Page 1 of 110 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Geek alert: Game of Thrones on HBO

George R.R. Martin's first book in the Fire and Ice series, Game of Thrones, is scheduled as a mini-series for next Spring on HBO. I must admit, I'm a little apprehensive - hope they pull it off. I'd love to see all of the books on screen, if done well. Fantasy was of little interest for me , with very few exceptions, until these came along. Too bad George hasn't been able to finish the series.

Kinda weird that it's taking so long to come out with Dance With Dragons....

Really looking forward to the HBO Series.

Last I heard, George has a serious diabetes problem.

cant wait for this!

"Game" on this weekend... http://www.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/index.html

This is gonna be bonertastic.

Dance of Dragons was announced to be coming out in July. whether that holds true is another thing

its apparently going to be on pretty much nonstop on HBO on Sunday night and then again monday

HBO is really pounding this hard - they better come through with the goods; unreasonably high expectations.

Heck, even the WSJ has had several articles about it. Supposed to be two more books after Dance of Dragons - yeah right - it's only been 5+ years since Feast for Crows. Maybe George has been getting it all done, and will release everything once the HBO series finishes up? More likely that he's been too involved with HBO to be writing, I suppose
    Last edited by PB; 04-13-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Dance come out July 12th - seems pretty good that he'll make the date (anti-jinx)

I no have HBO.....any other ways to watch the series on the Down Low? Hula or somethign like that?

On the other hand, George does look pretty chipper in all the preview, "making of..." stuff.

the nerd in me wants this show badly and even for non nerds a show which is basically similar to the sopranos or the wire could work if they get used to swords instead of guns

And the critics love it!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I'm stoked for this. I stated reading A Game of Thrones after seeing the trailers for the show and I've been completely sucked in. Better then LOTR so far, which is one of my all time favorites. Where has this been all my life?
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

awesome! good acting and very good poductions values. A- !

and i hear it only gets better in later episodes.

cool opening sequence too.

Loved it! This will be my new sunday night routine.
    All I know is that I don't know nothin'... and that's fine.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Highly enjoyable and riveting. Further verdict awaits more episodes, WHICH I WANT NOW DAMNIT!

hey wait! something positive from the conway hate machine?

how did you get that negative image btw. i think your posts are highly entertaining, but hey im the sarcastic, spoiled proprietor of the snow for the euros thread

Kinda weird that it's taking so long to come out with Dance With Dragons....
    Agree with that statement have been waiting ages to get my hands on it. If done properly has major potential to be a classic. Just saw the previews and think its cool that HBO is taking on one of the true epic in Fantasy.

Being the read geek that I am, after all the super hero gaga the last couple of years its good to see that Studios are looking into other directions to bring some freshies to TV.

STOKED!!!!

Haven't read the book/seen the show, but the New Yorker just wrote a pretty good piece on Martin/the Martin "write the book" hate:

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...fa_fact_miller

Very good first episode. And it looks gorgeous, especially the wide landscape shots. It's been several years since I read the books, so it's nice to get reacquainted.
    Gallery || Facebook || Instagram
    Go that way, really fast...if something gets in your way, TURN!

Hugh Conway Guest
    WOOT! HBO has reupped it for Season 2 already

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    how did you get that negative image btw. i think your posts are highly entertaining, but hey im the sarcastic, spoiled proprietor of the snow for the euros thread
    yeah, but you know what big mountains, knee deep, and blower are

That kicked ass. Can't wait for Sunday Nights now.

One of my roommates was telling me about this, so I just watched the first and second episodes.... I think I'm gonna be hooked. Amazing landscapes and sets and everything, the whole show just seems to be on point.
    My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We're coming in from the north, below their radar.

This does seem very well done. Far better knights and swords drama than the Camelot series on HBO or Starz or whatever it is (although that one does have Eva Green getting her tits out every 10 minutes) don't know anything about the books but after skimming the New Yorker Article linked above is there a satisfactory cut off in the books to end a TV series or multiple seasons of a series?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

wow! the actor who plays the dwarf is incredible. i was not fully invested until this second episode. the wolf scene with the boy and his mother was intense. i'm in!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    This does seem very well done. Far better knights and swords drama than the Camelot series on HBO or Starz or whatever it is (although that one does have Eva Green getting her tits out every 10 minutes) don't know anything about the books but after skimming the New Yorker Article linked above is there a satisfactory cut off in the books to end a TV series or multiple seasons of a series?
    Each season will be a book. They'll probably split Storm of Swords into 2 seasons though, as so much happens in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    but after skimming the New Yorker Article linked above is there a satisfactory cut off in the books to end a TV series or multiple seasons of a series?
    you culd end it after season 3, but then the across the narrow sea stuff wouldn't make any sense at al