Page 99 of 110 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 2728
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

"Now which one of you cowards shit in my pants?" Probably the best single line in the entire series.

Quote Originally Posted by PassTheDutchie View Post
    I agree but, let's keep in mind: The Sopranos and Breaking Bad were tethered to reality by taking place in contemporary America. GoT exists in a world created by the wandering mind of George R.R. Martin; he's responsible for a lot of the plot points that spun out of control.
    True. But the showrunners & the writers needed to pare the source material down to a quality series. And they've currently failed. If, for example, you can't satisfactorily answer or deal with the heavy symbolism of 6 direwolves for 6 stark spawn for all 6 stark spawn don't overplay them throughout the first 6 seasons of the show only to provide crap answers in season 7 (nymeria) and in season 8 (ghost)

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    "Now which one of you cowards shit in my pants?" Probably the best single line in the entire series.
    Indeed, that was fucking rich. The whole world kinda stopped spinning for a sec there.

Finally got around to watching Ep 4 last night. I forgave a lot in Ep 3, but on this one I'm kind of with you all. Seems to me that they're scrambling to wrap up the show, and with only 2 episodes left, the writers are trying to shoehorn in a LOT in short order to somehow bring it all to some particular end they have cooked up. Thus all the idiocy we witnessed in this one.

When they just barely survived the most insane battle in all of Westeros history and Daenarys was like "We have to go fight Cersei like RIGHT NOW!!!," that's when I was like ok. Show's over. We've all enjoyed GoT over the years, but it seems that it's time has come. At least it won't be like the Simpsons with its 30+ seasons. Hoping they have something super badass waiting for us all in Episodes 4 & 5.

I guess I must just have low expectations, but I have enjoyed it. Sure there are some holes and some head scratchers but overall I'm still with it.

^^^X2
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I guess I must just have low expectations, but I have enjoyed it. Sure there are some holes and some head scratchers but overall I'm still with it.
    Yeah. I DID enjoy it nevertheless, but man. Just how many times can Euron Greyjoy keep catching everybody by surprise? Starting to realize that Dany's a total retard when it comes to tactics. She rejects everyone's advice and just presses on without regrouping, thinking things through, scouting, or even letting her men catch their breath. If she goes down, she definitely deserves it. Cersei's obviously gonna go down too. Both those chicks are pissing us all off at this point. Haha.

I'm thinking Cersei is gonna be the one to triumph in all of this. Just to piss everyone off.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    I'm thinking Cersei is gonna be the one to triumph in all of this. Just to piss everyone off.
    Well, with the way they rounded out season 1 with the beheading of Ned Stark, and then the "Red Wedding," nothing's off the table. Your theory is totally plausible if GRRM has anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Nah. We've telegraphed Jamie killing Cersei from page 1.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Nah. We've telegraphed Jamie killing Cersei from page 1.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    or Arya with a Jaime mask on.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Damn!!! Ozzyman goes all rational, mature and shit!

It occurs to me that last time Tyrion said, "please don't" in a sad, pouty voice and was denied, he strangled Shay for her betrayal at his trial.

He asked Cersei "please don't" in that same sad, pouty voice before Cersei had Missandei beheaded to spite Team Dragon Queen.

I think Tyrion kills Cersei. I just can't quite figure out how...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

^nice work

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I think Tyrion kills Cersei. I just can't quite figure out how...
    Drinking contest?

HBO's next endless, plotless, subscription generator.

I bet the final season will be particularly disappointing.

I'm going with Jon and Dany get captured and they put them up with cersei as human shields. Last dragon is dying nearby and Dany tells it to roast the lot of them. It does so with it's last dying breath. Cersei burns to death as Jon and Dany roll up to the throne room to start making deformed fire proof kids. Theory based on not reading the books nor being up to date on the show. Just would be cool to see those two use their fireproofness to end the show.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I may or may not be planning on using that line the next time it proves appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post

What about Westworld?

Yep, but oozing with the irony that he cowered through almost half the battle. He's still afraid of fire. Now time for him to kill his already mostly dead brother.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Yep, but oozing with the irony that he cowered through almost half the battle. He's still afraid of fire. Now time for him to kill his already mostly dead brother.
    Tormund said it, not the Hound

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Tormund said it, not the Hound
    I really thought they were setting him up to kill the giant. This series has a way of going against precedent or what the foreshadowing hints at. Also expected John Snow/Targarian to prove he's fireproof in the battle. Only got a little blast of dragon fire around him but not enough to establish he's fireproof too.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!