Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Damn. I'm sad just reading this post. My dog spent the afternoon at the vet. He's been having troubles - just whimpering and whinning for apparently no reason. When I got up this morning, his neck seemed beyond stiff. Wouldn't even look up. The vet says he's likely got a slipped disk (seriously?). My pup is still around, and I can't imagine waking up and not having him there. I've been there before, though. Hang in there.

Fack ... I can't see the stupid screen ... give me a minute

Blessed in living , blessed in passing, we are all blessed in sharring their lives.

Man, I wanted this thread to be something about your pooch loosing his favorite copy of Powder Mag. So sorry to read this. The leash pic got me. Hang in there EO.

The leash pic sent me over the edge, too. What took your Powder is exactly what took my Shadow. It all happened so fast.

Virtual hugs headed your way. What a great and fulfilling life you provided for Powder. Vibes to Odin, too. He's sure to be missing his buddy.

Take care.

J
    Last edited by Jax; 09-07-2010 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    RIP Powder.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    On a related note, Powder looked more like a Samoyed than an American Eskimo, no?
    I was thinking the exact same thing. That's a big Eskimo. ++++VIBES++++

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and support. Joan was really touched by the compassion of this community.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Powder and Zane are tearing it up.
    I just know it.
    you betcha. Here are some pics from our hike to Phillips Pass. This is a bunch of good looking dogs.

Ready to go

At the Pass

Done and time to rest

Joan requested I add one more picture for her. This was at the top of West Maroon Pass.

Powder showed his stubborn side that hike. He did not want to leave the top of the pass. We started down the trail and figured he would eventually follow. About a 1/4 mile down he was still up at the top enjoying the breeze. I had to go back up and force him down.

Great tribute man...sorry for your loss. Powder was lucky to have found you.

Great tribute Chris.