Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    The scene between King Robert and Cersei was astonishing.

Whoever is playing Lysa Tully is owning her being batshit insane. The breast feeding on the throne scene was creepy as shit, and the Sky Cell they threw the Imp into was exactly as i pictured it.

Hope they get back to Benjen being in the North again, soon.

Continues to be excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

First off, I've never read the books, or even knew about them until this series began, so I have no knowledge of what is coming.

We're, what, 4 or 5 episodes into this story? So where is the action & adventure? There is lots and lots of talking, yakkity yakkity about scheming. who is scheming who, who did what when, paranoid power struggles, lots of plotting & scheming. It's like a medieval mashup of Melrose Place, Dynasty, and Desperate Housewives. There are so many characters, I'm having a hard time keeping them straight. Before I get a complete grasp on who's who, more characters are introduced. Are these people even important? Who are the cocksuckers? And the wet nurse to the overgrown baby? The brother knights that fought in the jousting arena?

Seeing a guy get stabbed in the eye was kinda cool, but I don't consider one little hand to hand dispute much of fight. Where are the monsters, wizards, epic battles, blood & gore? Is there any of this in the story? Tell me this story moves beyond a bunch of people simply conspiring against each other.

Turns out, they're very good at conspiring .....

Actually, it can be confusing even in the book; I can well imagine how difficult it might be to keep up here, since, by necessity, much of the background is cut out for brevity's sake.

All I got is ... read the books.

there isn't much actiony bits until the end of the first book and then into the second. the first one kind of sets the stage

There was some action tonight. Things laid out some major unrest and some great fight scenes. The one at the Eyrie was predictable but well done.

Are those dragon eggs going to hatch?

yeah, the first book is a lot more scheming and less action. It gets really intense after the first book and never lets up, but with the same level of political intrigue.

OK i was thinking this show was good until last night...which was AWESOME! If you haven't check out the extra's on HBO.com - if you haven't read the books it helps a lot with filling in some elements of the plot.

Next weeks episode is already available on line at HBOgo.

Quote Originally Posted by hev View Post
    OK i was thinking this show was good until last night...which was AWESOME! If you haven't check out the extra's on HBO.com - if you haven't read the books it helps a lot with filling in some elements of the plot.
    Yeah, I found those very helpful. I'd never hear of this series until two weeks ago when I moved my kid to DC for an internship. His apartment doesn't have cable and he asked for our ATT Uverse account number so he could watch this geek show online.

After I got home, I watched all five episodes and all the extra's in one night!

This show is amazing.

It's going to be difficult when Season 1 ends, and there's a whole year to wait for Season 2.

^^^^ I'm planning on re-reading the books ....... 2 or 3 times

... and don't forget, Dancing with Dragons next month (or the nigger gets it in the head)

The scene between Tywin and Jaime was great - especially since he never stopped skinning the buck!

PLAY WITH HER ASS!!!

That was an interesting scene- especially since the dialogue never stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    This show is amazing.

It's going to be difficult when Season 1 ends, and there's a whole year to wait for Season 2.

Try waiting for 5 or 6 years between the books....

How could Ned Stark be so stupid to believe any of those conniving backstabbers would support him? Even after they told him they could not be trusted. Not very smart at all.

I watched the On-Demand background shorts. They helped clarify some on the confusions I had. Worth watching if you can. One thing I learned and will have to look for. The opening title sequence changes to match the story each week.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperdawg View Post
    Try waiting for 5 or 6 years between the books....

I LOVE THIS SHIT
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I'm a little disappointed with the Dothraki side of things ..... I pictured them with a little more dignity, and more far horizon vistas; loved the golden crown "coronation", though!

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    I'm a little disappointed with the Dothraki side of things ..... I pictured them with a little more dignity, and more far horizon vistas!
    The filmmakers were kind of limited with getting the Serengeti look by filming in Ireland.

Certainly you've heard of the endless sea of grass know as the Irish Moors?!? Just because the grass is only 2.5 cm high ...... and there's always emerald hell of the heather jungles!

I actually assumed Malta was the the set location for the Dothraki scenes, but then the horizon would be where the water meets the sky
    Last edited by PB; 06-07-2011 at 04:34 PM.

How about the Dothraki fight scene? Reminds me of this bar fight I had once....

Vampires on the wall now?

The dog bit off two fingers and the guy laughs? Give that a few days he wont be laughing when they cut his arm off from gangrene.

All in all good stuff. Too bad they cut short the sword fight scene with the dancing master, maybe he appears again later! Where is the little girl hiding with that pointy little sword?

Glad I never read the books, this is very well done!

vampires schmampires.

listen to the dialogue! they were dead nightwatchmen "touched by the white walkers"
    soooo.... zombie: yes maybe. but vampire?no.

and the greatjohn would laugh if they cut of his head.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post
    Too bad they cut short the sword fight scene with the dancing master, maybe he appears again later!
    His character was fascinating.

Is there more about him in the books?