Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Browns

Quote Originally Posted by stompinlines View Post
    Jesus christ, that is a beaut!
    Length?
    Thanks man, it was 22-23" in the net. Caught on my S4 906 with a 6" olive bunny. Couldn't ask for a better time
    Harvest the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by L8APX View Post
    One from tonight.
    The body shot

the head shot

Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm going out to try and catch a b-day brown. It worked out for me two years ago, fingers crossed.
    GORGEOUS.

Hurricane Igor has SHAFTED fishing here for at least a week. I can honestly say this season we've seen more rain than fish.

Little miss piggy from this morning.

One that my non-mag friend hooked up with.
    Harvest the ride.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Hit the green last week for a few days fishin & TU's onefly tourney.
    Best fishin Weds under cloudy skis and rain. ate the streamer and a variety of terrestrials well
    my pops w/a few brownies

Guided a couple good sticks in the tourney. One guy fished a cinamon harrops ant and this dude threw a cricket

More bows and cutties that day we put 20 sumthin in the net with 19" as the big fish.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Nice fish sfb, your pops is the man.
    Do you guide for western rivers?
    Harvest the ride.

Hit the Green yesterday, while we mostly landed rainbows, later in the day when it cooled down we managed to get some brownies to come up and eat.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ^^^^ nice thinking about heading up and camping the week/end of the 12th
    possibly upper green waters still pretty warm from what I hear but a good cold snap should change that. shoot me a pm if you can get away. Best time of year now rivers empty fish get honery and the colors are great
    Lax haven't guided the past 3 summers there are times I miss it and times I don't rowing for people who can cast/ fish is a blast. having to constantly explain mend and nymph not so much. I still swamp a trip or two as I love that as everyone knows how to use the fork.
    I guide for western a bit once you liscened you can work for any outfitter.
    I'm stoked my pops found TU and decided to get involved once he retired.
    Keeps him occupied and it's a great cause
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Can I play too?

Biggest of 3 browns that chased a bullet woolly bugger. 10, 18 & 20. Was a good morning on the Gallatin. Man it's been gorgeous lately.

wow

^^^ Jesus! that is a beautiful brownie im jealous.. this thread is a godsend
    screw it.. redbull time.. second inning

Big Mamma

One big'ol stream brown that my buddy got into today. The best part is the emailed story that went along with the fish pictures.

"stopped to fish on my way home from work on Location deletedat the "secret" pool and caught this hen. i wasnt going to fish but for five minutes, just a few rolls, and got her on my second cast. it took five minutes to land it while fighting a heron that was fishing across the creek. the s.o.b saw the fish when it got in the shallows,came hopping over and tried to attack it. i literally karate chopped that fucker off the creek. anyway she was 25" and HEAVY. awesome fish!!!"

Dude is a heron karate chopping mutha, and that's why I fish with him. Plus check out the on the way home blue jeans look!
    Harvest the ride.

this fella crushed, CRUSHED,
    the #12 ant. put one hell
    of a bend in the 4wt cane.

WTF is fall? Here in Utah it is never ending hopper/caddis season. Getting kind of tired of it too
    "I dont hike.... my legs are too heavy"

Fall Bow

This guy wasnt on a streamer, but even being taken on a dry fly it was October, so that counts right?

Epic fall browns from the confluence of the Henry's Fork and the beaverhead. Ok, not the Beaverhead but close to.....over the fence, up the riverbed, through some log jams and voilla browns thinking less about the lake and more about well u know.

Fall Browns in all their glory

Epic fall browns from the confluence of the Henry's Fork and the beaverhead. Ok, not the Beaverhead but close to.....over the fence, up the riverbed, through some log jams and voilla browns thinking less about the lake and more about well u know.

ok mags, fan me and pass it forward please. So when I beg Moonlight Basin for a pass I can tell em I have more fans then them and did it for about...oh... $600,000,000 fewer dollars. Starving artist begging for a ski pass so I can ride this winter!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fish-E...y/360786338758

blatant plug but you will enjoy

Tahoe Brown

Caught this is 35 degree sideways rain the other weekend.
    Don't worry scro, I know lots of tards living real kick ass lives.

Those are all awesome looking fish guys. I Gotta get out right now!
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by shreddacord View Post

ok mags, fan me and pass it forward please. So when I beg Moonlight Basin for a pass I can tell em I have more fans then them and did it for about...oh... $600,000,000 fewer dollars. Starving artist begging for a ski pass so I can ride this winter!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fish-E...y/360786338758

blatant plug but you will enjoy

Really sick shots. I went and looked through some of your photos on facebook, you've really got some great stuff.
    However, I neeed to know: was this brookie really 19" tall?!

Hot damn.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Yup, that sucka was 2 feet by a foot and a half. There are a couple spots at the headwaters of the Deschutes and the Williamson where the brookies have ideal conditions and grow this large. Hosmer lake is basically a huge spring where the Deschutes begins and is one of the spots as well as a few springs just downtstream. The state record Brookie came out of here at 9 pounds. This thing was probably 6 maybe 7. Although there were some 10 pounders in this pod of 500 brookies I was shooting. Definatly the state record brookie was here. It was on a private ranch where a huge aquablue spring was coming out of the ground. A spring with maybe 1 or 2 hundred cfs. In fall, full spawning colors and all of em podded up beneath it. Let's put it this way, next time your waitress arrives with 4 plates of food on one tray, stop lookin at her ass and look at the tray carrying those plates. Cuz that's the size of that beast!

Looking at the pic above, I cant help but notice the old beat up brookie in the background. With a face/jaw like that, he sure has been through a few scraps in his time. Thanks for the great pics!

I love me some brown trout

Jesus, God, that thing is a ferocious beast! Hideous!!! (In a beautiful way of course)

Let's put it this way, next time your waitress arrives with 4 plates of food on one tray, stop lookin at her ass and look at the tray carrying those plates. Cuz that's the size of that beast!
    Interesting perspective on the big Brookie, I like it. Sounds like an interesting place...
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

i miss browns... thanks mags for keeping my brown eye blue.

yea, drunk again butt wanted to express my gratitude.
    the kids are all wasted on pot listening to heavy metal