Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

2010 Midwest Chatter Thread

I have the distinct honor of starting this thread for those of you "trapped in the Great Lakes/Midwest to get your turns this year. Here's to a great season!!! LET'S GET THE LAKE EFFECT GOING!!!

FYI: I have access to discounted Perfect North passes again this year, PM me for details.
    I still call it The Jake.

bump for a reminder that if anyone is stuck riding PNS between trips this year, PM me for discounted pass info.

Midwest "hostage" here also. Boy if it was 20 degrees colder today in Minneapolis, we'd be getting blasted like parts west. Heavy rain and winds gusting to 55 mph in parts with record low barometric pressure...

Its 60 in the UP right now.................. Oct 26. This coming friday, of last year, we got 2 feet or dumpage.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

might as well sell your gear
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Today brings back memories of the Halloween blizzard. Why couldn't this be snow. The surf on Lake Superior is supposed to be going off. Rumors of 20 to 30 ft swells.

Blizzard warnings all over ND, get after it.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I have the distinct honor of starting this thread for those of you "trapped in the Great Lakes/Midwest to get your turns this year. Here's to a great season!!! LET'S GET THE LAKE EFFECT GOING!!!

FYI: I have access to discounted Perfect North passes again this year, PM me for details.
    My sentence is up December!!!! After that, fuck ya'll I'm outta here. Here's to a good season though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Its 60 in the UP right now.................. Oct 26. This coming friday, of last year, we got 2 feet or dumpage.
    Don't be surprised if it nukes all winter up there. Yeah, its a slow start this year, but lake temps are SUPER warm, like stupid warm. Warm lakes=HUGE L.E.S. cycles in late Dec/January/Feb/March. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Quote Originally Posted by pbourdon View Post
    My sentence is up December!!!! After that, fuck ya'll I'm outta here. Here's to a good season though.

Don't be surprised if it nukes all winter up there. Yeah, its a slow start this year, but lake temps are SUPER warm, like stupid warm. Warm lakes=HUGE L.E.S. cycles in late Dec/January/Feb/March. Mark my words.

Disagree on the lake. It's colder than it was last year right now. Twas warm in the summer for sure, but temps are pretty average right now...I check them regularly because I windsurf. Checked the comparison table and sure enough...lake is the same temp.

But, I'm with ya on the big season. Warm october seems to bring the haymaker.

Hey anyone around going to be going to "The way I see it" in Detroit Saturday Nov 6th?

Quote Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
    Disagree on the lake. It's colder than it was last year right now. Twas warm in the summer for sure, but temps are pretty average right now...I check them regularly because I windsurf. Checked the comparison table and sure enough...lake is the same temp.

But, I'm with ya on the big season. Warm october seems to bring the haymaker.
    Right on...just figured since Lake Michigan is running a pretty uniform 59 degrees that Superior too would be warm. My bad. But yeah, the last time a really warm fall lingered when I was in da Yoop was 02-03? (I can't remember, I went to NMU and had A LOT of fun while I was there, and still somehow managed to escape with a degree) and that year we went over 320" in MQT. So hopefully this year will be similar for you guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Quote Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
    ...I check them regularly because I windsurf.

Then what the hell are you doing online. Get your ass out there and then send us a TR. This is hanky weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Then what the hell are you doing online. Get your ass out there and then send us a TR. This is hanky weather.

They don't make a sail small enough or balls big enough. 20 footers on superior? 10 footers scare me shitless. Doubling that is out of the question for me.

After 3" of rain its started snowing. NW of Duluth

Yes it is shaping up to be a good season, its just hard to be patiant when you have these:

and this:

waiting on the snow.

The lake was super warm this summer, but it cooled down fast, who knows though the farmers almanac is calling for "piles of snow"
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

grand rapids ski film fest

Anyone hitting up the gr ski film fest on nov 26th?

Grskifilmfest.eventbrite.com

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Our lake effect, i.e. of the Ohio River, is rain. Kentucky is always warm, except when there isn't snow. Whine, whine.

Anyhoo I shall have my new rig when PNS does get cracking and will meet you there prolly post Xmas for turns big guy. Season pass not useful for adaptive folks, not enough days available.

Quote Originally Posted by powbrewer View Post
    Anyone hitting up the gr ski film fest on nov 26th?

Grskifilmfest.eventbrite.com
    Yeah. Jason asked me to emcee this...unless we get dumped on, in which case I will bail and go skiing. For more info you can go HERE.

The TC premiere was rad. Epic Planks Ski Company and MiSkiReport.com did a great job of getting it together. If you don't have anything going on then head over to 5/3 Ballpark in Grand Rapids (MI) and come check it out. Get free stuff. Drink beer. Get stoked.

My .02 is that Michigan is going to get clobbered soon. Warm lake=Deep snow.
    Last edited by regct; 10-27-2010 at 08:40 AM.

not where the most snow was last night...
    Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    My .02 is that Michigan is going to get clobbered soon. Warm lake=Deep snow.
    We can only hope!! Ive scoped and cleared a few lines in A2 if we get enough snow.
    When seconds count...ski patrol, SAR or the cops are only minutes away...

If they call it Tourist Season, why cant we shoot them?

One more here stuck in the midwest waiting for Thanksgiving weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Bcar View Post
    We can only hope!! Ive scoped and cleared a few lines in A2 if we get enough snow.
    Right on man. I am headed west soon but you need to get hooked up with Brian this season and he'll show you the goods around TC.

not where the most snow was last night...
    Quote Originally Posted by regct View Post
    Right on man. I am headed west soon but you need to get hooked up with Brian this season and he'll show you the goods around TC.
    I know I know... Him and I have been talking about it for a while now! and talking about poaching sleeping bear. my wife's parents sold their place in CO so we're SOL this winter! evil people!! trying to line up a SLC trip btw xmas/NY, and maybe revi in march.
    When seconds count...ski patrol, SAR or the cops are only minutes away...

If they call it Tourist Season, why cant we shoot them?

Barometric pressure hit 28.21" and seas were up to 27 feet, holy fuck what a storm.

Anyone gonna be going to Snowtrails this year? I also think I might hit up Bohemia and Jay this year....

Quote Originally Posted by bushman View Post
    Barometric pressure hit 28.21" and seas were up to 27 feet, holy fuck what a storm.
    HOLY SHIT! I'd love to see photos of that or weather data on that storm. Link?

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy433 View Post
    Anyone gonna be going to Snowtrails this year? I also think I might hit up Bohemia and Jay this year....
    PM Jer for Bohemia.