Page 101 of 110 FirstFirst ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2728
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Oh, I think they’re dead; but with this show, and esp. this season’s sloppiness, nothing would surprise me.
    In the after show they confirmed that all four of them are dead.

Arya will become the Queenslayer Kingslayer^2 after she kills Dany and Jon and hands the throne to Sansa, the not yet mad at least for the time being Queen

Danaerys is queen of ashes

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    In the after show they confirmed that all four of them are dead.
    They did... and completely failed to explain why Dany decides to literally everyone except Cersei after the city yielded.

And why the troops obliged like they had the pent up rage of years of war or siege... not like this was a long siege (less than a week) or long war (couple weeks long).
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Geek alert: Game of Thrones on HBO

Her judgement had been on the slide for this entire season. She did a great job amassing an army and a terrible job using it. Throne fever had set in. They made a point to make her look ghastly and awful (but also hot) before the battle

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Her judgement had been on the slide for this entire season. She did a great job amassing an army and a terrible job using it. Throne fever had set in. They made a point to make her look ghastly and awful (but also hot) before the battle

Well in all fairness I think her stylist got decapitated in the previous episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Death rides a pale horse indeed. Danaerys is fukt.
    Nailed it.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    They did... and completely failed to explain why Dany decides to literally everyone except Cersei after the city yielded.

And why the troops obliged like they had the pent up rage of years of war or siege... not like this was a long siege (less than a week) or long war (couple weeks long).
    Yeah, really thought she was going to fly straight at the red keep.
    Troops obliged because (1) unsullied follow orders (and grey worm is mad), (2) dothraki are just keeping to form and (3) everyone else probably has a bit of rage after the whole army of dead people thingy they had to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Arya has to do it, probably wearing Tyrion’s face.

The Jamie/Cersei death (as yet unconfirmed) was lame. So much build-up for such little payoff.
    Cersei did not suffer a miserable enough passing for me. Geoffrey got a sufficiently horrible death but she basically was comforted when she got it. I would have liked to see the dragon shred her apart, then roast and eat her corpse

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Name:  download (4).png
Views: 320
Size:  647.1 KB

I liked it. I thought it was a good spectacle and keeping with how things work in that world. Peaceful transitions of power aren’t really a Westeros thing. Best episode of the season and maybe the last 2 seasons for me.

If you watched the Raiders talking after the show, you would’ve heard that they did explain it. They said basically that after losing her two best friends in the world, And her child’s dragon, that she completely lost it and went off the wall. That made sense to me. Who knows what is going to happen next week but there is still a lot of the seven kingdoms out there
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post

“How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

to my mind, it's a bit of a fail when you have to explain what was intended after the show...

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    to my mind, it's a bit of a fail when you have to explain what was intended after the show...
    intents one thing - that speaks to motivations and the thought process of the character as the writers intend it and good writing imo has some ambiguity to it. But when you have to explain whether someones dead, thats a major fail.

it is spectacle though.

But they have those after show discussions with just about every other series: Ray Donovan the last Kingdom etc. etc.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Name:  download (4).png
Views: 320
Size:  647.1 KB
    #mailingitin

What was the point of having the 2nd dragon killed via the magic scorpion bolts? Just a cheap show trick to create some doubt that Dany could lose and to give some small credence that she suddenly goes mad. Suddenly the scorpions are incredibly ineffective. Suddenly the girl / woman who has been through hell, fought hell, and then some loses it and decides to kill all the civilians.

These two fuckers are going to butcher the star wars movies. As soon as they stopped copying GRRM books the show’s plot went to shit. It just became lazy and sloppy. Nothing matters, they just make it up as they go. Reward some fans with indulgences like Cleganebowl. Only good news is that I won’t have that, man I can’t believe it’s over feeling next Sunday. It will all be, man, I can’t believe how badly they fucked up the last three seasons. This show was very high on my all time list, currently it is plummeting.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    #mailingitin

What was the point of having the 2nd dragon killed via the magic scorpion bolts? Just a cheap show trick to create some doubt that Dany could lose and to give some small credence that she suddenly goes mad. Suddenly the scorpions are incredibly ineffective. Suddenly the girl / woman who has been through hell, fought hell, and then some loses it and decides to kill all the civilians.

These two fuckers are going to butcher the star wars movies. As soon as they stopped copying GRRM books the show’s plot went to shit. It just became lazy and sloppy. Nothing matters, they just make it up as they go. Reward some fans with indulgences like Cleganebowl. Only good news is that I won’t have that, man I can’t believe it’s over feeling next Sunday. It will all be, man, I can’t believe how badly they fucked up the last three seasons. This show was very high on my all time list, currently it is plummeting.
    Does everyone forget how stupid the books got for a while? The plot was deeper because they had so much material they could dump whole fucking storylines and still have 3,000 pages of source material.

To keep plot going at the pace of the first few seasons would have extended the show but then we'd all be bitching about why it was taking so long for the white walkers to show up or why she has full size dragons but refused to attack anyone.

Oh man, this is the best I could hope for!
    God Damn boys, y’all is killing me!
    Go on Now
    crab in my shoe mouth

The reason Drogon never suffered the fate of his siblings was due to Dany. Both dragons were killed solo. If they had a rider to guide them, they stood a better chance of survival. Consider the battle of the Long Night. Even though Rhaegal was beaten up, he survived because of Jon. After that battle, when everyone started marching towards Lands End, someone asked Jon if he was going on the dragon. I forget why he declined, but Rhaegal may have survived if Jon was guiding him. Dany learned how to drive Drogon to evade and destroy the Scorpions.

It was obvious to me Dany was going full psycho on Kings Landing. She had been wanted to do it from the beginning. This is nothing new to her personality. Her advisers were holding her back. But, Missandei gave her the go ahead with her last word being "Drakari". Remember Dany torched the Dathraki leaders alive to claim their command. She torched Sam's brother & father. By the time of the attack she had so much blood lust, she wanted to destroy everything/everyone. She wanted to show Cersei her power. Cersei thought she had all the power when she blew up the Sept of Baelor. The real fire queen showed her that was nothing.

I liked how they threw in the exploding caches of wild fire during the strafing runs

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    It will all be, man, I can’t believe how badly they fucked up the last three seasons.
    Season 6 was a little sloppy but the ending was so good it made up for it. But yeah, season 7 and 8 are like WTF?

If you make a story unnecessarily complicated with no end written.. you end up with dragon experts being upset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    If you make a story unnecessarily complicated with no end written.. you end up with dragon experts being upset.
    LOL

Night King and Army of the Dead reminded me of this

Plenty of other myths along the same line of course, Flying Dutchman for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    I liked how they threw in the exploding caches of wild fire during the strafing runs
    WMD--Daenerys as Dick Cheney?

Everybody all butthurt cuz day can't whine after next Sunday.

Geek alert: Game of Thrones on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    You’re not wrong, but I’m one of those people who always watched casually and would have to be reminded of some character’s names. All I want is character and plot consistency and a tiny bit of logic. Never go full roll your eyes dumbfuck is a good general rule.

And once again, my wife and I watched Billions first this weekend... because it’s actually well written and they remain a step ahead of you vs the other way around.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.