Page 77 of 110 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 2728
    Everyone: "Sansa should be queen of Winterfell"
    Arya: "BUT WHAT ABOUT HER EMAILS?!?"
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    I kind of laugh about how in a show about a fictional land with zombies and dragons everyone complains how unrealistic it all is.

Some of the coincidences (uncle benji) seemed a bit forced, but I'm not going to get caught up in things like fast travel too much. It's a fucking TV show! I did here a good rule about story writing once: coincidences can get people into trouble, but shouldn't get them out of trouble.
    This always bugs me, that just because a show has fantastical elements we're not supposed to criticize things that don't make sense in the show.

We're expected to suspend disbelief for certain things in any show that is fantasy, but not EVERYTHING. For example, just because there are dragons and zombies doesn't mean it would be ok if Captain Kirk beamed down from the Enterprise.

We are given a carefully crafted world and we suspend disbelief to accept that world and the things in it. That doesn't give the writers license to then ignore that carefully crafted world, which is what they seem to be doing. And the fast travel was mildly annoying when it was armies moving all over, but we could accept that more time passed then we realized. But here, they were stuck with a VERY small window of time to be rescued. But in that time, what couldn't have been more than a few hours to a day, Gendry ran to the wall, they sent a raven hundreds of miles south to Dragonstone, and then dragons flew hundreds of miles north. It was so obviously off as to make the suspension of disbelief harder, and that's a valid criticism.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I guess I'm viewing this as entertainment and not as much a carefully crafted world that needs to live by a set of rules and laws.

Not that there's anything wrong with wanting that. It's just not what I'm looking for when I watch. The Benji thing bugged me much more than the fast travel did. So we all have our own little nits to pick!

The dragons should of torched everyone not standing on that rock.

Ugh!! if there were only a way to kill that main bad guy 100 yards away as I'm atop a fire breathing dragon and have a 2nd fire breathing dragon near.......oh well, I guess we will have to figure it out next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    I guess I'm viewing this as entertainment and not as much a carefully crafted world that needs to live by a set of rules and laws.

Not that there's anything wrong with wanting that. It's just not what I'm looking for when I watch. The Benji thing bugged me much more than the fast travel did. So we all have our own little nits to pick!
    I'm with you. I never thought it was all that carefully crafted to begin with. On the other hand, it wouldn't have taken much to indicate that they had spent more than a day or two huddled on the rock, or shown a shrouded figure on a black horse trailing the party on the way to the big confrontation.

But they'd of froze to death on that rock!! don't ask the the guy that can spontaneously create unlimited fire to keep you warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I laughed.

Hard.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    But they'd of froze to death on that rock!! don't ask the the guy that can spontaneously create unlimited fire to keep you warm.
    Tormund kept them alive with buttsex.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Fast travel was the least of the egregious plotting holes this episode. And that's saying something. And what was the whole point of Jonny Dumbfuck going to capture a wight anyway? If Dany was down enough to go save them, it renders the stupid plot pointless. As if Dropping a wight on cersei's head will win her over. Jon is the worst king of all time. His people need him, yet he spends all his time ignoring them and trying to get himself killed. If Arya had any sense, she'd quit busting Sansa's balls and stick that stupid dagger in Jonny's heart

This show has definitely Jumped the Stark and I predict all the plane crash survivors will be reunited at a funeral

Sansa's emails w fucking LOL

The show had pretty darn good internal consistency up until the last 2 or 3 episodes. Then they cocked it all up.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

^^^ Yeah, it's like the writers are freaking out because they're running out of time'money and omitting a few scenes from the storyboards

Fantasy world it may be, but internal consistency, believable character motivations, and coherent causal effects (whether by magic or might) are still to be desired.

Still fun to watch though.
    And shark's be damned!
    If anything, it's Dragon jumping that is the true measure of a man!
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Don't worry. Theon will pivot and grow into the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    The show had pretty darn good internal consistency up until the last 2 or 3 episodes. Then they cocked it all up.
    This. More action now but a lot of holes in the plot. Oh well, I'm liking Cersei more and more - I hope she roasts everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    Don't worry. Theon will pivot and grow into the job.

Who will die in season finale? What's going on between Sansa, Arya and Littlefinger? Next Sunday, one of them dies. What is with Sansa finding the masks? There has to be importance in that. When the un-dead prisoner arrives in Westerns, what will Cersei do, or not do? What about the grieving mother? How will she grieve? Hell Hath No Fury Like a Mother Scorned
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I'm sure Cersei is going to tell Johno & company whatever they want to hear as she looks out from the castle walls and see the city surrounded by Dothrak and eunuchs. Figures out how to let those guys get slaughtered in the north so she doesn't have to waste her army. Then it'll be her against the zombie horde.

My wife thinks Arya will take Sansa's face and go to Kings Landing to kill Cersei. That would be cool, but I don't see Sansa dying yet.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Who will die in season finale? What's going on between Sansa, Arya and Littlefinger? Next Sunday, one of them dies. What is with Sansa finding the masks? There has to be importance in that. When the un-dead prisoner arrives in Westerns, what will Cersei do, or not do? What about the grieving mother? How will she grieve? Hell Hath No Fury Like a Mother Scorned
    None of these peeps will die in the finale, that much is near certain. Euron hasn't been seen in a while, so good chance there's a sea battle w him and theon and both die. Other than that, I think all the major players make it thru the episode. Brean is in peril tho. Maybe cersei kills the messenger and that's jaimes final straw.

A bunch of red shirts will die, but probably not any of the major characters, they seem to have sworn off doing that.

If Brienne goes down Tormund will ..... he'll ...... cry like a baby.

Then, of course, he'll split Cersei like a wish bone and raze King's Landing to the ground with his bare hands.

Really doubt Brienne's going down. You've all forgotten the First Rule of GOT: the Big Hook/Death is almost always in the SECOND to last episode of the season i.e. dead dragon. There will undoubtedly be cliff hangers but no major character removal.

I agree with that. The penultimate episode is where everything happens. The final just sets up next season.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I agree with that. The penultimate episode is where everything happens. The final just sets up next season.
    So wait, GRRM didn't kill any major characters this season?

Prediction for S8: EVERYONE DIES AND THE NIGHT KING WINS. GRRM must take his toll

Benjen showing up doesn't seem that bad. Not much to do beyond the wall, the cell reception is terrible, might as well follow the WW army and see what they have going on. When they surround Jon & co he hangs back and looks for a way to help out. Not much he can do while they're surrounded, but after Jon climbs out the army is mostly heading the other direction and Benjen has a chance to do something.

And there was totally room for two people on that raft!

As a native Minnesotan, watching characters in movies head out into deep cold winter without hats is annoying. Totally takes me out of the story.