Page 108 of 110 FirstFirst ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 2728
    This is what happens when you cram 25 episodes worth of plotting into 12 actual episodes. Liked the Sansa finish, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Holy crap, you nailed it! Did you have access to a leaked script or something?!
    He might not have but I had a friend send me this on 5/10. Warned me it was spoilers so I didn’t look at it until the end of last nights episode. I’m surprised it didn’t get more traction.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2861.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	283173

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

this piece I thought got it https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...me-of-thrones/ it's that the story style being told changed between season 1-6 (more sociological) and seasons 7-8 (more campbellian hero bullshit) and the writers sucked.

the sucking writers shown again in this episode with their pacing. I would have been fine if Jon knifes Dany, Dragon torches the throne, credits roll, end series. Or it would have been a great end to a shorter episode, and if they wanted to tie up loose ends have another episode afterwards. speaking of which the loose ends were mostly silly and useless imo with the dumbest characterwise being independent unleader Arya suddenly captaining a ship to explore. sure, whatever the fuck.

anyways good riddance to linear dribbled out Tv. probably the last scripted show I'll ever watch this way again.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Holy crap, you nailed it! Did you have access to a leaked script or something?! Wow!
    No. As you can see, I did not really nail it. I said Jon kilIed Dany because she threatened Sansa but it was more of a she threatens everyone sort of thing. I said Jon would refuse the throne; nope, he got formally banished. I said Sansa would refuse the throne in the south but she was not offered it. So, I thought Tyrion and Davos would put Bran on the throne purely by default, not in some big final council scene. I said Arya might settle down with Gendry. I totally forgot about the dragon. Never saw that corny ass throne melting body snatching thing coming. Nope. That final small council scene was corny fan service too. They damn near kicked down the fourth wall when Sam breaks out the book. Real face palm moment.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    I said Jon kilIed Dany because she threatened Sansa but it was more of a she threatens everyone sort of thing
    Well, I mean, this was the turning point of Tyrion's conversation with Jon. He mentions Sansa and Arya (what about your sisters?) and that convinces him. So same difference, I say you got it right.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    this piece I thought got it https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...me-of-thrones/ it's that the story style being told changed between season 1-6 (more sociological) and seasons 7-8 (more campbellian hero bullshit) and the writers sucked.

the sucking writers shown again in this episode with their pacing. I would have been fine if Jon knifes Dany, Dragon torches the throne, credits roll, end series. Or it would have been a great end to a shorter episode, and if they wanted to tie up loose ends have another episode afterwards. speaking of which the loose ends were mostly silly and useless imo with the dumbest characterwise being independent unleader Arya suddenly captaining a ship to explore. sure, whatever the fuck.

anyways good riddance to linear dribbled out Tv. probably the last scripted show I'll ever watch this way again.
    sometimes i think people in yemen and syria have it hard, and then i read something like this that puts it all in perspective, i'm so sorry for your struggle. it must have been really difficult watching that television show.

how do people get so worked up over a show?

No. As you can see, I did not really nail it. I said Jon kilIed Dany because she threatened Sansa but it was more of a she threatens everyone sort of thing. I said Jon would refuse the throne; nope, he got formally banished. I said Sansa would refuse the throne in the south but she was not offered it. So, I thought Tyrion and Davos would put Bran on the throne purely by default, not in some big final council scene. I said Arya might settle down with Gendry. I totally forgot about the dragon. Never saw that corny ass throne melting body snatching thing coming. Nope. That final small council scene was corny fan service too. They damn near kicked down the fourth wall when Sam breaks out the book. Real face palm moment.
    you should go for a walk man, it's just a tv show

Quote Originally Posted by grapedrink View Post
    I dunno, why the fuck did you waste some of your day trolling fans of a stupid show on a useless leisure sport website? yes it's dumb, so's skiing, so's talking about stupid shit and 99% of human existence. now, stop trying to read minds over the internet and take a lap.

sometimes i think people in yemen and syria have it hard, and then i read something like this that puts it all in perspective, i'm so sorry for your struggle. it must have been really difficult watching that television show.

I guess the thread title "Geek alert" doesn't give anyone a heads up what to expect here?

The motion picture to come surely will have Greyworm getting ahold of the dragon and reigning down terror on all of them.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

You must be the life of the parties, huh?

Seriously. If you haven't been keeping up, fine, but GoT is probably one of the biggest TV cultural phenomenons of my lifetime. Was at a work meeting last week and it was really fun hearing everyone discussing it. People who I never would've guessed would be into the show.

It's silly. It's fun. It's been a hoot to debate, review, disagree, agree over about SOMETHING that isn't politics these days. That's it. Now quit being such a wet blanket and join the rest of the party. Haha.

Ha. Says the guy with nothing better to do than piss on people talking about a show he supposedly doesn't care about. Do us all a favor and go help those people in Yemen.

.....too much Shakespeare and not enough Tolkien, I thought. I griped about exciting stuff happening off screen. Now, at the end, I'd have gladly traded back a few million$ in CGI for some more character development.

I found this interesting. Seems to hit the nail right on the head.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...es/?redirect=1
    I thought Martin's interview on 60 minutes was interesting:

"....They (Benioff & Weiss) knew the books cold and convinced Martin that if HBO signed on, they would make an epic, cinematic television series that was true to his story.
    George R.R. Martin: I knew that none of the conventional networks were ever gonna put this on, not without taking out all the sex and 97 percent of the violence and making it a kiddie show that was on at 8. I wasn't gonna let that happen.

HBO agreed, seeing it as a series about much more than just dragons and occasional magic.
    George R.R. Martin: If you have a story that is about the human heart in conflict with itself, about these very basic human emotions, about love and ambition and greed for power it doesn't matter if there's a dragon in it or if it takes place on an alien planet, or if it takes place in Faulkner's Mississippi.
    Anderson Cooper: Human stories are human stories.
    George R.R. Martin: Human stories are human stories, the rest is just furniture."
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Name:  IMG_1846.JPG
Views: 347
Size:  75.1 KB

How the fuck does the crippled kid get around all the stairs in the red keep?

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I guess the thread title "Geek alert" doesn't give anyone a heads up what to expect here?

The motion picture to come surely will have Greyworm getting ahold of the dragon and reigning down terror on all of them.
    Grape drink had too much grape drank

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post

Chaos is a wheel chair accessible ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Hodor?

Drogon?

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    this keeps coming back to me. This is likely the last appointment TV show. Everything else in bingable right? Aside from Sports.
    what else are you watching and then waiting a week for the next episode.

Thats hudge.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Chernobyl. Tonight, 9pm. Episode #3

Yaaaawn

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Chernobyl. Tonight, 9pm. Episode #3
    For sure, if you want to see what real actors can do with a great story, tune in. Jared Harris, Emily Watson and Stellan Skarsgard are so organic, nothing is forced. I tried with GoT, but other than Peter Dinklage, the acting sucked.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Seriosly tho, Bronn as Master of Coin?
    WTF why would he want it, he is done fighting has his kingdom and everything

and why would you appoint him? Guys, lets find the least educated one of us, the one who only got this far from being good with a sword, a real mercenary, that guy should control the purse...

Yeah. Good times
    I think this was meant to be a parody of modern politics.

this keeps coming back to me. This is likely the last appointment TV show. Everything else in bingable right? Aside from Sports.

Thats hudge.
    Theres still quite a few shows that dribble out episodes one per week. Too. numerous to mention them all.