Page 107 of 110 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 2728
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Leaked ending
    I hope GOT has the same kind of "I didn't expect that" ending.

ARTHUR: Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!
    WOMAN: Order, eh? Who does he think he is? Heh.
    ARTHUR: I am your king!
    WOMAN: Well, I didn't vote for you.
    ARTHUR: You don't vote for kings.
    WOMAN: Well, how did you become king then?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I'm guessing it'll take place in a diner in New Jersey, with Journey on the jukebox, and the ending just sort of fades out.
    Exactly
    It'll show Dany on the throne and then cut to Arya sneaking up on her but then a quick shot of Drogon sitting in the corner suddenly looking up like he sees something and then back to Arya and then suddenly Jon is over her shoulder and then back to Dany who looks up in surprise and... cut to black.

Ha.
    Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be hurried and anticlimactic.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Yes. It was all them. Dumb & Dumber couldn’t wait to finish this project so they can fuck over Star Wars legacy

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Star wars is fucked already. Nothing left of the legacy after TLJ. We get one more Clone Wars season I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

OMG it’s almost HERE!!! So excited ��

Haven’t been this excited about a tv show since... Breaking Bad finale??
    See you guys on the other side!!

Bran the Broken Muffin Man wins.
    Woopy

After the crap of the last 2 seasons, it seems like this episode was written first and the writers jumbled together that mess to get here. I can't tell if it was actually a good episode or just better than the last ones, but I'm satisfied with the ending.

Adequate resolution. GMMR could not have pulled it off.

It was all very vanilla. Kept waiting for Bran to be like “oh hey, me and drogon are going to fuck you all up now.”

Awkward democracy proposal for a cheap thrill?

All bend the knee except Sansa based on a story by a prisoner who happened to be related to the last dynasty?!? Grey Worm doesn’t slap Tyrion quiet? No upset at the new King’s sister bailing out?

And Drogon melts the throne instead of charbroiling his mother’s murderer?

Hmmm

I at least believed in the killing of Danaerys as plot-likely

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Jon kills Dani

it’s his moral obligation, and he is a man of morals
    ahem.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    I have no idea how it will end, but I’m sure not many will be pleased with the final episode. I can’t figure out what will happen with the last dragon. Maybe they will just release it and watch it fly off to the East after Dany dies (that has to happen, Dany dying). Kind of how they resolved things with the Dire Wolves - they just leave.

I predict the final episode will be really lame, like episode 4.
    Hah! I think I accidentally nailed it, right down to the dragon flying off to the east.

Wow.
    I thought it would end ambiguously. WRONG

Tied it up with a fucking bow, right down to Ghost. Well played sirs

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    After the crap of the last 2 seasons, it seems like this episode was written first and the writers jumbled together that mess to get here. I can't tell if it was actually a good episode or just better than the last ones, but I'm satisfied with the ending.
    Agreed. They definitely worked back from the ending. Spent the last "two" seasons furiously trying to get to that ending, which wasnt always great TV. But, the ending was.

Two things bug me here:

1. It would have been better if Drogon shredded Jon. He didn't serve much purpose after that moment anyway.

2. The North wouldn't accept BRANDON FUCKING STARK on the throne??? Bullshit.

Beyond that, it wasn't a bad ending, just an ending. It had to end. Some very good moments with Tyrion, Brienne, Bronn and Davos.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

8 years of this? 8 fucking years?

OK, bring on the next gen of something better.

This show goes down in history as something that changed television into movie, serial, after movie.

Bitching, moaning, disgust.

I got to hand it to that crew. Job well done.

All through the show people were commenting on Bran's wheelchair. I get that wheelchairs probably hadn't been common. They went out of their way to have lots of characters commenting about it... to say what a nice chair it was... because it was to become The Throne.

Other than that, all quite anticlimactic.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

The episode sucked balls...that is all!
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    7. Jon kills Dany when she becomes a direct threat to Sansa. Jon refuses the crown and goes north to rejoin Tormund and the remaining wildlings. Sansa refuses to rule in the South and declares herself Queen of the North. Tyrion and Davos decide to put Bran on the throne because he no longer has ambitions, emotions or even talks much and that makes him their most desirable ruler because, at this point, everyone just wants some peace and quiet. Arya either sails off to explore the world or she moves to Storm's End and makes Gendry her bitch.
    Winner.

Meh. I think the last two seasons would have played better if they had not cheaped out with shortened seasons. It wasn't as bad as Lost but there is no getting around the fact that the show was really damaged by the last season. It was like watching a sequence of loosely connected story boards. With Dany's end, the writers badly overreached for an emotional moment that they never really earned. The choices were not bad but I do not think they were adequately developed and so they didn't really land, for me at least.

The whole reason I thought Dany would become the Night Queen was because there simply wasn't enough episode time remaining for the character to make a convincing turn to the dark side. I thought such an abrupt shift wouldn't sell without the Night King turning her. I think I am right on that one. IMHO, they did not take enough time to portray Dany's tragic fall and as a result, it didn't really work. It is a shame because it probably could have felt organic with about 30 more minutes of screen time. It really annoys how we got hours of padding in Dorne, loads of pointless sexposition, two full seasons of Theon torture scenes and way too much Euron only to run out of time for a strong finish. I swear, if I watch some of those scenes again, all I'll be thinking about is how much effort was wasted on trivial scenes only to short change the big ones at the end.

After season four, I would have given the story a solid A+. Each successive season took the score down a peg until the story got so truncated that it finally finishes with a low B. Solely out of respect for the first four seasons, I wouldn't go down to the B minus. I give the show a A+ on production values; it looked awesome even in its dumbest moments. The irony is, if you go back to the beginnings of this thread, you will find me complaining that the show was long on character and too short on epic spectacle. Too much Shakespeare and not enough Tolkien, I thought. I griped about exciting stuff happening off screen. Now, at the end, I'd have gladly traded back a few million$ in CGI for some more character development.

I found this interesting. Seems to hit the nail right on the head.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...es/?redirect=1
    Last edited by neckdeep; 05-20-2019 at 08:47 AM.

^^^Everyone goes their separate ways off in to a new era.... Full length motion pictures no doubt will follow.. Give it 5 years and this will be the new Star Wars mania.. Everyone wants to know where the dragon ends up.. Jon already knows how handle it.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Winner.
    Holy crap, you nailed it! Did you have access to a leaked script or something?! Wow!

It really annoys how we got hours of padding in Dorne, loads of pointless sexposition, two full seasons of Theon torture scenes and way too much Euron only to run out of time for a strong finish. I swear, if I watch some of those scenes again, all I'll be thinking about is how much effort was wasted on trivial scenes only to short change the big ones at the end.
    Yup! Although I personally liked the conclusion, I can't help but feel a bit cheated after some of those earlier story archs just dragged on for aaaaaaaaages. Was like 3 episodes of Dany crying "Where are my dragons!!!" and freaking aeons of all the Ramsay Bolton/Reek nonsense just for all the MAJOR stuff to get utterly crammed into the finish line.

During those earlier seasons, I was thinking, ok, this must all lead up to something really big and must be super relevant, but nope! Ends up that all those little rabbit trails were nothing but minor details that were expanded upon far too long.

I was giving this season a LOT of grace, but now that you made this point, I can't help but get a bit annoyed at the show's plot development when looking at all the seasons as a whole.

I think you're missing the point that Bran has stated: you're all here because of all of the events as they happened. Joffrey/Ramsey/Reek brought Sansa to tell the other 6 kingdoms to fuck off and couldn't have happened any other way.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Agreed. They definitely worked back from the ending. Spent the last "two" seasons furiously trying to get to that ending, which wasnt always great TV. But, the ending was.
    think it was 5(?) years ago GMMR told the show runners the ending.
    Can only imagine
    Old fat guy: Soo, Jon Kills Dany cuz shes crazy and BRAN becomes king.
    B & W: whaaa, but.... Wha?!?
    GMRR :right ? total mind fuck...
    B & W but how do we get to that I mean, shit. Is he even still human and who is going to support that, I mean
    GMRR: yep, thats the ending. See you guys...
    B & W: we need to shorten the years and double the budgets...
    Last edited by Woodsy; 05-20-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Seriosly tho, Bronn as Master of Coin?
    WTF why would he want it, he is done fighting has his kingdom and everything

and why would you appoint him? Guys, lets find the least educated one of us, the one who only got this far from being good with a sword, a real mercenary, that guy should control the purse...

Yeah. Good times