Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mhenks05 View Post

Is anyone on here from around Madison?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    Wasn't me... Recently at least, those pics up ^^ that way are from that area. Was up in Big Bay "scouting" (read: getting after it on sleds in ski boots) on Sunday, saw some good stuff, need to go back and check some more stuff out, and maybe get off the sleds and skin a bit..

I heard that hairpin has been pretty good lately, things are finally starting to fill in with the snow we have been getting.
    Just make sure you stay out of the Huron Mountain Club... those fucking losers..... give us our god damned land back.

Anyways... whoever skied the line by the 510 bridge.... props, that thing is steep as FUCK.

*edit for Gnarpics*

Will be out at PNS tomorrow at around opening bell. Brown pants, black jacket and helmet, neon pink poles riding 176 lib techs, ask for change.
    Nobody listens to a fkn word fat chicks say. Nobody talks to them long enough to notice they're crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    ..who's got some more bohemia stoke?
    Same as a week ago - about 10" new. The only difference was that it was pretty goddam cold. Stuff is finally filling in. Another few weeks of this and The Mountain Of Madness (which shall not be named) should be ready 2B slayed. Anybody wanna bring their sled up there and give me a ride to the base? I don't mind skinning up, but the approach sux.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Same as a week ago - about 10" new. The only difference was that it was pretty goddam cold. Stuff is finally filling in. Another few weeks of this and The Mountain Of Madness (which shall not be named) should be ready 2B slayed. Anybody wanna bring their sled up there and give me a ride to the base? I don't mind skinning up, but the approach sux.
    Friends said it was good this weekend, didn't get up there myself, but sounds like its starting to look like winter up there finally..
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

From the desk of the Cabby Slappy: Best weekend so far this year! really cold made snow light, lots of new in the trees and on the edges of the groomers on Friday night. slackcountry was shin deep. got first tracks down I-75 on Saturday (lucky to be on top when it opened - was nice). crowds low. still a ton of lift served goods Saturday. Hiked a bit on Sunday snow so deep only the steeper lines were ride-able.

Bcar: How was nubs and/or hiking? I thought you didn't ski Michigan, must be getting desperate..

not where the most snow was last night...

Bcar: How was nubs and/or hiking? I thought you didn't ski Michigan, must be getting desperate..
    yes...very desperate...i'll be far shy of my 25-out-west-days this year... ;(
    at least we finally booked a 10 day trip to SLC and jackson, cant freakin wait!

twas a cold @#$ weekend!

BUT! this weekend was pretty good as far as LP MI skiing goes! nubs was good, the cold kept a lot of people off the hill, hiked most of the day, good shots with boot top deep, just short... didnt take any pics.

Sunday we hiked all day in a new secret zone Grrreat snow, got my first ever LP faceshot, LOL! some mini spines, pillows etc, we didnt take too many pics, brutal boot pack back up-everything was steep.... even found a little sloughing, good thing we did our stability checks

more to come later...

edit...only had a cam phone, oops.
    Last edited by Bcar; 01-24-2011 at 09:56 AM.
    When seconds count...ski patrol, SAR or the cops are only minutes away...

If they call it Tourist Season, why cant we shoot them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Was thinking about hitting Bohemia this weekend, but it doesn't look like any meaningful snowfalls are going to happen during the week. I'll likely stick to marquette unless it's dumping in the Kee. I'll likely be with a much more beginner skier (read: jeans) or alone.

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    I am, spend most of my time at tyrol. If you're there and see someone skiing all black('06) gotamas, say hello.
    Did I meet you last year at Tyrol? I was riding Moment Tahoes, your son plays soccer at Edgewood...

I've only been out to Tyrol once this year, I definitely need to get out there more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcar View Post
    Sunday we hiked all day in a new secret zone

edit...only had a cam phone, oops.
    Hey! for the LP this is pretty good stoke. Please send GPS coordinates

first tracks down I-75
    that was one of my last runs (ever?) at the 'fae- on a rope duck tho...
    pete skiing there lots as well looks like- sorry no lodging hookups, if curt h is still bumpin chairs or teachin he's a cadillac friend of mine & may know rental market u once asked me about...

good lookin snow btw

Quote Originally Posted by freeze View Post
    Did I meet you last year at Tyrol? I was riding Moment Tahoes, your son plays soccer at Edgewood...

I've only been out to Tyrol once this year, I definitely need to get out there more.
    That was me; and yes, you should get out there more. The snow was cold and fast this morning.

Friday, Opening bell, Red chair at Perfect North. c ya!
    when not on the snow what else do i do...

http://www.jatho-craftsman.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    WHAT? I laughed at first, but then the possiblity of such an event actually crept into my brain. Call me gullible, but did this really happen?
    Yeah man it happened. Was around then, late 70s or something.

I'm just here becuz I been here yet this year... new job means many biz trips... then aain, said trips have let me seen things like

and people do things like

I like my new job.
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

PNS Friday at the bell, actually dragging out some mags who haven't ridden in a couple years. Green and white jacket, ask for change.
    I still call it The Jake.

PNS Friday at the bell, actually dragging out some mags who haven't ridden in a couple years. Green and white jacket, ask for change.
    Arghh, severe neck problems, superbros all tuned and with plates, still have no sitski to ride and not possible it seems to attach to PNS adaptive sit skis--will investigate more and will update when better. Have fun with Lost ITT and others if you link up. Breck was good.

I figured I would send this to the top since there is a good amount of snow on tap for the next couple days. Who is heading where? I'm hitting up either Cascade or Tyrol Basin tonight and also should be heading out on Wednesday as well.

PNS closed today (Tuesday)?

We will be suspending operations for Tuesday Feburary 1st. We don't typically close because of rain but there are other aspects of this storm that are of concern. We may see some ice, sleet, or freezing rain. In addition to periods of heavy rain there is also the possibility of thunderstorms late Tuesday night.

All those weather uncertanties lead us to the conclusion that is was probably best to close the ski area for the day and reopen on Wednesday when we return to a more winter like pattern
    Nobody listens to a fkn word fat chicks say. Nobody talks to them long enough to notice they're crazy

Can someone please bitch slap the media! They have everyone in a panic over 8" snowfall.

Exaggerated comments: """HUGE""" snow storm": """BLIZZARD""" on the way": """BLISTERING COLD""": """MASSIVE""" snow storm".

They act like a Japanese Squadron was just spotted over Truax.

Actual forecast for Madison: Up to 8" Possible, heavier SE. Drifting snow, high temp of 18.

I really hope it lives up to hype & we get 20+".

[End rant]

Quote Originally Posted by mhenks05 View Post
    I figured I would send this to the top since there is a good amount of snow on tap for the next couple days. Who is heading where? I'm hitting up either Cascade or Tyrol Basin tonight and also should be heading out on Wednesday as well.
    I may be at Tyrol Wednesday provided The Peoples Republic of Madison doesn't declare Marshal Law.

Orange jacket, tan pant, gray helmet w/ O goggle.

Quote Originally Posted by waltonhockey05 View Post
    PNS closed today (Tuesday)?
    Talked to a grooming manager out there on Monday and they said they wanted the day to keep the snowpack in good shape for when it freezes back up this evening. Natural snow overnight, and they want to make some as well.

Jag, isn't the bulk of the snowfall supposed to track south of you? I heard Wilmot is going off the next two days!
    I still call it The Jake.

Chitown to get "20 over the next 24 hrs??? Milwaukee "15?? More snow than we are getting in the Tetons! Have fun with it.

Jag, isn't the bulk of the snowfall supposed to track south of you? I heard Wilmot is going off the next two days!
    Yep, 4-7 for us...Press the panic button!

Wilmots' look'n good, bet every FIB's got a bone right now.

Map showed Galena getting hit pretty good too; road trip may be in near future!

Jag, remember the first real snowstorm last year when Tyrol Basin closed and the city was crippled for weeks because they decided not to salt or plow until the snow stopped?

There will be mass hysteria at 4:00 when the snow starts falling.

Ok, who was at alpine valley today with their bluehouses and salomon ak swallowtails? Talk about wishful thinking... Im still here so we may cross paths. Blue arcteryx shell woth dynastar big troubles.