Page 92 of 110 FirstFirst ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2728
    Also: why did Melisandre kill herself?? and why couldn't her clothes have fallen off one last time before she did

I don't think I have ever seen more things die, and die again, in one episode of anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Ok I had a thought Arya would be the destroyer. Not exactly the way it happened but close enough. But when did she get the dagger back ?!?!?! I fucking hate inconsistent stories.

Editing sucked. Way too dark. Only could see faces for split second. But, WOW. So intense. So happy to see all roads lead to the iron throne now

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    She never lost the dagger, she gave Sansa a dragon glass knife before sending he to the crypt, if that is what you were thinking about

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Well yeah ok, living targets, but sure, I can buy her finding a way through the Wites. Still. I dont remember her being able to jump 8 feet in the air
    I suspect she was up in the tree. Maybe we’ll find out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Yeah I didnt follow that either. He was just like, yo I'm gonna go warg into my ravens for a bit, have fun with the walkers! Really thought Bran was going to have some substantial impact on that battle. Or, ANY impact.

I need some more clarity with the dagger Arya uses to kill the Night King. Watched the "in depth" for the episode and the Bran actor says it was cool because it was full circle, it was the dagger that was supposed to kill Bran. Huh??
    Cerci had tasked some assassin to kill Bran with it. Little Finger ended up with it and gave it to ??? And Arya got it. My memory is a little hazy in the middle.

Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    Wtf did bran wander off to mid show?
    “Hey, Theon, I’m going now!”
    Uh, ok, wheelchair dude...

Did anyone follow that scene?
    I figured he was just watching the battle. It's not like he's gonna be able to protect himself, so might as well see some shit.

And fuck the dark and blurry shit. How could they fuck that up? Huge miss by the editing team. Thankfully it improved after the fires got lit up.

I thought the Dothraki lights going out was one of the best scenes in the series.

I think she was up in the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Arya moves through buildings and trees like the deadly little assassin she is. I mean A Girl literally walked out of a room that had a dozen wights actively searching in it without being seen. Sneaking up on a highly distracted couple of White Walkers whose attention was very focused on Bran shouldn't have been too hard. I was looking forward to Jon Snow sword fighting the Night King, and he almost snuck up on him until the his running was heard. I liked what they did instead (except raising the dead in the crypt).

Thought the battle scenes were great... except the waves of undead were a bit too World War Zish and nobody major died. North and Dany don't have much left in the way of military forces... Northmen, dead. Wildlings, dead. Dothraki, dead. Second Sons, dead. Unsullied, dead. Undead, re-dead. Winterfell is going to be a smelly place. Did both dragons survive or just one?

So, next season we can recoup, retell, and set up to for the final battle with Cersei... then an episode winding up the battle for the Iron Throne... 1000 miles away the next day (right?)... and one episode for epilogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Cerci had tasked some assassin to kill Bran with it. Little Finger ended up with it and gave it to ??? And Arya got it. My memory is a little hazy in the middle.

The dagger was with assassin who tried to kill Bran while he was in a coma.
    Catelyn Stark brought the weapon to King’s Landing during her trip there and she gave it to Ned to find killer
    Then Neds dead , Littlefinger grabbed it and then gave it to Bran & told Bran that the dagger was the thing that started the War of the Five Kings (true, since he had told Caetlyn the dagger was Tyrions and she captures him= WAR!)

Bran has no use for it, gives it to his sister
    Arya uses it to kill Littlefinger (hoisted by his own petard) & later the Night King ( aka future seeing dude gives assassin sister a weapon that can kill White Walkers and their leader, she saves his life)

Alfred Hitchcock famously coined the term of art that applies to something that characters care hugely about, and that audiences, by extension, must be made to understand is Very Important: The Maltese Falcon, the Ark of the Covenant, The One Ring – they are all, in film studies parlance, “The MacGuffin.”

This is all by way of saying: If you think, given these new facts on the ground, that I would be even remotely capable of referring to the Game of Thrones character played by Isaac Hempstead Wright as anything other than “Bran MacGuffin,” we would do well to part ways here, you and I. I have it on good authority that there are one or two other sites recapping this scrappy little basic-cable show. Seek them out and keep their custom, because here at NPR we’re gonna be riding the “Bran MacGuffin” train all the way into the station, so just … know that.
    ^^^ lol nerds, from NPR’s recap

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    And fuck the dark and blurry shit. How could they fuck that up? Huge miss by the editing team.
    Man. So many complaining here about how dark it was. Sounds like you all seriously need some new TVs. Go get yourself one of these, rewatch the episode, and report back to us:
    https://www.sony.com/electronics/tel...xbr-z9f-series
    Game changer when it comes to dark, actiony stuff on screen. Sony REALLY needs to team up with HBO for this episode to sell some TVs. Haha.

Why the fuck should I get a new tv when my tv works fine for everything else?

Geek alert: Game of Thrones on HBO

I had no issues with the darkness. I did watch it on a fairly new TV in a dark room though

Edit: from a nerdy technical perspective, when you are the cinematographer in this scenario you create an exposure the preserves the highlights, even if t means the shadows get really dark. It’s much easier to watch than if the shadows are all brighter and the fire is totally blown out white. The whole battle is set in a scene that is probably the hardest technically to shoot in: total darkness plus a few very bright light sources with not much in between

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    North and Dany don't have much left in the way of military forces... Northmen, dead. Wildlings, dead. Dothraki, dead. Second Sons, dead. Unsullied, dead. Undead, re-dead. Winterfell is going to be a smelly place.
    Exactly my thoughts when I saw the preview for the next episode. How the heck is she going to have enough of a force after the Winterfell battle? Seems that without the Dothraki and Unsullied that she's kind of screwed. Although there might be a few Unsullied left but not many). She's going to have to seriously regroup and rethink her strategy. Coming in guns blazing may not work this time, so maybe this is where Tyrion and Lord Varys' craftiness will come into play?

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Why the fuck should I get a new tv when my tv works fine for everything else?
    Perhaps because you're whining about how dark and blurry things are on your current TV?

My TV is big, but it is a old refubed vizio model I picked up 3 years ago. So it is nothing special by today's standards. No HDR.

The battle looked great.

You have to do BASIC picture adjustment if you want to be able to enjoy dark scenes and have bright scenes still look good. It takes about 20-30 seconds to do if you know what you are doing and makes a HUGE difference, much more important than if you have the schmancy model from the schmancy brand with the schmancy features.

You may have to readjust picture settings if you are going from watching in a bright room to watching at night with the lights out. (Tune two of the TVs preset modes for exactly these situations and just switch back and forth with 2 button pushes depending)

This kinda explains it pretty easy:
    https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-set-a-tv-up-by-eye/
    https://www.techhive.com/article/207...-new-hdtv.html
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

he still has two dragons. That alone, id enough to beat down Cersei and the bank's troops. I have no doubt that King's Landing will fall. Ivy only interest is who kills Cersei, how she dies, who has sex with Brienne, who winds up as ruler of the 7 kingdom, and what happens to Dany.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    who kills Cersei,
    Dany

how she dies,
    Dany kills her

who has sex with Brienne,
    Dany

who winds up as ruler of the 7 kingdom,
    Dany

and what happens to Dany.
    See above

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    My TV is big, but it is a old refubed vizio model I picked up 3 years ago. So it is nothing special by today's standards. No HDR.

The battle looked great.

You have to do BASIC picture adjustment if you want to be able to enjoy dark scenes and have bright scenes still look good. It takes about 20-30 seconds to do if you know what you are doing and makes a HUGE difference, much more important than if you have the schmancy model from the schmancy brand with the schmancy features.

You may have to readjust picture settings if you are going from watching in a bright room to watching at night with the lights out. (Tune two of the TVs preset modes for exactly these situations and just switch back and forth with 2 button pushes depending)

This kinda explains it pretty easy:
    https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-set-a-tv-up-by-eye/
    https://www.techhive.com/article/207...-new-hdtv.html
    I watched it on a friend's new tv running the default settings and there was no contrast whatsoever in the dark tones. It looked like shit. After I got home, I rewatched the really confusing dark scenes on an older tv with the brightness dialed up and it all looked awesome.

As for the story itself, I learned a long time ago that GoT is a show of great moments. If you really want to obsess about how the show fails to consistently string those great moments together, you'll find plenty to complain about. The big battle was no different. At times, it felt like an assemblage of story boards but, wow, it did deliver quite the spectacle.

About the ending. See, what you all fail to understand is Arya mastered Littlefinger's ability to teleport himself around Westeros between scenes. After her somewhat contrived reunion and pep talk from Melissandre, she teleported into that tree. C'mon, it makes as much sense as Theon's last charge. Was that pathetically heroic or heroically pathetic? Bran should have said, "Theon, you are a good man. Thank you. Now come stand behind my wheelchair because my sister is about to jump out of this tree and pull off some magic ninja shit."
    Last edited by neckdeep; 04-29-2019 at 09:07 AM.

Cersei Lannister to Euron Greyjoy prior to the Battle of Winterfell:

"Make some popcorn, let's Netflix and chill."
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Dragons will probably die during the attack on Kings Landing from the medieval ground-to-air rocket launchers

No way Dany kills Cersei. The prophecy says that it will be one of her brothers. Personally, I hope that King Slayer becomes Queen Slayer, too.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Geek alert: Game of Thrones on HBO

Arya dons a face to execute Cersei
    Maybe Qyburn

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Dragons will probably die during the attack on Kings Landing from the medieval ground-to-air rocket launchers
    at least one, they havent shown that huge crossbow in the opening credits every episode for nothing.....