WEED OF TODAY. KEEP DIGGING.

Alcohol has a whole other argument. The culture is different and the day after effects are also different. The mental effects are completely different. You need to get a grip.

This country is on the road to medically legalizing the most potent form of cannabis. Those studies used a far less potent version that what we burn now. First, can you understand that point? The conclusions would be different had they used the good shit.

But second hand smoke does trigger false positives during drug tests for jobs where smoking weed is illegal for good reason. second hand smoke can get you high, which is my point and my 3 year old daughters point.
    dude, you just gloss and move on. You never address anyone's point. Potency is merely a matter of dosage. If its stronger, use less. Duh.

Alcohol is different. It sure is. Unlike weed, incorrect dosages kill. Long term heavy use kills. Depressants impair moral judgement and promote violence. But you don't have an issue with that? The longer we continue this, the more you are looking like you don't know shit about much of anything. Chemistry, psychology, sociology and raising kids might be too much for you.

dude, you just gloss and move on. You never address anyone's point. Potency is merely a matter of dosage. If its stronger, use less. Duh.

Alcohol is different. It sure is. Unlike weed, incorrect dosages kill. Long term heavy use kills. Depressants impair moral judgement and promote violence. But you don't have an issue with that? The longer we continue this, the more you are looking like you don't know shit about much of anything. Chemistry, psychology, sociology and raising kids might be too much for you.
    you are 35, still live at home, play shooter video games, listening to death metal and smoke tons of weed, don't take your sexual frustrations out on me.

Or, you are 35, divorced, 2 abortions, sit at home play shooter video games listen to death metal and think you know everything and hate everyone....chicken shit.

Or you are a chiropractor?

No, but someone is saying cannabis is worse than meth!
    reading comprehension ftL

These are called "ad hominem" attacks. That's latin for "to the man". They are used when someone has no valid points to make and can only throw stones at his opponent in frustration. I do listen to death metal....so what? I play shooter games over at a friends house sometimes and yeah, I think its fun way to kill a few hours on a rainy day off. I'm actually older than 35. I don't care for kids too much, so no I don't have any. Just because you made a baby didn't make you any wiser, that's for sure. It seems to have made you hysterically fearful about nothin. I live in Paradise (right on the base of the tetons) and get to fish and board deep pow damn near all I want, so no, I'm not frustrated, I'm happy. Not being tied down to kids like you is a big plus in my book. I work in the fishing biz so I get to do something I love for a living. I don't hate everybody and I'm not the bitter tool who started a thread celebrating some poor guy going to jail. Sittin at home, maybe today(wakeboarding plans failed), but you racked up more posts in eight months than I have in two years....so who sits around more? Tomorrow I'm doing a canyon float on the South Fork. What are you doin? Something domestic? A job you hate? Well don't take your frustrations out on the rest of us.

Like I said, you don't seem to know shit about anything and you certainly don't know me.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 09-17-2010 at 05:31 PM.

you are 35, still live at home, play shooter video games, listening to death metal and smoke tons of weed, don't take your sexual frustrations out on me.

Or, you are 35, divorced, 2 abortions, sit at home play shooter video games listen to death metal and think you know everything and hate everyone....chicken shit.

Or you are a chiropractor?
    Yay for ad hominem
    I am pretty sure Jong Slaughter can make a good case on you out of what you said

reading comprehension loss for all here.

fucking serious issues.

^^^^^and so he throws in the towel....guess he went to ask his old lady to give him his balls back for the weekend.

Das, take some time and reflect on what has been said here. All of your points have been clearly refuted. Someone disagreeing with you is not attacking you personally which, for some reason you have felt the need to do to others.

If you insist on coming back with more off the wall facts, please have something to back them up. Comparing marijuana to meth is just obscene. Clearly state your arguments and there can be a civilized debate. Every time you are challenged you come back with another anecdote. What is your position? Pot is bad? Pot should be 100% illegal? Please clarify.

His final position was if medicinal weed was legalized we'd all be out blowing it in his family's face and ruining their lives with dangerous second hand smoke. It didn't really seem to merit an answer. There are laws about public intoxication. Lots of towns will bust you just for walking down the sidewalk with an open beer so I couldn't figure out his concern. Maybe he can't either. Booze is legal but when was the last time you saw someone drinking Old Crow at the library? And the funny thing is if I just had some weed I'd probably gone next door and played some MW2 with the slackers instead of messing with his head all afternoon. It's the sobriety that makes me an ornery SOB.

most charged weed discussion in weeks, thanks guys.
    nice pics dbs