Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Fall Browns

Softbooter is my new hero. Tell me more.
    Harvest the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by L8APX View Post
    Softbooter is my new hero. Tell me more.
    x2

X3

You know it is really big when multiple people want their picture taken with the same fish! Can we at least find out what water that is? Details would be nice, but just the river would suffice.
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    X3

You know it is really big when multiple people want their picture taken with the same fish! Can we at least find out what water that is?
    I think that's two different fish.

I'm guessing the Smith.

If I am wrong about the fish, it just makes me more jealous. But looking at the lines of the jaw in those two pics and they sure are similiar. Spots around the head are super similiar too, just different lighting. But either way hopefully Softbooter will post some more info and give us the story.
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

those are 2 different fish. the one on the left is 28 inches and the other is 30.5. Here is another one. I think it's called a slovak or something like that. as for me telling the river, why would I do that? cheers fellas

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Booter View Post
    those are 2 different fish. the one on the left is 28 inches and the other is 30.5. Here is another one. I think it's called a slovak or something like that. as for me telling the river, why would I do that? cheers fellas
    Impressive. Getting into some serious size there.

Looks like some shitty weather this weekend. Fishing should be good. Maybe pow in the morning and browns in the afternoon.

God damn that is one slimy beast! Looks like it swam up from Lake Ontario or something.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

last brown for me before the storms arrived in early november....

^^^^^^ That's a real beauty of a fish and a great photo too!
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

^^^^ Wow. 2nd on a very nice photo/fish.

Mostly browns on the first page. http://thereefflyshop.blogspot.com/

check out the kype on this guy

Greased,
    In a couple of those pics the fish look more like Atlantic Salmon, not browns...imho. Just as nice a fish. With mineral content just right, Atlantics will take on the same coloration as a brown..but just a little different around their spots. They change a great deal from when in their infancy....as the smolt pics show. Salmo Salar is the leaper...
    $.01
    Last edited by steved; 01-03-2011 at 03:02 PM.

It's that time of year again.

I was going to post up a seperate trip report for Wednesdays trip down the B section of the Green, but when I saw Underoos had bumped this is seemed the perfect spot.

Coffee and bourbon

Biggest fish I have pulled out of the Green
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

now how many of these were plucked off their redds?
    I hope y'all are catching em during migration and not when they are actually spawning. although i know its probably fewer than most

Quote Originally Posted by ski4trees View Post
    now how many of these were plucked off their redds?
    I hope y'all are catching em during migration and not when they are actually spawning. although i know its probably fewer than most
    Redds? I don't know what that is.

The way we have been catching them is pretty cool. We have been finding them grouped up in shallow gravelly water. Bunches of them all together and you can see them and walk right up to them. They will eat just about anything. Half the time it seems like they are eating our salmon eggs just because they are pissed off. It's so easy!

I'm thinking about changing from a treble hook to single barbed hook. To make it more sporting, y'know?

DAMN NICE HAWG TELEEEEEE!! Guess mebbe SFB is right and next year we should head down to the VERDE!

hey underpants are you guys sprayin yer eggs with wd-40? My buddy told me that helps em gulp the salmon eggs or powerbait down even faster. Sometimes we'll just drag a line with like three trebles through those weird groups of fish you mentioned, I dunno WTF is going on with those stupid fish but man we usually limit out within like an hour and since the warden's never around we keep fishin and usually come home with like fifty big fish!

Fuck using artificial gear. I'm just gonna go up to one of these so called redd thingys, take some eggs and run a barbed hook through them. Does anyone know how to rig that with a bread and corn dropper? That outta catch me some fishes.

I only fish off redds, that way I can be sure I'm taking home healthy fish to eat.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Yo prof you no fish the NAC Provo two fly or I miss you today?
    I had the western river studs they had a few quality browns on the line but couldn't seal deals.

Think this ones a bowrainer

These werent browns or brunettes but ya knows it never hurts to have team red bull tight fishbum as support

big fish prize came out of here Vict R

24" brown

Fuck them wd40 eggs on reds I pick cased caddis and leaches out of my teeth for bait

Headed to the green next week for TU one fly hopin my pops scores another one of these

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

finally brought camera, 9/22/2011 downtown steamboat springs, yampa river

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR3767.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	338.1 KB 
ID:	100681Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR3768.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	359.9 KB 
ID:	100682
    believe me its real.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Redds? I don't know what that is.

The way we have been catching them is pretty cool. We have been finding them grouped up in shallow gravelly water. Bunches of them all together and you can see them and walk right up to them. They will eat just about anything. Half the time it seems like they are eating our salmon eggs just because they are pissed off. It's so easy!

I'm thinking about changing from a treble hook to single barbed hook. To make it more sporting, y'know?

haha funny, buuuut, do you know how often i go to an area to do observation and study in november, only to find flyshops advertising fishing is good in places where they have spawned and not where the migration is taking place? a bunch of wanna be Simms reps. dressed head to toe thinking they are killin it
    once october passes and november hits, go swing for steelhead, let the browns do their thing.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    once oct passes and the nov snows start I let them fishes do their thing and do the skibum thing, but everyones free to recreate as they see fit
    more brown stoke albiet neither big or true fall
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno