Patagonian Summer - Long Lines POV

Hey Guys,

The Patagonian winter has finally come to a close here in Bariloche. The beginning of September brought us about 3 meters of snow in a week. It was kinda insane. No, it was really insane. I´ve never seen it snow anywhere as hard as I´ve seen it snow here. Snowflakes the size of golf balls falling at rates of many inches per hour for days. Mid storm avalanches that vaporized one refugio and left debris piles 10+ meters high in places. Screaming winds the plastered snow to the Lenga forests and their dripping mosses in ways and angles that I still don´t understand.

We harvested all that we could from the big snows and got some pretty vicious perma-smiles in the process. Not long after the storms stopped, the heat came and like that, it switched from full-on nuclear winter to warm easy going springtime. As soon as that pollen laden spring air hit my nostrils, I twitched and my brain automatically switched to summer mode. I am currently undergoing my quest to salvage the remnants of the California summer. I really need to surf. I´m dying to hit my favorite cliff diving spots in the foothills. And yes, there better still be some girls in bikinis at the lake!

Here is a short pov video that shows two of the longer backcountry lines that we´ve been skiing (before the storms). The first I call ´Little AK´ off the Zebra Chutes and the second is Tage Chute´s ´Staff Party´. After those two lines is just some fun pow skiing after the big storms.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/14939491"]Patagonia Summer - Crush A Lot on Vimeo[/ame]
    'on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me,....which is nice!

After that summer SA, you don't really deserve the tahoe chicks in bikini's.....actually maybe you do.
    Rad video by the way.

Super sweet video, I wanna go MORE then ever!

Very excellent stoke, sir

That's quite the snow chute at the chairlift.
    Awesome video
    OK, now back to shining my golf clubs

Quality POV and skiing. Nice lines. thanks for sharing this. Got me stoked!
    TGR Bureau Chief, Greenwater, WA

if it was that much fun to watch, it musta been amazing to ski. nicely done sir!

Awesome stoke, thanks, only a a month or so now ...

Just opened the thread and hit the video and thought, "that looks like the guys from Unofficial Squaw's video". Yup Yup

who knew rippin to Big pun and Fat Joe would be so satisfying!! Too early to be watching such good stoke...

And then it snowed . . . a lot! FKNA it did! Yahoo! That was tasty!

Gopher stoke all year round
    Training for Alpental

Really cool video. Not usually a fan of POVs, but that was awesome. Looks like you had a pretty awesome summer down there.

Looks like a lot of fun.

It hurts not to be there, thanks Gopher.
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

Right on gentlemen. Stoked you guys are diggin´it. It was a helluva summer with a ton of snow and a lot of good times. I´m hoping that the ski legs and the confidence stick around just long enough to roll me into the real winter that´s coming. Come on La nina!

It was really cool to see how many mags hit the southern hemisphere this summer. The culture and life and language down here is pretty sweet.
    'on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me,....which is nice!

Hell yeah buddy! that looks like a ridiculous line. So many airs

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    strong work
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

OH MY GOD....

<this comment has been censored by skier666's management team>

Most excellent
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

That was fun.Great pov and music together.A big smile on my face right now,thanks