Page 98 of 110 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2728
    Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    This episode reminded me of last season when Bronn and Jaime were able to swim across a lake in full armor. All while avoiding detection from the giant army that watched them go into the water.

Too many nonsensical points to even list here.
    there were admittedly some nonsensical points in the episode, like the dragon/ships one mentioned. But as you point out, it's not like that is new, the scene you mentioned with Bronn/Jaime bothered me a lot.

Still, after the giant battle, there was going to be some uncomfortable realities that would have to be faced in this episode, and I think they handled those well. The interpersonal stuff.

By the way, Arya is inside Cersei's castle. How could she not be? They opened the gates to let the peasants in, she's there.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

not sure what the pros think or what the betting line is, but i'm leaning towards sansa gets the throne when we're done

she seems to be somewhat goal oriented for this next phase (with a lot of Baelish training)

jon seems to be floating along as if he's got no agency

danaerys seems to be transitioning to an intractable power hungry monarch (tho it seems well in character)

arya & jaime have no interest in the throne

gendry's story arc seems done?

cercei seems like she's too evil to finish up in power

tyrion & varys don't seem like they'd be in any position for any claim

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    By the way, Arya is inside Cersei's castle. How could she not be? They opened the gates to let the peasants in, she's there.
    i like this ^^^(despite the necessary time travel)

was this in the final show? Starbucks?:
    Name:  image001.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  96.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    i like this ^^^(despite the necessary time travel)
    it isn't time travel. It was clear that this episode covered an extended time period. Long enough for armies to sail and march long distances (the whole reason Cersei opened the gates was on the pretense of protecting her subjects from the imminent threat of those armies). Just because we watched an 80 minute episode doesn't mean that it didn't cover days or weeks or even months. If there was time enough for all that other stuff to happen, there was time enough for Arya to get there.

Of course, in the next episode we may get some "Arya and the Hound on their way to King's Landing" stuff, but I'm just going to assume that each thing shown isn't in pure chronological order.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    tl. ........

Sounds right; presumably with the Hound too. Little harder to sneak him in though.

And Jaime is sooooo going to kill Cersei. Probably in some brutal way with his hand. Then The Mountain offs Jaime and THE CLEGANE BOWL BEGINS!

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Sounds right; presumably with the Hound too. Little harder to sneak him in though.

And Jaime is sooooo going to kill Cersei. Probably in some brutal way with his hand. Then The Mountain offs Jaime and THE CLEGANE BOWL BEGINS!
    That would make Tyrion the Lord of Castille Rock and Warden of the West

There is just some new Dornish Prince who we are told in passing around the map cast his lot with Dany?

River Run and Highgarten up for grabs (well I guess Bronn gets one or the other, seems like a survivor).

Who rules the Eryie (sp?) ?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    And Jaime is sooooo going to kill Cersei. Probably in some brutal way with his hand.
    Maybe Jaime just tries to kill Cersei, fails/dies. Arya steals his face and comes back, Cersei freaks out that he has come back to life, then Arya kills her.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    That would make Tyrion the Lord of Castille Rock and Warden of the West

There is just some new Dornish Prince who we are told in passing around the map cast his lot with Dany?

River Run and Highgarten up for grabs (well I guess Bronn gets one or the other, seems like a survivor).

Who rules the Eryie (sp?) ?
    Doofy Stark cousin/vassal Robin Arrin is still around, I think. The Vale is his to run if and when he's old enough to put on his Big Boy pants.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Doofy Stark cousin/vassal Robin Arrin is still around, I think. The Vale is his to run if and when he's old enough to put on his Big Boy pants.

Ah for some reason I thought he was dead. I think he is a Tully by his mom, and the current Starks had a Tully momma.

All of this family relations and inbreeding is so confusing.

Jon and Dany, Tru incest love

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Ah for some reason I thought he was dead. I think he is a Tully by his mom, and the current Starks had a Tully momma.

All of this family relations and inbreeding is so confusing.

Jon and Dany, Tru incest love
    He is Catelyn Stark's sister's kid.

I think he's still alive but he's kind of been written out of the show because he's useless. I think we are supposed to presume that the Lords of the Vale are pretty much taking orders from Snow and Sansa now.

Danaerys is a moron when it comes to using her dragons logically. She's lost two dragons via moon shots...get a clue...then landing her third dragon, in Ep 3, in the middle of a field of whitewalkers where they stab the ever loving shit out of it is just reckless and dumb. As others have said, why not fly to the back side of the armada and burn all of Euron's ships? Yara is bound to come back next episode and take the fight to her uncle while danaerys sends her last dragon on some suicide mission. That thing isn't living by the end of this season is my bet.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Nice Starbucks coffee cup in the episode BTW.

For a super elite warrior Grey Worm has bad posture. He needs to die.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Nice Starbucks coffee cup in the episode BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Name:  CFiVm1eVEAA6ARh.jpeg
Views: 383
Size:  48.9 KB

HAHA

Just now watching last night's episode. Havent read the thread yet or even finished the episode, but I've got to say..

The xbow boats only face one way. Approach from behind and roast em!! WTF!!???!?!??

After I finish the episode I will read back, sorry if already stated. If not.. seriously, what the fuck. So easy!

I said something similar about the boats and how she should go around, but I find I enjoy the show more if I justify it by thinking it's a lot easier to make that analysis sitting in my bed watching TV than it would be while dodging giant spears on the back of a dragon after watching my "child" suddenly die.

No, the show isn't as good as when it hit it's stride seasons 2-5, but what show is? I'm satisfied.

Most importantly, #CLEGANEBOWL2019!!!!
    It sucks to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Just now watching last night's episode. Havent read the thread yet or even finished the episode, but I've got to say..

The xbow boats only face one way. Approach from behind and roast em!! WTF!!???!?!??

After I finish the episode I will read back, sorry if already stated. If not.. seriously, what the fuck. So easy!
    Kings landing has the walls loaded with the big x-bows . A dragon from behind wipes em all out. Come on now..

Shame.

Shame.

Shame...

Edit... read the comments. 2 instances where a Dragon behind xbows would have been game changing. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    No, the show isn't as good as when it hit it's stride seasons 2-5, but what show is?
    Breaking Bad and The Sopranos and it was because both were helmed by show runners who really loved their shows and respected their fans.

GoT and Lost are the opposite. To paraphrase Tolkien, the writers do not "honor their narrative debts". These shows suffered because the show runners padded out the mid-section of the series but then they don't pay off the viewer's patience. Elaborate backstory and mythologies were created, mysteries evolved and metaphysical elements are repeatedly brought in to drive the plot. Viewers are led to want answers. Then it all gets chucked out the window. Both shows try to perfunctorily tie off myriad plot lines and character arcs in rapid succession and come to a quick conclusion. It feels forced and it violates whatever internal logic or integrity the show was building upon. You feel cheated as a result.

So why did this happen to two of the biggest shows ever? Because, in both cases, the show runners scored bigger deals for films before they completed the show. Lindelhof got his Star Trek and these schmucks got their Star Wars. Time to face up to it. The guys who wrote this conclusion never loved this show as much as the hardcore fans; it was just their cash cow. First they milked it half to death and then they couldn't wait take it out behind the barn and shoot it when a better cow came along. HBO would have paid for the final seasons to be a full ten hours and bought another season. GRR Martin has said he feels the show came to an end far too fast. The only people who didn't want to do right by GoT were Benihoff and Weiss. As a result, this show will probably end up like Lost. Who talks about that show anymore? Does anyone rewatch Lost?
    Last edited by neckdeep; 05-07-2019 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Breaking Bad and The Sopranos and it was because both were helmed by show runners who really loved their shows and honored their fans.

GoT and Lost are the opposite. To paraphrase Tolkien, they do not "honor their narrative debts". These shows suffered because the show runners padded out the mid-section of the series but then they don't pay off the viewer's patience. Elaborate backstory and mythologies were created, mysteries evolved and a strong sense of pace was established. Then it all gets chucked out the window. Both shows try to perfunctorily tie off myriad plot lines and character arcs in rapid succession and come to a quick conclusion. It feels forced and it violates whatever internal logic or integrity the show was building upon. You feel cheated as a result.

So why did this happen to two of the biggest shows ever? Because, in both cases, the show runners scored bigger deals for films before they completed the show. Lindelhof got his Star Trek and these schmucks got their Star Wars. Time to face up to it. The guys who wrote this conclusion never loved this show as much as the hardcore fans; it was just their cash cow. First they milked it half to death and then they couldn't wait take it out behind the barn and shoot it when a better cow came along. HBO would have paid for the final seasons to be a full ten hours and bought another season. GRR Martin has said he feels the show came to an end far too fast. The only people who didn't want to do right by GoT were Benihoff and Weiss. As a result, this show will probably end up like Lost. Who talks about that show anymore? Does anyone rewatch Lost?
    Well said

Lost... Good analog. Nobody watches Lost again

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Breaking Bad and The Sopranos and it was because both were helmed by show runners who really loved their shows and respected their fans.

GoT and Lost are the opposite. To paraphrase Tolkien, the writers do not "honor their narrative debts". These shows suffered because the show runners padded out the mid-section of the series but then they don't pay off the viewer's patience. Elaborate backstory and mythologies were created, mysteries evolved and a strong sense of pace was established. Then it all gets chucked out the window. Both shows try to perfunctorily tie off myriad plot lines and character arcs in rapid succession and come to a quick conclusion. It feels forced and it violates whatever internal logic or integrity the show was building upon. You feel cheated as a result.

I agree but, let's keep in mind: The Sopranos and Breaking Bad were tethered to reality by taking place in contemporary America. GoT exists in a world created by the wandering mind of George R.R. Martin; he's responsible for a lot of the plot points that spun out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by PassTheDutchie View Post
    I agree but, let's keep in mind: The Sopranos and Breaking Bad were tethered to reality by taking place in contemporary America. GoT exists in a world created by the wandering mind of George R.R. Martin; he's responsible for a lot of the plot points that spun out of control.
    GRRM definitely deserves some blame here. He should have spent more time on finishing the books, and instead he chased the money and left the conclusion to be written by hired guns. The directors are a symptom of the problem, not the ultimate cause of it.

It's one thing to paint yourself into a corner during the writing of a book series. It's another thing to sell that half-finished story to the public.

I seriously don't believe that he will ever finish the books.

Quote Originally Posted by S_jenks View Post
    GRRM definitely deserves some blame here. He should have spent more time on finishing the books, and instead he chased the money and left the conclusion to be written by hired guns. The directors are a symptom of the problem, not the ultimate cause of it.

It's one thing to paint yourself into a corner during the writing of a book series. It's another thing to sell that half-finished story to the public.

I seriously don't believe that he will ever finish the books.
    I think it's well-documented and obvious from reading them that Martin didn't know where he was going with some of the lengthy side-plots and ancillary characters.

I don't blame the showrunners for wanting and needing to wrap things up in a hurried fashion in the last couple seasons. That's a necessity they inherited from the convoluted narrative of the books and from the reality of filming a real tv show with actors who age and want/need to work on other projects.

In any case, I enjoy the show for what it is.