Page 86 of 110 FirstFirst ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2728
    Lots of pandering to the audience and really nothing of consequence happened, but I still enjoyed it. I am curious to see what happens with the Bran-Jamie interaction, though. Is Bran emotionless enough to not care anymore? Did Jamie still think that Bran was killed by Theon?

I'll be watching it soon. We only have streaming HBO and figured it would be sketchy to try to watch last night due to all the server traffic.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Ned Umber would disagree
    Pfft. Nobody. Now, if that was Lianna Mormont then we would have something

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I'll be watching it soon. We only have streaming HBO and figured it would be sketchy to try to watch last night due to all the server traffic.
    Lol. Yup. I use HBO Now and servers were overloaded for a while. I checked back every so often and around 10' it worked fine. Definitely not the full quality I usually get with HBO streaming, so they were definitely throttling some. Good enough to get the job done, though. Especially since there wasn't a ton going on that would demand much better.

I enjoyed the premier for sure, but like Brock said above, it was table setting. I'm ok with that. They can't get right to the epic battles or it'll be all over soon. I think I preferred the slow simmer they're doing, allowing us the chance to get back into things since it's been so long. They allowed us a moment to refamiliarize ourselves with the characters and just what the heck is going on. The way they wrote this episode, it helped tremendously with keeping us from having to marathon the last 7 seasons first. Haha.

Lot of loose ends to tie up with only 5 episodes left. My wife is a GOT nerd and is very anxious about the need for closure on the many characters.

I love the show but I don’t remember the names well.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Lot of loose ends to tie up with only 5 episodes left. My wife is a GOT nerd and is very anxious about the need for closure on the many characters.
    Better have some Valium on hand for the third episode (apr 28). If rumors are true, a lot of characters will get their "closure" by the end of that one and she might not be real happy about it.

LOL, Mrs Jong Guy is too. The other day she decided whe wants to binge the entire last season AGAIN before watching the first one of this season. I'm like... umm let me know when you're finished with that hahahaha..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Better have some Valium on hand for the third episode (apr 28). If rumors are true, a lot of characters will get their "closure" by the end of that one and she might not be real happy about it.
    Makes sense in light of all the happy happy in the first episode. One of the things I've really appreciated has been the superb maturational story lines for Arya and Sansa. Both were initially so well presented as young and immature i.e. stupid and annoying, and then slowly but surely in the face of often incomprehensible odds and trauma, survived and grew into incredibly powerful women. John Snow just got fat.

My wife had a signed George R Martin GOT book when we met, I made her sell it for cash to put towards our down payment on a house.

He’s gonna die soon, that guy is on borrowed time. Should of waited until he died to sell it.......

Dammit.

I dunno. I have a feeling they're going to leave at least a couple of plot lines unresolved (intentionally) so that when Martin FINALLY ever gets around to completing the book series, there will be more reason for people to buy the books. Sure, the TV series will probably get all the main stuff tied up, but we'll probably end up with more than a few questions, for which we'll all have to read to find out what happened!

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Makes sense in light of all the happy happy in the first episode. One of the things I've really appreciated has been the superb maturational story lines for Arya and Sansa. Both were initially so well presented as young and immature i.e. stupid and annoying, and then slowly but surely in the face of often incomprehensible odds and trauma, survived and grew into incredibly powerful women. John Snow just got fat.
    we watched the "remember" vids from ea cast member
    it's a bit of a shock to realize/remember arya, sansa & bran were very young

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    NOTHING HAPPENED.
    So little happened that I wasn't sure If I was watching the new season or the previous one in which so little happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

So you have been watching them obsessively, haven't you? I thought so!!

“How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I think Sam Tarly is a pathetic little whiner and his inbred wife and "son" (double incest baby) might be the most boring character in the show. His response to Danny should have been "executed? Good call! They always hated me and treated me like dog shit. Name me Lord Tarly as well as Head Maester please. Oh and John is your nephew but I won't tell anyone in exchange for riches."

But nooo... it's "sniffle John she cooked my asshole family! sniffle! And you are kneeling to your Auntie when she should kneel to you! boohoo! But maybe not in the bedroom anymore because ew! sniffle"

Of course Danny is probably going to say: "Incest? Targarians have always been down with that. Aunt-Nephew is not as bad as that Lannister Brother-Sister shit or that Craster father-daughter (murder sons) that got Sam his wife!"

Tyrion is not going to be very stoked when John wants to execute Jaime for the maiming of Bran, the final fracture in the North/Dragon Queen alliance?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Dead Pool:

Probables:
    Theon, Jaime, Jorah (heroically)
    Jaime (maybe heroically)
    Cersei (unheroically)
    The Mountain and/or The Hound (messily)

Possibles:
    Tormund, Grey Worm, Beric Dondarian, Podrick, Davos, Bron

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Dead Pool:

Probables:
    Theon, Jaime, Jorah (heroically)
    Jaime (maybe heroically)
    Cersei (unheroically)
    The Mountain and/or The Hound (messily)

Possibles:
    Tormund, Grey Worm, Beric Dondarian, Podrick, Davos, Bron
    is this proposed for Ep2? or by the end?
    Cersei & the Mountain aint going out next show...
    I'm guessing that the army of the dead doesn't arrive til the long show in ep3 (ep2 is closer to an hour) -- guessing big battle long scene with much death featuring your "possibles" list

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I think Sam Tarly is a pathetic little whiner and his inbred wife and "son" (double incest baby) might be the most boring character in the show. His response to Danny should have been "executed? Good call! They always hated me and treated me like dog shit. Name me Lord Tarly as well as Head Maester please. Oh and John is your nephew but I won't tell anyone in exchange for riches."
    Sam Tarly IS a pathetic little whiner. His character was specifically written as a coward. His father sent him to take the black because he was too much of a coward to carry the family name. He never had the spine to do any of what you're talking about. Watch this refresher while you take a lap

Of course Danny is probably going to say: "Incest? Targarians have always been down with that. Aunt-Nephew is not as bad as that Lannister Brother-Sister shit or that Craster father-daughter (murder sons) that got Sam his wife!"
    Dany isn't worried about babies, the witch back in season 1 took that off the table for her with the blood magic that killed her baby (well, they did in the book, but they didn't specifically mention it in the show). Sex is just for fun these days.

Tyrion is not going to be very stoked when John wants to execute Jaime for the maiming of Bran, the final fracture in the North/Dragon Queen alliance?
    Hmmmm, I like where this theory leads: humans win at Winterfell in episode 3, the alliance fractures immediately after with a new 3 way war between the Starks, Dany and Cercei. Tyrion, John, and Jamie are caught on the outside of everyone. Cycle of war continues because humans are dumb.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    So little happened that I wasn't sure If I was watching the new season or the previous one in which so little happened.
    I get why they did it but wish it was either the last episode of last season or were doing 7 episodes this season. If there weren’t only 5 episodes left I think I’d be more ok with it. I did like seeing all the story lines finally come together.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I gotta say, the 60m interview, the dyke chick who protects the stark girl, she's pretty damn easy on the eyes outta character. I was impressed. EDIT breinne of Tarth.

and the yang to that yen was the denaris taryen. the actress outta character was not nearly as hot as denaris.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    is this proposed for Ep2? or by the end?
    Cersei & the Mountain aint going out next show...
    I'm guessing that the army of the dead doesn't arrive til the long show in ep3 (ep2 is closer to an hour) -- guessing big battle long scene with much death featuring your "possibles" list
    By the End.

Don't forget the rule of Big Climax Fight in the second to last episode, with teasers in the final episode. .....
    Wait - no teasers.

I understand the annoyance for Tarley-the-Coward, but you must admit, he's come a long way. Hasn't lost any weight, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Dany isn't worried about babies, the witch back in season 1 took that off the table for her with the blood magic that killed her baby (well, they did in the book, but they didn't specifically mention it in the show). Sex is just for fun these days.
    You are right about Sam, but Dany better be worried unless she is either mad as her dad or a democrat.

What does she think is going to happen to her better world when she eventually dies with no heirs?

I'm betting that the witch was blowing smoke about her blood magic sterilizing Dany... maybe she now only works with House of Dragon incest sperm?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Dany believes the witch's curse is real and has repeated that the dragons are the only children she'll ever have. They know that periods = able to have babies, so there's a good chance she's aware of her body. She also was sleeping around in seasons 2-6. But plot magic dragon sperm may also be a thing.

And you forgot about her whole 'break the wheel' speech

Take another lap Tarley
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Does the Night King want a queen?

Will the Night King turn Dany like he did to Crasters sons? Sure seems like the show has been making her less of a sympathetic character lately and, from a writer's perspective, it would resolve the succession conflict between her and Aegon. I've been thinking there's no way that both Dany and Aegon survive.

Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Does the Night King want a queen?

Will the Night King turn Dany like he did to Crasters sons? Sure seems like the show has been making her less of a sympathetic character lately and, from a writer's perspective, it would resolve the succession conflict between her and Aegon. I've been thinking there's no way that both Dany and Aegon survive.

Discuss.
    She's the mad queen.
    But rhaegar is the night king, and i dont think hes trying to bone her, even though it is his sister. Hes going to winterfell to bring his ex back. And then jon will have to decide between killing his parents vs his human but shitty queen girlfriend.