Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A JH Summit Proposal

I hearby move that the Magnion Collectif consider the proposal of setting up a fund that would faciliate the attendance to the JH Summit of those further down the dirtbag end of the fiduciary spectrum.

There's quite a few people going. If some of us chipped in a few scheckles, we could spansor a member of the collectif at least as far as covering air fare to JH. From there floor space shouldn't be a problem and perhaps if TGR were able to demonstrate our complete lunacy to the right people @ JH, we could get some deal on lift tickets.

As far as the receipient of the brotherly love, I have an idea, but I think it's more important that someone should be spancered.

So, consider the motion.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

agreed, i'm in if we can get this together.

I won't be attending the summit, but I'd be happy to throw a few $$ at a Summit Scholarship Fund.
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

I'd get kinda antsy about paying for somebody to ski who already likely gets twice the days I do per year. I'd have to be convinced they were a deserving case.

-Edit - Although I could make an exception here. A more deserving and generous candidate you'd be hard pushed to find.
    Last edited by bad_roo; 11-18-2004 at 01:11 PM.

I have someone in mind, but let's see if we can get the nickels together to do it. I'd be in for $100. Anyone else want to step up?

Quote Originally Posted by Spew
    what happened to hitchhiking?
    It's a bit of a swim for some.

North of South, South of North, West of East
    I'm in, but I can't quite match BH. $20.
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

$20 is a killer amount. If half the attendees sacked up to that amount, that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen
    $20 is a killer amount. If half the attendees sacked up to that amount, that would be awesome.
    I'll throw down $20 too. I added this link to the Summit thread, buster.
    "College degree. Good job. Big house. We all make mistakes..."

www.lizmarshall.zenfolio.com

We need to get a paypal account set up for this. I think that would encourage participation and actually get funds going.

I've heard that I'm not even half the man that buster is, but I'll put in half anyways. $50.00 it is. (and I think this fund if it grows could be used to get somebody out here, and maybe go towards helping out others, or become an entertainment fund).

f

I'll throw in $20 as a non-attendee.

However, I would like to see a selection of the winner from a public set of nominees. Not saying that that isn't what Buster has in mind, just want to see that my money goes to the most worth person by the group's concensus.
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Quote Originally Posted by Telenater
    I'll throw in $20 as a non-attendee.

However, I would like to see a selection of the winner from a public set of nominees. Not saying that that isn't what Buster has in mind, just want to see that my money goes to the most worth person by the group's concensus.
    May I make a suggestion? Only those that contribute get to vote? While I'm all for the Demograbbic process in general, it's not really fair to allow those that aren't pitching in to vote.

8/158 == 5% ? 95% passive lurkers?

i'd potentially chip in a $20. Having done it twice now, t-shirts and plakespear, it also wouldn't bother me terribly much to play paypal guy and to deal with the transactional stuff if no one else will...although I'd just as soon have it be someone else's turn too.

Whatever, keep me in the loop anyway...
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

Kewl, Clitus. You be da bonker, err banker.

I think we need to have a goal of at least $600. Less than that won't do much in the way of making the option of attending available.

So far we've got $230.

Since we've more or less agreed on some sort of vote to determine the beneficiary, we should set some sort of guidelines for the eligible.

1) Contributor of stoke and good vibes on the board.
    2) Is not going w/o support.
    3) A devotee.
    4) Definitely available, no constraints about not attending.

Other guidelines?

8/158 == 5% ? 95% passive lurkers?
    I keep writing a reply then delete it because it sounds like I'm being an ass. I will definitely contribute, but only if I can go to the Summit, and that isn't certain yet. I don't want to add my amount to the tally and then back out.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD
    I keep writing a reply then delete it because it sounds like I'm being an ass.
    This problem doesn't stop most of us. Don't let it stop you.

I'll be the banker guys. I'll get paypay setup today (might be late today) and post how to donate. Yossarian has already played this role a couple times, lets give em' a break. (however if my feeble mind can't grasp paypal you may get a pm)

North of South, South of North, West of East
    I'd rather send a personal check since between Christmas, UT, and JH (not to mention season passes and outfitting my kids) my CC's are taking a beating these days. PM me with an address and I'll send the $$$. I just came in from a day long shopping excursion with my wife ; on the positive side afterwards I did get to go to my local shop and we mounted up some tele skis for Mr Stinky's son, and the Red Bull rep came by and somehow we came up with some vodka too, and I got a new helmet, and the skis look good, and Oh, I'm still in for $20. Lemme know what I need to do.
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

I'll see your $100 Mr. Highmen.. I'm in for this round as well. I have fond memories of my dirtbag ski bum days.. though i feel sorry for my buddy that i left my subaru with.. the back of that car will never be the same

This group has made for so many wonderful experiences, its the least i (or we) can do to give back and make it happen for one of our own. I have a funny feeling this is going the be the summit of all summits as well!

OK, Paypal is setup. Just go to paypal, get an account if you don't have one, and send the funds to fred@tetongravity.com

PM me so that I know you sent it and so I can add you to be eligible to vote.

If you choose to mail a check (and I would suggest you just use a debit card, same thing) send it to:

TGR
    c/o Maggot Fund
    PO Box 352
    Teton Village, WY 83025

Now....who are the lucky candidates???

I'm going to nominate Mulletizer. Hard core, spreads the stoke and bro love and loony enough to take the whole winter off to hang in La Grave.

The need is there. The passion is there and so is the free time. What's RT Geneva to JH?

I'll kick in a few bones, but it might have to wait until after Xmas to make payment. $115 parking ticket in NYC last night...
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

Buster - fantastic idea. I can't make promises, but I will see if I can scrape together a few $ to add to the cause. I think this idea is definately worthy of
    I went out there in search of experience. To taste, and to touch, and to feel as much as a man can, before he repents.

Exclamation

The need is there. The passion is there and so is the free time. What's RT Geneva to JH?
    Just to throw out a frickin bone here: GVA-West Coast flights are a sphincter-enlarging $2200+.

(Disclaimer: High Season pre-Jan 15)