Page 75 of 110 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2728
    Get back to me after you see the next episode. IMHO, fast travel just broke the narrative. What should be one of the show's greatest set pieces is totally marred by a nonsensical negation of time and distance. I'm curious if any of us are willing to swallow this absurdity. I am not and think it is one of the biggest disappointments in the entirety of the show.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 08-16-2017 at 12:02 PM.

If you must blame someone, blame GRRM for writing a story without an ending. He has had 7 years since the last installment was published FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Some people need to try and ruin everything!
    haha. i just thought it was funny. try to reach the people through their diversion. good luck with that.

perhaps they feel the need to finish up before Martin keels over ...... or the country goes up in flames (sorry, too much political douchebaggery this AM)

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Supposedly s07e06 was just accidentally broadcast by an HBO distributor in Europe. Don't know for sure but spoilerphobic types should probably run and hide.

Update. Confirmed. It was accidentally available for streaming in Spain. How does that even happen? Pirate links to next episode, "Death is the Enemy", are already up. 720p, video way better than the previous leak but crappy sound quality. It is in english. Huge shit happens; better hide under a rock and stay away from the internet.
    I bet they did it on purpose to destroy any leverage the recent HBO hackers had in their ransom plot.

This thread is starting to suck. Horribly. I'ma avoid it until the season ends.

season should be over next monday if the accelerating leak pace holds.

think the problem is netflix/cannibalization of cable market. people want to binge, and the drawn out season doesn't binge. Nor do I think people would stick around paying for another 5 seasons it'd take to get things done up "right". Be glad it's at least a somewhat planned end, not a Deadwood or Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    This thread is starting to suck. Horribly. I'ma avoid it until the season ends.
    So you don't think she looks like the dark crystal girl? Huh.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Get back to me after you see the next episode. IMHO, fast travel just broke the narrative. What should be one of the show's greatest set pieces is totally marred by a nonsensical negation of time and distance. I'm curious if any of us are willing to swallow this absurdity. I am not and think it is one of the biggest disappointments in the entirety of the show.
    Hard to believe the transporting can get worse than it's been.

That and the awkward handshakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by kai_ski View Post
    If you must blame someone, blame GRRM for writing a story without an ending. He has had 7 years since the last installment was published FFS.
    No kidding. Dude needs to finish before he keels over dead. I would not play the long game on that man's health.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Littlefinger was playing chess in the initial seasons. Now he is playing grade school checkers. That's a failure of the producers and he writers. He's the catalyst of the entire show. Reducing him now to soap opera plot lines is pathetic and just phoning it in.

All the subplots were foundations to bigger things previously. Now we have shit like Jaime sinking in the lake just because they wanted a cliffhanger for that episode. That's the kind of disrespect the producers are giving the viewers now that other projects are on the horizon.
    Agreed
    No longer stuck.

Wow ....... how quickly we turn.

I'm calling this jumping the ant, 'cuz it's much faster than jumping the shark.

We're fans, that's why we don't like that it appears rushed.
    No longer stuck.

The fucks shot their load on dragon cgi ($$$ well spent), and couldn't pay the writers they needed to tie all those storylines up cleanly.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

there are too many storylines to tie up cleanly. take from the genius of Madmen - sometime you meet a girl who's wonderful and perfect that you hit it off with that'd you'd love to see again, and you never see her again.

Quote Originally Posted by NoPostholio View Post
    The fucks shot their load on dragon cgi ($$$ well spent), and couldn't pay the writers they needed to tie all those storylines up cleanly.

Ha, maybe. That was pretty epic.
    No longer stuck.

The Jamie thing was soooo bad. What, they sunk to the bottom and walked a mile on the river bed in full armor? Do they reveal that Jamie and Bronn have gills ala Waterworld? I can buy fire breathing dragons, magic, the three eyed raven etc, but dont tell me theres a 15' drop off on that shoreline and then they both swim a mile away under water.

The timing I can actually forgive a bit. We don't have a scale of when these different events are taking place or if they are in chronological order. And I'd rather have them accelerate a journey than draw out the road.

^^^ Plus, if one's sneaking into King's Landing, perhaps it would be best to attempt it under the cover of darkness?

Mmmm?

Things need to get wrapped up, but the pacing felt a bit forced.
    In the past it would take days or weeks to cross the continent, and plotlines would unfold during the journey.
    Dany has Dragons, so I can buy her showing up pretty much wherever; but everyone else is horseback or on ship.

I agree with a previous poster: my first thought when Cersei claims she is pregnant was: "Liar!".
    And Ser Mormont First Queensguard, leaving the Dany the second they are reunited?
    The dude not only has a duty to guard her life with his own, but he loves her!
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

jesus i can't escape this show anywhere!

http://inthesetimes.com/article/2037...r-stark-dragon

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    jesus i can't escape this show anywhere!

http://inthesetimes.com/article/2037...r-stark-dragon
    Jesus.

It's fantasy, let's keep it that way.

Fuckin hell.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post

It's fantasy
    Hey!

No spoliers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Geek alert: Game of Thrones on HBO

I can believe that Jamie and Bronn made it downriver because there are motherfucking dragons and motherfucking white walker dead people. It's a fantasy. And having people fall into a river and get away isn't rare. The revenant won an oscar and Robin Hood Prince of Thieves w/ K Costner is a gem. Tyrion saw him...who else did? No one. Bend your expectations for a second and you won't worry that Dany hasn't fallen off a dragon, Baric and Jon are dead risen, Sam got laid, and stone men exist
    Decisions Decisions

And why didn't drogon just torch all that water and micro boil them? Sad
    #duh

Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

"Dracaris, Sou Vide!"