Aviation Flyby's

Probably a repeat, but cool none the less. Some of the Mammoth mags (me being one), have seen a few of these on 395 between kramer junction and ridgecrest.

http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=19448*

If anyone can embed the video, please do so.

Enjoy!!!!
    Whoa, what you gotta say?? Whoa, girls turn 18 every day!!!
    --Vandals

cool video..seen this stuff on tahoe ridges as well. must be from sonora.

loud and fun to watch
    whatever I feel like i what to do!

Godamn that video was cool. I loved as a kid when the university of Utah played Airforce an the F16s would fly over the stadium. If you were on the top deck it felt like you were right underneath them.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

#3 was pretty bad ass. Seen that before but it still gets me how he doesn't flinch. At all.

I wonder how much separation he had.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

That was sweet. I still get goosebumps when they fly over a stadium.

Totally badass. The thing I liked about those is the speed. The fly bys at football games etc. aren't as cool because they're going so slow.

They were all great. #2 was a nice change of pace
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

yeah I guess those guys were going faster than stadium flybys. just a bit though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Driving west to ridgecrest from death valley, in panamint valley, in the 75 Datsun 280Z a few years back, in the summer, with no a/c and the windows wide open, got the ever-livin shit scared out of me by some yee-hah, i mean professional guardian of freedom, flying over me less than 100' agl. Just about shit.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I've gotten buzzed on a number of occasions fishing in the canyons around Bridgeport. Always scares the bajeesus out of me as you never hear them until they're damn near on top of you.

One of my buds went to Top Gun and his old man flew F4's in Nam. We grew up on a lake and his dad still fly's around it a lot in his T-34. One busy weekend his dad was lining up to make a pass across the lake. Suddenly, I see Steve pull in to tight wingman in his F-14 and make a very low pass with his dad in formation.
    It as quite touching and I was very happy for his dad at that moment.

Was out golfing on Sunday with telenater during the Mather air show. Having a F-22 pull a 9-G turn 100' off the deck in the middle of your backswing is distracting.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

^^^I drove down Bradshaw and parked near the end of the runway to check out the F-22 as I'd never seen one before. Mind = blown. The maneuver where he kept his nose up and crept forward without gaining altitude was ridiculous.

Fighter jets are fucking sweet. End of story. Number 2 was sweet, wasn't expecting that.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

Between Vegas and northern bumfuck Nevada I've been buzzed 2 times at mach 1+...not to mention watching live munitions from the highway!

Pretty cool area to watch if you're into that stuff.

I lived in Pasadena, CA for about five years. Every New Years day, one of my buddies and I would go mountain biking up in the local mountains before the Rosebowl parade to watch the fighters do the flyover.

The cool thing was that we were fairly high up on the edge of the canyon they came down through to do their flyover, and when they came by us, they were literally at eye-level. Talk about goosebumps, it was the coolest fucking experience ever.

Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser View Post
    Between Vegas and northern bumfuck Nevada I've been buzzed 2 times at mach 1+...not to mention watching live munitions from the highway!

Pretty cool area to watch if you're into that stuff.
    Yeah, I've seen them in wells, nv come over my head around 30 ft. Definitely weren't at mach 1+ on that though. Also camping near Promontory Point on the east side of the salt lake you can watch the bombing practice at night on the west side. Pretty Cool.

707 that low...fucking ballsier than anything the fighter jocks did. Fighters can respond incredibly fast. 707, it'll get there eventually.

Here's one of my favorites. Not above the deck, but any airline that lets you take up a 747 to cloud surf (*cough*KLM*cough*) deserves my business. Also kinda neat to see just how fast those puppies actually go.

Every book is a children's book if the kid can read it.

Probably back in '82-83, I was out canoeing on a lake in the Adirondacks and had an A10 pass close enough over head that it's wake nearly swamped our boat (or at least seemed that way to the 5 year old I would have been at that time).
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    My pops flew f-100 and f5 for the air national guard out of Fort Wayne Ind.
    I spent my summers at the grand parents cottage on a nearbye lake.
    when they needed to burn fuel or had free time he'd fire the afterburner pull a fly by or a barrel roll.
    Always remember the ya my dad could kick your dads ass childish arguements with yeah unless he's bringing death from above bitch
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

a kid that plays on the lax team i coach has a dad that is a Colonel and the AF and a pilot of F16s, We were hanging out (my kids and his kids) down by the river when they flew over, I asked Patrick which one was his dad and he said "the one that waved". Dad tipped the wings as he flew over. We all thought Patrick was cool and his dad cooler.

There was an airshow a couple weeks ago and the Thunderbirds flew over the golf course a couple of times. very cool.

I had an A6 fly over the water past my house once, he was close enough for me to look down into the cockpit as he flew past less than 100' away (my house was only 13' above the water). They also like flying low over the Sauk river, We get buzzed by at least one F18 every time we're on that river.

Rumor has it at Mammoth, that a Jet flew under the G2 gondola (right above climax), during operarating hours. If anyone can confirm, please post
    Whoa, what you gotta say?? Whoa, girls turn 18 every day!!!
    --Vandals