Page 89 of 110 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2728
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    cocktease... nothing happened but reunions and talking... nobody died... again... we've burned 2 eps for that... get on with it!!!
    Hey now, Arya got some action. Good for her.

Snoozefest episode. Mostly filler.

Agreed on the snoozefest as far as action goes, but that just sets up the next 5 episodes to be intense. However, there were some good laughs in this episode, Tormund, the hound and arya, etc.

The war is here, no more room for filler.

Meh.
    Dany is pissed at Tyrion. Jon advises Dany of the facts of life, and Dany doesn't seem to take it too hard.
    Arya gets laid.
    Greyworm wants to get laid.
    Sansa sticks up for a Lannister and hugs Theon.
    Winter is in full force and is on Winterfells footsteps.
    With Theon providing protection for Bran, things are looking bleak for the 3 eyed raven.

Nada from Cercei or Bron.
    Next week, we can expect at least 4 or 5 major characters to die and join the Dark side.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Haha. Jokes on us. We waited years for an explanation of the Night King's motives. We were told by the book fans that Martin doesn't do fantasy cliches. We were assured Martin is not the writer to be telling a trite tale of Good vs mindless evil.

Just sayin', Tolkien came up with a much better explanation of evil than that weak sauce we were just served. We got a throw away answer that does little to nothing to explain the "why".
    It felt to me like they were leaving the door open for Martin. Brief explanation of what the Night King wants to do, but no in-depth analysis of why. Kind of a quick gloss-over for a television series that has too many other plots to wrap up in 4 episodes, but vague enough to leave the door open for Martin to give a better reasoning. Maybe I'm just too much of an optimist.
    It sucks to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Dany is pissed at Tyrion. Jon advises Dany of the facts of life, and Dany doesn't seem to take it too hard.
    L oh FUCKING L!

Dany wanted to slap Sansa for saying she wanted an independent North, but couldn't finish the conversation
    (and Sansa highlighted that Dany had "plan for after" other than she assumes everyone will bend the knee)
    Dany just had the rug of her life's goal pulled out from under her by Jon/Aegon and didn't get a chance to react because the conversation was interrupted (didn't seem to care about incest)

If Dany, Sansa, and Jon/Aegon survive the battle, there will ba reckonings.

At least Jorah realizes that Tyrion is the only person capable devising a strategy that has a chance of cleaning up a post-conquest mess.
    Last edited by Summit; 04-22-2019 at 10:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    It felt to me like they were leaving the door open for Martin. Brief explanation of what the Night King wants to do, but no in-depth analysis of why. Kind of a quick gloss-over for a television series that has too many other plots to wrap up in 4 episodes, but vague enough to leave the door open for Martin to give a better reasoning. Maybe I'm just too much of an optimist.
    Precisely what I was thinking too. I think Martin went on hiatus to give the show space to be its own thing and also so as to not have it compete with his writing. Running competing story lines at the same time could be counterproductive in several ways. But still..."endless night"? A real eye rolling pause in what I thought was a great episode when combined with the last. These first two episodes (same director) were essentially a single 95 minute prelude that was cut into 50 and 45 minute halves for broadcast. Yeah, we all want to see the action but, imho, the emotional moments felt earned after such a long journey. These characters are bonded through a mix of shared trauma and guilt, for the most part, and that needed to be acknowledged. It completes their character arcs and if it wasn't there, it would have been a shameful disservice to all the character development that the show invested in.

Dany just had the rug of her life's goal pulled out from under her and didn't get a chance to react because the conversation was interrupted (didn't seem to care about incest)
    I think she reacted enough. As did Aegon; it was all in the eyes. Aegon tested her motives and she came up short. He looked into her eyes and he did not like the anger and suspicion he saw. The disappointment in his eyes was there for us to see. He no longer trusts her.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 04-22-2019 at 12:47 PM.

I was surprised there has been zero from Varys. Then again, what is the spymaster going to say at this point? From the preview, it just looks like he's going to be a cuck and die in the crypts without even a good line this season. That's a disappointment. He was such a great and well written character to fizzle out like this. At least Littlefinger went out with some drama and plot advancement. I do have a secret desire that Varys escapes the battle to return to Kings Landing, gets close to Cersei and kills her for the good of the realm.

I'm going to be very disappointed if the night king reanimates the dead in the crypts. Such a massive plot-hole and collective mistake by everyone in Winterfell, and a low-road for the writing. But they made such a point out of mentioning it that I think it's likely. Or maybe we're overestimating the number of bodies in the crypts that will need to break out of their tombs and they'll handle it. Either way it's a weak and shitty plot device.

I did love that Tormund rolled into the room carrying his own 40, immediately followed by the story of his name. I'd watch a series of the life and times of Tormund Giantsbane. Would be entertaining as all hell.

Arya was awesome. Drinking with the Hound and Berrick, and then bailing with 'If I'm going to die tomorrow, I'm not wasting my time with you shits, I'm gonna go get laid. Hey Gendry, how YOU doin?' <-- ROCK ON ARYA.

If Dany, Sansa and Jon/Aegon survive, I could see a split kingdom happening, the North ruled by Jon, the South by Dany. I don't see Dany totally stepping aside for Aegon.

Are we starting an episode 3 death/survive/zombify pool? I think it's time.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    But still..."endless night"? .
    Bran hasn't exactly been a fountain of deep and meaning explanations about his powers, the history of things, or much else. Just roll with it and hope the GRRM lives long enough to write out the details beyond the basic bitch explanation.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Geek alert: Game of Thrones on HBO

Bran is yet to use his abilities to help the good guys thus far. Am I missing something here? Bran is not on their side. The Lannisters may reveal something about that soon, at least they’re inquisitive with him.
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 04-22-2019 at 11:33 AM.

On a lighter note, Arya's boobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    I'm going to be very disappointed if the night king reanimates the dead in the crypts. Such a massive plot-hole and collective mistake by everyone in Winterfell, and a low-road for the writing. But they made such a point out of mentioning it that I think it's likely. Or maybe we're overestimating the number of bodies in the crypts that will need to break out of their tombs and they'll handle it.
    Think about it. There's been two fresh burials in the crypt in about 25 years. One came home in this little box. With his head cut off. The other is Rickon and he's never been a threat to anyone. If he gets out, he will probably just run in a straight line until that little girl shoots him with an arrow. Everyone else is probably a bit powdery by now.
    Name:  SilentSistersNedsBones.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  71.2 KB

^^^ Agreed. Even if the fresh ones came back, they do need to claw their way out of the tombs without any help.

That's doesn't mean they won't use it as a stupid trope and make it into something. Again, it would be very weak writing. I'd be happy if they just made some noise and added to the atmosphere of terror, and they left it at that.

Maybe the knight king will hit the crypt first via some tunnels, Winterfell is slaughtered by its own dead women and children.

I thought it was excellent.

The claustrophobic night before battle atmosphere was a welcome relief from just throw more CGI and dragons at it bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Are we starting an episode 3 death/survive/zombify pool? I think it's time.
    Brienne, Pod, Jaime, Grey Worm, Jorah, Beric, Lord Royce and all the other lords except Lyanna Mormont, the combined armies and Drogon will die by the end of the battle.

Dany will be turned into the Night Queen but she will not be "zombified". Most of the wights and their White Walker captains will have been destroyed, which will give survivors a chance to make a run for it but the Night King will reverse this victory by turning Dany and raising Drogon along with the fallen soldiers of the alliance to form a new army.

Rhaeghal might die but I suspect Aegon uses him to escape the fall of Winterfell.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 04-22-2019 at 02:05 PM.

^Brutal
    But
    Reasonably likely

How does Ghost just show back up with no mention of where he’s been for 2 seasons? Oh well glad next week will be the battle.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    And all we get is Arya side boob?!?
    If theres one character I did NOT want to see naked, its Arya.

I was just thinking... Theon forfeited his claim and backed Yara... Aegons terms could be the North remains independent

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    If theres one character I did NOT want to see naked, its Arya.
    Exactly
    Now... Sansa... Even my wife said "couldn't we have seen Sansa instead?"

Has Sansa ever been in the altogether on the show?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Sometimes, when I’m really high, I read this thread. And I laugh. Grown men talking about dragons and wizardry, you guys are fucked!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Has Sansa ever been in the altogether on the show?
    I think the most of Sansa there was on screen was when Joffrey ordered her stripped down in the throne room.

And I'm growing to think the Night King will be a no-show at Winterfell. He wasn't in the lineup at the end, and the dragon wasn't there either. He's got something else up his sleeve, and I don't think it's going to be a straight up fight.

I think the most of Sansa there was on screen was when Joffrey ordered her stripped down in the throne room.

And I'm growing to think the Night King will be a no-show at Winterfell. He wasn't in the lineup at the end, and the dragon wasn't there either. He's got something else up his sleeve, and I don't think it's going to be a straight up fight.
    There's a theory out there that he will go decimate Kings Landing first since his one dragon might be undergunned for an ultimate fight with two dragons, but not against conventional arms, ships & maybe wildfire... & no evidence that cercei is making dragon glass weapons