Page 103 of 110 FirstFirst ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2728
    Poor Bronn. Guy put his trust in two brothers to deliver his castle. One is dead and the other will be dragon toast.

Show runners are doing SW now.

GoT Rebels S8E6 final scene spolier:

Jon: I was beginning to believe that I knew who you were, but the Dany I loved could never be as vile as you!

Darth Dracaris: Danerys was weak. I Destroyed her.

Jon: *draws a Valeryian steel lightbsaber* Then I will avenge her death!

Darth Dracaris: Revenge is not the Targaryan way, Aegon.

Jon: yes it fucking is! It's the Fucking Northern way too bitch! *stabs Danerys in the face*

And they all lived happily ever after, except for Dany who was dead... And all of her burned and disfigured victims. They were miserable.

The End.

/ultrageek
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Show runners are doing SW now.

GoT Rebels S8E6 final scene spolier:

Jon: I was beginning to believe that I knew who you were, but the Dany I loved could never be as vile as you!

Darth Dracaris: Danerys was weak. I Destroyed her.

Jon: *draws a Valeryian steel lightbsaber* Then I will avenge her death!

Darth Dracaris: Revenge is not the Targaryan way, Aegon.

Jon: yes it fucking is! It's the Fucking Northern way too bitch! *stabs Danerys in the face*

And they all lived happily ever after, except for Dany who was dead... And all of her burned and disfigured victims. They were miserable.

The End.

/ultrageek
    Simpler than that.

Ghost Yoda appears next to Bran in his next scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Geek alert: Game of Thrones on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    My $0.02 is Jon kills Dany because she didn't hold when the bells rang. Drogon goes berserker when momma dies and kills everyone and everything in Kings landing. Nobody sits the throne, all are dead.

It has been said that we're not going to like the ending. This seems like a solid fuck you ending.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    This feels possible. Maybe we are led to think only Yara Greyjoy survives, but then she gets torched too. Drogon burns the shape of a chair into a mountainside and sits on it, credits roll.

Vegas odds still have Bran in the lead, followed by Sansa and the rest of the Starks
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 05-14-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Simpler than that.

Ghost Yoda appears next to Bran in his next scene.
    I was thinking something more like this

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    I was thinking something more like this

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 304
Size:  718.0 KB

Episode 6:
    Opens with Tyrion being executed.
    Jon Snow ends the series having never known anything. Seriously, he knows nothing. He will go north and be reunited with his wolf.
    Sansa is a lady who will be ruler of [at least] the North
    There really is no one left to kill the dragon. Dany may be overthrown and exiled to Dragonstone where will will live by herself with severe mental problems.
    Arya winds up with Gentry....somewhere
    Sansa and
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

As usual, Ozzy Man nails the synopsis.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Breaking Bad and The Sopranos and it was because both were helmed by show runners who really loved their shows and respected their fans.

GoT and Lost are the opposite. To paraphrase Tolkien, the writers do not "honor their narrative debts". These shows suffered because the show runners padded out the mid-section of the series but then they don't pay off the viewer's patience. Elaborate backstory and mythologies were created, mysteries evolved and metaphysical elements are repeatedly brought in to drive the plot. Viewers are led to want answers. Then it all gets chucked out the window. Both shows try to perfunctorily tie off myriad plot lines and character arcs in rapid succession and come to a quick conclusion. It feels forced and it violates whatever internal logic or integrity the show was building upon. You feel cheated as a result.

So why did this happen to two of the biggest shows ever? Because, in both cases, the show runners scored bigger deals for films before they completed the show. Lindelhof got his Star Trek and these schmucks got their Star Wars. Time to face up to it. The guys who wrote this conclusion never loved this show as much as the hardcore fans; it was just their cash cow. First they milked it half to death and then they couldn't wait take it out behind the barn and shoot it when a better cow came along. HBO would have paid for the final seasons to be a full ten hours and bought another season. GRR Martin has said he feels the show came to an end far too fast. The only people who didn't want to do right by GoT were Benihoff and Weiss. As a result, this show will probably end up like Lost. Who talks about that show anymore? Does anyone rewatch Lost?
    On point as usual
    Education must be the answer, we've tried ignorance and it doesn't work!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Well in all fairness I think her stylist got decapitated in the previous episode.
    Funny

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    to my mind, it's a bit of a fail when you have to explain what was intended after the show...
    This. Come on, it didn't make any sense. Full fail.

Yes they have put the Dany Jon showdown up for a while but.... Grrrrr so ham handed.

What's their faces fucked up.

Don't know who said it, but put Jon snow in a leather jacket on water skis. Just admit it people.

I really hope they somehow tie it together because right now there are a lot of people who loved the show and and lot of good work by the actors and everyone else in production

My wife is pissed Cerci wasn’t killed by one of her
    Brothers.

Hasn’t there been flashbacks and the prophecy that predicted all Cerci’s kids would die and she would be killed by her brother. Isn’t that the reason she hated Tyrion the whole series? She thought he would kill her?

Then she just died hugging her brother by a bunch of rubble.

Pretty off plot, even for this season’s standards.

So Jamie hugged her to death; prophecy fulfilled.

Sort of.

I mean just a little mercy strangling before the rubble hit would of closed out a plot line. But no.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post

It was obvious to me Dany was going full psycho on Kings Landing. She had been wanted to do it from the beginning. This is nothing new to her personality. Her advisers were holding her back. But, Missandei gave her the go ahead with her last word being "Drakari". Remember Dany torched the Dathraki leaders alive to claim their command. She torched Sam's brother & father. By the time of the attack she had so much blood lust, she wanted to destroy everything/everyone. She wanted to show Cersei her power. Cersei thought she had all the power when she blew up the Sept of Baelor. The real fire queen showed her that was nothing.

I liked how they threw in the exploding caches of wild fire during the strafing runs
    This is spot on. Although it took me aback a little at first, after some thought I think the destruction was totally within the Mad Queens character arc. She's always been ruthless.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    As usual, Ozzy Man nails the synopsis.

This is not a bad review by Ozzy Man, fairly insightful and makes me kind of reconsider my earlier position

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nStick View Post
    This is not a bad review by Ozzy Man, fairly insightful and makes me kind of reconsider my earlier position
    Totally. Non-sarcastic, heartfelt and rational. And obviously a GoT groupie - dredging up that Maester reference to poison being only for cravens, women and ...... EUNUCHS, to reinforce the little bird report about Dany not eating (the poison that Varys placed in her meals).

Note to current US government admins: keep dragons away from mad king Trump.

I found that episode disturbing
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

She had also just pretty much been dumped by Jon Snow/Targarian whatever.. lost one of her children and lost her BFF girl..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

The 2 or 3 ....or more....prequel shows will keep this cash cow franchise going for a decade or longer....plenty of time to answer all the origination myth questions ..i.e white walkers..children of the earth..dragons..building the wall... Westeros Starbucks locations..etcetera
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...d-15735797.amp
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    She had also just pretty much been dumped by Jon Snow/Targarian whatever.. lost one of her children and lost her BFF girl..
    This. And her BFF man too.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I don't think the Mountain is dead. If the dagger in the skull didn't do it, why would a 1000 foot fall, covered in flaming rubble?

Also, he kinda looks like Darth Vader when the helmet comes off.
    Jus sayin.

And please, one more plot twist for Arya.

Maybe Bronn takes it all after the war. Including Sansa.
    Tyrion becomes his Hand...

Bran shall get nothing and like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I don't think the Mountain is dead. If the dagger in the skull didn't do it, why would a 1000 foot fall, covered in flaming rubble?!
    Just for fun, assuming the Mountain is about 150kg, and the fall is about 150m, it would take him about 5.5seconds to fall the distance, with a speed of impact just under 200kph (terminal velocity, more or less), with that impact imparting more than 220000joules of energy. I think it is safe to say that with those numbers, his soft tissue was sufficiently pulverized at impact to prevent any further motion of his skeleton. But hey, there’s dragons and undead wrights in this fantasy, so fuck Newtonian physics

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post

But hey, there’s dragons and undead wrights in this fantasy, so fuck Newtonian physics
    That's what I meant, more or less succinctly...

Are you BCClegane?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Are you BCClegane?
    I’m much more handsome than that dude. And a better skier.