Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lightbulb New Improved JH Summit Thread with everything you need to know!

Last Minute Summit Thread

Updated attendees: 1/6/05. Entertainment schedule added 1/21.

We would like to make a contact list for attendees with email addresses, phone numbers, lodging details, dates, etc that we can give to everyone when they get here, so it'll be easier to contact each other. If you want your name on this send your info to sherpastyle@gmail.com

This is the new official JH Summit thread. It should have all the links you need. If we missed something or you have any questions shoot us a PM. We’ll keep updating this thread throughout the next couple months. Oh yeh, post your JH stoke here too!
    -sherpa

What: 2005 JH Summit

When: February 4-14, 2005

Where: Teton Village, WY (i.e. Jackson Hole)

Who’s Invited: YOU and everyone you know

Why: Maggot debauchery? (and maybe a little skiing on the side)

Events: skiing, touring, day trip to Targhee?, snowmobile/touring day trip to Togwotee Pass?, party/karaoke night at the Mangy Moose (on multiple occasions)

Official Days Schedule: Daily meeting time is 9:00 in front of the Tram, I'll try to be there by 8:45 on Fri and Sat so I can get you stickers and schedules...d'oh, i might have to be at work by 9:00, oh well..i'll figure it out.

Fri JH
    Sat JH
    Sun JH
    Mon Targhee via alltrans
    Tues JH
    Wed JH
    Thurs JH
    Fri Targhee via alltrans
    Sat JH
    Sun JH
    Mon JH

$55.00 buys you a ride on alltrans from JH over to targhee, a day pass - & a ride back at the end of the day. This offer is only good on Monday Feb 7th & Friday Feb 11th. The normal price for a day ticket is $52.00---for all the details and to sign up you need to call alltrans. Tell them you are part of the "TGR group" - thier number is 1-307-734-9SKI

Official Night Activities at JH Summit

Fri 4th Most people just getting here or not here yet. Head to the moose and drink lots.
    Sat 5th Moose - Vinyl is playing
    Sun 6th Official welcome/kickoff/Superbowl party at Frozens (Gulp)
    Mon 7th TBA
    Tues 8th Mardi Gras - Jackson pub crawl-Meet at BrewPub (Millward and Hansen?) at 7:00 and continue through town until out of beads and or money
    Wed 9th TBA
    Thurs 10th Avy discussion and fundraiser for Newt at Cascade (time TBA)+Guttermouth plays at the Moose
    Fri 11th TBA
    Sat 12th Powder to the People tour hits the moose & Mandatory air plays
    Sun 13th Teton Village Pub Crawl
    Mon 14th TBD

Nightly meeting time at Moose is 6:00 we'll try to take over the upstairs if it isnt too busy...

MOOSE PASS- $40 gets you unlimited entry into the Moose during the Summit. $5 of each Moose pass goes to Newt's family (the summit charity)
    With this pass you won't have to worry about cover charges and being turned away at the door if the shows sell out.

Sponsors: TGR

Transportation:

START bus

Shuttle to/from SLC and Idaho Falls
    Shuttle to/from Grand Targhee (includes 1 day lift ticket to Targhee=$65)
    Jackson Hole Alltrans

Carpool Thread

Deals:

Tickets to JHMR: 3 days =$168 (valid 3 out of 4 days)

Tickets to Grand Targhee: Regular price $53 (working on discount)

Lodging:
    Note: If you don’t have lodging yet, you should probably get on it. These are probably the best deals you’re going to find and once the season starts places will probably start to fill up fast. There are already a lot of people booked at Hostel X, so they might already be looking pretty full. If you’re one of those people that likes to procrastinate and figures you can just figure it out when you get here you’ll probably end up paying exorbitant amounts of $ or you might really end up sleeping on the tram dock…not that that’s a bad thing.

TETON VILLAGE:

Jackson Hole Resort Lodging and ski deal: 4 nights/3 days skiing=$289 per person (2 bedroom condo-based on 4 people per unit)
    www.jhresortlodging.com
    (800)443-8613- say you’re with TGR group in February for discount

Hostel X:
    Bunk room (4 twin beds/1ba,3-4 ppl)- $68
    1-2 ppl- $55
    www.hostelx.com

Best Western-The Inn:
    www.innatjh.com
    (800)842-7666

Village Center Inn
    www.jhresortlodging.com
    (800) 443-6931

The Alpenhof Lodge (make reservations with “TGR group in February”
    2 double- $189 (reg rate-$250)
    www.alpenhoflodge.com
    (800)732-3244

JACKSON:

Near town square:

Cache Creek Motel: all rooms have kitchenettes (make reservations with “Powder Summit” for discount)
    1qn- $55 (1-2 ppl)
    2qn- $65 (2-4 ppl)
    Suite (2qn/sofa sleeper or 3qn)- $110 (up to 6 ppl)
    www.cachecreekmotel.com
    (800)843-4788

Trapper Inn: has indoor/outdoor hot tubs (make reservations with “Powder Summit” for group discount)
    1qn- $53
    2qn- $65
    Deluxe (2qn/kitchenette)- $75
    Prices are based on 2ppl/rm occupancy. Add $10.per additional person.
    www.trapperinn.com
    (307)733-2648

Angler’s Inn: must be respectful of other guests (make reservations with “Powder Summit” for group discount)
    1qn/sofa sleeper- $45
    2qn- $52
    www.anglersinn.net
    (800)867-4667

Town Square Inns: The 49er Inn and The Antler Inn: hot tubs/sauna (make reservations with “Powder Summit for discount”
    2qn (2ppl)- $68
    2qn (4ppl)- $76
    www.townsquareinns.com
    (800) 4 TETONS

Off Broadway:

The Virginian Lodge: hot tub, make reservations with “Powder Summit”
    2qn- $38 (some kitchenettes available)
    www.virginianlodge.com
    (800) 262-4999

Links:

Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
    Bridger-Teton Avalanche Forecast
    General JH Info

Related Threads:

Buster came up with the idea to create a fund to help bring in deserving maggots who would otherwise be unable to attend the Summit. Here's the thread:
    Maggot Scholarship Fund

Original JH Summit Thread

Sorry Plakespear I’m hijacking your thread and making it the official “who wants to sleep with me” thread. Lodging Hookup Thread

Carpool Thread

Attendees:
    Last edited by JHSummit; 01-31-2005 at 06:13 PM.

THANKS SHERPA!! I was getting lost shuffling through all the other threads. Working on finalizing some dates and numbers. Will send an update to the attendance list after this weekend.
    I think I'm going mad.

Idris, Maybee, Banff AB

Quote Originally Posted by Idris
    Idris, Maybee, Banff AB
    Tom, you're on the list. Hope to get to ski with you again.

Like the sticker.

Idris - it looks like we may have room for one more in the truck, if you're thinking of an extended weekend. Likely going down Thu the 10th and driving back on the 14th.

Thumbs up PM revised thread and official JH sticker

Thanks Sperpa and Frozen for all of your work getting everything set up for us.This year sounds like it will be better than last year if that's possible.Looking forward to making turns with the maggots that I know and meeting new ones.Keep up the hard work,we appreciate it.Thanks Again,Mr.Stinky
    That which doesn't kill us,only makes us stronger!

Way too far down the page

Quote Originally Posted by PlayHarder

Idris - it looks like we may have room for one more in the truck, if you're thinking of an extended weekend. Likely going down Thu the 10th and driving back on the 14th.
    If Idris doesn't want it I might be keen. I really want to go but I'm not sure if it's possible yet.
    'I dare to dream and differ from the hollow lies'

Quote Originally Posted by Redskea
    If Idris doesn't want it I might be keen. I really want to go but I'm not sure if it's possible yet.
    Still open as to whether we're taking my truck down or renting something with a little more space. I'm pretty sure we can get you down there, either way, if you can get away from your duties for a long weekend.

****So this isn't a hijack and still fits into everything you need to know - this offer for sharing a ride applies to any Ab. mags that need transportation.

Speaking of AB maggots, I'm out. The new job is taking away too much time from the family life and I can't justify coming home from three weeks in the field and spending my week off away from home. Gots to have some quality time with the wife and kid.

Just talked to the organizer over at the Mangy Moose, we are trying to set up a Karyoke night during the week, and we are on track for getting a maggot/moose party on a weeknight with a top level band to come in.

Thats right, a weend party at the moose with a kick ass band.

Woo hoo! Karaoke! I'd better brush up on my glorious tribute to the Weather Girls.

Duet anyone?

Just make sure they can play "Rubs the Lotion on its Skin".
    "I smell varmint puntang."

Thumbs up

I'll be there with mtn man and spanky

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Roo
    Woo hoo! Karaoke! I'd better brush up on my glorious tribute to the Weather Girls.
    I hope you're going to change the words to "it's snowing men."

Here's something that could be valuable to someone. Discounted lift tickets if you fly on Northwest: http://www.jacksonhole.com/info/package.nwa.asp

Reservation made 6-13th.
    Mini Maggette, mrs dougw plus probably a couple of Alberta Maggots.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Get me on the more than maybe list....I ain't got no job!

JHSummit - Do we have to reserve the lift ticket deal ($168 for three days) before we get there, or do we just say we are a maggot at the window and they'll hook us up?
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Below Zero- You don't have to buy the tickets in advance.

Hm, its been awhile since I updated that attendee list. I guess I should get on that...
    "College degree. Good job. Big house. We all make mistakes..."

www.lizmarshall.zenfolio.com

Mit is offline Con-Coccyxial Concussed
    I just read in SKIER and it said that JH is taking CDN money at par for lift tickets. Can anyone here confirm or deny this? I emailed JH but still haven't gotten any word back from them. It seems almost too good to be true for us hosers who are making it down for the summit (woohoo more beer money ).

Quote Originally Posted by truth
    That's too good to not go in the maggot picture thread, truth, so I took the liberty to crosspost it.

I'll definitely be there. Coming from L.A. Not sure what dates.

Well I see I'm on the Almost Certain list. Truth is I have no money with little to no chance to have any by then. I am signed up for vacation though so if the miraculous happens and the dinero shows up I'll show up.
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

Regarding Canucks:

Mit asked me to post this brief correspondance he had with JH regarding tickets at par.

Inquiry
    I recenetly read in SKIER magazine that Jackson Hole takes Canadian $ at par for lift tickets. If yes does this apply multiday or group tickets?

Response

The Jackson Hole Canadian $ at par deal applies only for multiday or group tickets if they are purchased through a wholesaler (travel agency). Otherwise the deal does not apply directly to individual ticket purchases. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact our ticket office at 307-739-2730. Thank You.

Anyway we can get in on this?

d.