Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Federico View Post
    In lenght exactly the same fitting as all other new generation Dynafit boots.
    Reading back through the thread, I have a hard time believing this. The 27 titan and tlt5 length felt very different. I will go back tomorrow and try them on again, but I am pretty sure I disagree with this point.

Could you pickup your phone and snap a video when flexing both boots?

So don't need the TLT5, haven't even skied my Titans yet, but they look ohhh so nice for spring touring...

SOOOAAAHHHHH has anybody seen these in SLC yet? I want them on my feet.

Fredrico,

Over in the Wildsnow blog comment section about the TLT5 boots you said you were about to punch at TLT5 in the 6th toe/proto belows area for width, and that you would get back to us to tell us how it went. Have you done that yet? I would like to get details on what precautions you took to prevent damaging the boot, other than the standard ones used when punching AT boots, and if the proto bellows still flexes as designed after you punch that area.

Thanks, harpo
    Last edited by harpo-the-skier; 10-01-2010 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    Also, I found the boot to run VERY small. A whole mondo size for sure. The BSL on the 27 is 296, and the fit was very different than a 27 titan (which I fit fine). I am absolutely a 28 in the tlt5 with about a finger and a half of shell fit. The 27 had my toes curled.

For the record I ski a 27 full tilt, and would ski a 27 dynafit titan.
    I trust you, but this should not be considered universally true.
    I'm 27 in zzeus, 26.5 in scarpa F3, 27 in scarpa TX-Pro, 27.5 in flexon, and 27 in TLT5.
    every single foot has his/her story to tell.....

Tried it on again.

There is no way that the fit (lengthwise) is the same. If you drew tape from end to end, the tlt5 would be smaller in a 27 than the titan. I had a 27 titan on one foot, and a 27 tlt on the other. It might be barely shorter, but it is.

But yeah, the boot felt a little wider than the titan in the toebox (not much though), and a little taller. But I think with a standard thickness sock and a good footbed, this boot will work.

If anyone in the bozeman area is looking to try these out, or looking for information on this boot, go to northern lights and ask for jeremiah. The kid knows a ton about the boot, and is super helpful with fitting.

I felt that my 26 Zzero4 and 26 DyNA had identical interior lengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher3000 View Post
    SOOOAAAHHHHH has anybody seen these in SLC yet? I want them on my feet.
    Backcountry.com has them, I'm pretty sure you can try them on in their retail store.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Can someone tell me th BSL's of the different sizes of Dynafit boots and the TLT5 in particular?
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Can someone tell me th BSL's of the different sizes of Dynafit boots and the TLT5 in particular?
    26.0/26.5 Titan: 302mm
    26.0/26.5 Zzero: 296mm
    26.0/26.5 TLT5: 287mm, (I think I read this on wildsnow, but can't be sure).

26.0/26.5 Titan: 302mm
    26.0/26.5 Zzero: 296mm
    26.0/26.5 TLT5: 287mm,
    27.0/27.5 Titan: 312mm
    27.0/27.5 TLT5: 297mm
    28.0/28.5 TLT5: 307mm

Is that huge bsl difference due to a tech-only shell?

Just tried them on. I'm going to be a size 27 TLT5. I'm a size 27 Titan and ZZeus and sz 27 Scarpa and Garmont also.

any views on whether all that engineering around the toe box will make it difficult to punch out the shell?
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    I felt that my 26 Zzero4 and 26 DyNA had identical interior lengths.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Just tried them on. I'm going to be a size 27 TLT5. I'm a size 27 Titan and ZZeus and sz 27 Scarpa and Garmont also.
    I must be the odd man out.

Yeah, the BSL difference is because the boot is tech only. They dont need any excess length to fit into standard bindings.

Size 28 TLT performance on order.

If anyone wants to try them on in the bozeman area, they should be in before thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Arno View Post
    any views on whether all that engineering around the toe box will make it difficult to punch out the shell?
    FWIW:

I sat through a 2-day clinic regarding Dynafit's gear last week.

The TLT boot lower is "Gorillamid" material, and as reported by Dynafit peeps this material can be manipulated with heat, like a PU shell. They did not have a set temp (yet) but suggested starting at 240° and increasing as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by slobmonster View Post
    FWIW:

I sat through a 2-day clinic regarding Dynafit's gear last week.

The TLT boot lower is "Gorillamid" material, and as reported by Dynafit peeps this material can be manipulated with heat, like a PU shell. They did not have a set temp (yet) but suggested starting at 240° and increasing as necessary.
    Do you have to make any special considerations for the proto bellows?

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Does anyone know where I can try a pair on in the EC? Does anyone have them yet. Thanks.
    High adventure in latham NY near/in Albany has the TLT5 in a 26.0 - it is a super rad boot, period.
    Harvest the ride.

Do you have to make any special considerations for the proto bellows?
    To the best of my knowledge, no. As it is a separate piece, I'd think "results may vary" applies.

I'll post some info and pictures as soon as I have some time. Ciao

Quote Originally Posted by harpo-the-skier View Post
    Fredrico,

Over in the Wildsnow blog comment section about the TLT5 boots you said you were about to punch at TLT5 in the 6th toe/proto belows area for width, and that you would get back to us to tell us how it went. Have you done that yet? I would like to get details on what precautions you took to prevent damaging the boot, other than the standard ones used when punching AT boots, and if the proto bellows still flexes as designed after you punch that area.

Thanks, harpo

You are right the internal shell last of the TLT5 is slightly shorter than the titan... congratulation you felt it.. as it's approx. 1,5mm less... ;-) ... anyway both boots are made to fit very similar in lenght and so TLT5 27,5 fits as a titan due to the reduce thickness of the liner and other details.

The toe box volume of TLT5 is wider than Titan, more comfort and room is required for long skinning. Titan has a more precise/performance fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by single View Post
    Tried it on again.

There is no way that the fit (lengthwise) is the same. If you drew tape from end to end, the tlt5 would be smaller in a 27 than the titan. I had a 27 titan on one foot, and a 27 tlt on the other. It might be barely shorter, but it is.

But yeah, the boot felt a little wider than the titan in the toebox (not much though), and a little taller. But I think with a standard thickness sock and a good footbed, this boot will work.

If anyone in the bozeman area is looking to try these out, or looking for information on this boot, go to northern lights and ask for jeremiah. The kid knows a ton about the boot, and is super helpful with fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Federico View Post
    You are right the internal shell last of the TLT5 is slightly shorter than the titan... congratulation you felt it.. as it's approx. 1,5mm less... ;-) ... anyway both boots are made to fit very similar in lenght and so TLT5 27,5 fits as a titan due to the reduce thickness of the liner and other details.

The toe box volume of TLT5 is wider than Titan, more comfort and room is required for long skinning. Titan has a more precise/performance fitting.
    Its good to know I am not crazy

I think I felt it because I am right on the edge of a 27/28 titan, and there is no way a tlt5 is happening in a 27.

Stoked to ski this boots man.

And for the record (for those who might be inclined to be concerned about downhill performance, or who have very narrow feet) the extra space in the toebox (compared to the titan) fills out very nicely with a thicker footbed.

Got a pair on the way.... so psyched.

Good read, thanks for all the info mags. This thread help me make up my mind, I couldn't decide between the TLT5, the Black Diamond Quadrant or the Dynafit Titan?

And then there were two.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...